In the 6 yers since '01......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sean_in_titletown, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Sean_in_titletown

I haven't sweated a gam eout like this. I mean literally. The score will be misleadinb but Mangini and Schottenheimer did everything they could to keep it close. The two teams are clearly on a different talent level. Without a running game and stud pass rushers, the Jets were forced this year to take a lot of calculated chances. Eventually it caught up with them. They had to try and blitz...

I think Scottenheimer is INVALUABLE.....

2. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

pats are just a better team. gotta be happy with the progress the team has made over the season. two musts for next year if we want to improve is a stud running back and some help on the d-line.

3. FrankieGN

FrankieGN New Member

i agree...but still upset!!

Frankie From Brooklyn!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nice post, Sean. I think the Jets-Pats rivalry is going to become something more than it has been in previous years. The Jets just don't have the pieces in place to execute the gameplan well enough yet.

The San Diego game is going to be interesting. I'd wish you luck, but, you know, it's the Patriots.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The one bright spot out of this game for me is that nobody will come sniffing for Schottenheimer as their head coach for another season. I was getting a bit worried about what would happen if Schotty's O beat Belichik's D.

And I agree that the Jet's talent base is not at the level of the Patriots yet.

We're down at QB, RB and LB at a minimum. All of that said I think the Jets will challenge the Pats for the division next year. If Mangini could pull 10-6 out of this season, even with the weak schedule, I'd love to see what he does with a full year to prepare.

6. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I think the Pats are winning the Super Bowl again this year - over New Orleans. So in the end, we shouldn't feel so bad about today

7. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I think the safety margin between the Pats and Jets is narrowing for sure. We didn't lose for lack of preparation, or really execution. I was surprised, in fact, that the Pats were hit with those two unecessary roughness penalties.

Like you suggested, there's still a talent gap along the Jets' D-line and we need a stud RB to take pressure off of Chad. I would have loved to see this game if we had the Curtis Martin of '04. Granted, that's an extreme in our favor, but we could have kept the Pats a bit more honest.

Fair's fair. Pats won. Can't wish you luck vs. SD, though. Come on LT.

8. Sean_in_titletown

Fair enough, but, unless Seatle makes the Superbowl, NE will be drafting higher than the Jets.....Thanks to that ridiculous Deion Branch trade....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9901730

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If we had the Curtis Martin of 2004, we're sitting home today as the #1 or #2 overall seed, probably with a 13-3 record.

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Ridiculous in what way? Has helped Seattle and hasn't killed New England.....

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Peace, Sean. You're pretty good people. I can't go so far as to wish your team well, but I look forward to seeing you next season.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't see it. I don't like the matchup next week for the Patriots. I will be very surprised if the AFCCG is not Baltimore at San Diego.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If the Pats win another SB I will just die... Seriously... I have mad respect for the Pats, but all I need is for more fuel to be added to the fire. Expecially with some of the redick PatsY trolls that come to this board.

14. Sean_in_titletown

Well, I don't think Branch is worth a 1st round pick. He had a typical Deion type of seasn 70+ something receptions for between 700-800 yards receiving... Would you say that's worth a first rounder? I think someone is going to pay Samuel huge money. I have a feeling in won't be NE or NY. That's just not the Belichick/Pioli way... But that would have to be considered a win for the Jets.. This rivalry is alive and well...

For those of you railing against Chad, I say you're nuts. The guy completed something like 14 out of 15 down the stretch... Once it got to be 14 points, he was a sitting duck... Imagine your season next year with a 1st year QB...Chad is very intelligent and a great leader. Two things you need much more than a rifle arm..

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

BINGO! :beer:

Atleast you get it. :)

16. Sean_in_titletown

I just can not beleive how you wouldn't want Chad as your QB... It would be one thing if there was a Phil Simms/Jeff Hostetler situation where there was a proven guy behind him on the depth chart.... To put it in perspective, Bledsoe has a friggin rifle arm and a .10 cent head...I'd take Chad over that guys any day. Clemens? If he were a sure thing he would've been a top 20 pick... Was he? ( I honestly don't know)

17. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

If he were a sure thing he would've been a top 20 pick... Was he?

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Clemens was #49 overall, but that is not the point really.

Chad is the leader of this team. He wants a title. He is not happy.

19. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Right on the Money, but I myself would like to see Clemens given a shot even if it means taking a step back. . I know it sounds crazy given what Chad today. I just feel we will be a good team with Chad but not great. He couldnt get the 7 today like Brady because he cant zip it when he has to.

20. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Because he broke his ankle and didnt play most of the year. He would have went much higher without the injury.