I have such contempt for Belichick and that franchise...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. JetMania

JetMania New Member

Allan you sound like a Jealous A-hole. They are the best organization in the NFL. Suck it up!

2. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Here, here! Well said. And while we're at it, fuck the Red Sox, too.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I wouldn't say they are the best organization, rather the winningest organization in the last 5 years.

While winning is the tonic for all player gripes, the Pats organization has not really endeared itself to its players (and subsequently fans) by cutting popular players, refusing to resign key stars like Branch and Vinatieri and treating some staff poorly when the moved onto other organizations. It is especially more troubling when the Pats will finish the season with $10mm in unused cap money.

4. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

First off, we are not finishing the season with 10 million in unused cap space. We finished with 6.5 million. I have also heard the latest figure is 3.5 million ( I think 2 roster moves adjusted this at the end of the season to get to 3.5).

Second, and as you'll see too as you mimic us, you have to make hard choices with personnel under the salary cap. Sometimes that means making unpopular choices. When you give in to a contract demand that will throw off your salary cap, it has a domino effect. Others players will follow.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but it is a reality in the salary cap era. Hard choices need to be made. With the money saved, we aquired Seattle's #1 and then went on to resign our center Dan Koppen to a 6(?) year deal.

#64 Dirtywater, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

At least the Jets can specify what state they represent.

6. Dirtywater

Yet they don't even play there! :lol:

Face it, we're both guilty. :beer:

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I understand that most of the choices they made up until this offseason were predominantly good football decisions. And, while they are proof positive that organizations win championships, aren't fans ticked at letting Viniatieri and Branch go? Isn't Brady ticked that he signed for less than top dollar just so he can throw to Reche Caldwell?

Considering the Pats success at developing O-line talent I found it a bit odd that they would re-sign O-line as opposed to a skill position player / SB MVP like Branch when the WR corp is such crap.

(In Bill Simmons column a few weeks ago he pegged the Pats unused cap dollars at $8 million http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061215)

8. Dirtywater

Sure. You make a lot of good points, but it is not just Koppen. Samuel, Koppen, Graham, Wilson and others are all FA this off season. Signing Branch to the huge deal would have hurt us. Not saying it is right, but it is what it is.

WR is a need for us. No doubt. As for the cap, those things are so crazy, I can't fault anyone for not knowing it, lol. There is a Pats fan named Miguel, who has a legendary Pats salary cap page http://www.patscap.com/ that is referenced even by all the media in Boston, and on national sites. Kudos to that guy, I wouldn't be able to follow it even 1% as good as he does.