Official Happy with the season overall thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by johnnysd, Jan 7, 2007.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I am upset that the Jets lost, and thought they had a chance, but overall I am very happy with the season and eveything that has happened. We WERE rebuilding, but made the playoffs anyone and have improved so much this year. The Jets are at least a year ahead of schedule and with a good draft this year they can get to the next level in the upcoming season. Really proud of the team and the coaches. Go J-E-T-s Jets Jets Jets!!

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It was a great season! Much better than anyone anticipated. Still sucks to lose to the F'n Pats

3. The U

The U Member

Great season all in all. This team outplayed everyones expectations. I am happy with our draft and coaching staff. Should be good things to come.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've had worse things happen in my life.

Anyone who complains is just being greedy and unappreciative (sp?)

Great season...we're gunna be a FORCE next year.

5. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

I am proud with the first year progress of these boys, wait till next year JETS!!

6. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I'm pleased with the season on a whole, but pissed at who the Jets had to end their season to.

7. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

I enjoyed this season as much as any (too young to REALLY remember SBIII). I expected little and got much more than that. Making the playoffs was great. Losing today sucked, but someone has to lose and I think the team that played better won today.

Beats the hell out of the Kotite years!

8. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

It's all about progress, and we made it this year. While we should expect a better result next year (beyond the Wildcard), I won't necessarily use that as my bogey next year. What I want to see is another good class brought onto the team via the draft; improvement by every player from their individual performance this year and the absence of the errors that were made this year that ultimately cost us.

Ironically, this result today was probably the best thing to happen to the Jets players and the organization overall. There should be a fire in the belly of every player to improve and to exceed this year's performance. Short of a Super Bowl win, we had the best outcome to be expected this year: improvement but a realization that there's more work to be done.

9. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

The NFL is so fickle you never know what will happen from year to year. Look at Carolina and New Orleans for instance.

I'm sure we a lot of us expect to reach the second round next year, but you just never know.

10. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I'm so proud to be a Jets fan.

11. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

For anyone that follows hockey, the Edmonton Oilers of the 80s had the greatest talent of their generation. In 1984 they came up against the dynasty new york islanders. Battle tested, older, wiser. They soundly beat the younger and inexpierenced oilers. They did what was necessary to win in the playoffs much like the patriots did today. The Oilers were knocking, but the older wiser Islanders taught them a lesson on how to win.

The next year the Islanders were dethroned by the young upstart oilers. Ithink this is a perfect comparision to where most of our younger players are at this stage. They were taught an important lesson today about what it takes to win in the playoffs.

We're knocking and you better believe that we'll have what it takes next year. We can take this as a huge positive step, or a negative. We now know what it takes to win in the postseason.

12. LAJetFan

LAJetFan New Member

If anyone told me we'd be playing in January before this season started I would have signed up for that in a second. A great season. Can't wait til next year.

13. Pride

Pride New Member

signed, this should be the largest thread ever in ganggreen history, b/c it should be signed by every member of tgg. Well every Jets fan now that our Pats frriends have seen the light

14. Paddock

Paddock Member

I'm very proud of the team, obvious disappointment today... But I'm happy for our guys. Looks like a promising offseason with limited free agents and good cap room available.

I had fun watching and being there this year, I hope everyone else did too.