Amnesty! - Time to unite Jet Fans!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

For a minute, lets get past the " I told you so's". Try to get past the temptation to rub noses in the dirt. This Jet team has surprised the entire NFL and I would safely say, most of the Jets Nation. Who amongst us predicted 10 wins? Outside of a handful, I'd be tempted to call most claimants liars.

Fact is, we're on perhaps the most improbable ride any Jet Fan in 2006 could have envisioned. We're in the playoffs and for once, we kicked down the front door to get there.

Now is not the time to become smug. Now isn't the time to rub faces in the dirt with endless " I told you so's " and such. It's time for all Jet Skeptics to come home. It's time for all Jet Acolytes to accept those that doubted as well.

I had this team penciled in at 6-10 tops. I was wrong. I hoped for Chad to play 16 games. He did it. I hoped for this defense to come together and they did that as well. Was I wrong? Yeah. Does it matter now? NO!

What matters now and going forward is this one simple fact. This team is in good hands upfront in the FO and CS. What's important now is supporting this team be you Sunshiner or Darksider. Titles and descriptions don't matter any more.

The only description that matter today and going forward is this:

" I'm a Jet Fan and damn proud of it"

Enjoy the ride people!

Cman

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Amen.

It's been one helluva season. And it ain't over yet! If we happen to loose Sunday, sure, I'll be sad. But then I'll get over it and think, damn, the Jets were 10-6 this season and made the playoffs! This was something NO ONE expected. We earned everything we got.

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

3. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

been a jets fan for 11 years, live in tampa, gone to every away game in miami and tri state area (atlanta,tenn,florida) I love my Jets, will fall on sword for my team, this has been a season this team has exceeded my expectations, I would be happy if they tried there best and lost, but screw my patriot neighbor, kick there sweatshirt wearing donkey ass, go jets!!!!

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

The JETS can do this. 3 wins away, roll over the pats!

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If they go into Foxboro and beat one of the best postseason teams in NFL history this Sunday, then they can make it to Miami.

6. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

One game at a time mi amigo

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:rofl: i want to see kraft rip up the field again......:wink:

8. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

It's a good time to be a fan, enjoy the moment, the excitement, the few the proud the green!!!

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Oh Helllz Yeah!

[​IMG]

10. YOTC

YOTC Guest

Go the jets. From down under. ;)

11. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

If we win on Sunday I hope we celebrate on their field. If we lose I hope Mangini gives BB a smile and says something in the lines as Don't worry were coming back for you next year and still see us celebrate on their field just to rattle them up.

12. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

^^ what the hell

13. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Spambots ahoy?

Edit: Or just a deformed poster from hell?

14. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

No way a spam bot gets through with User Email Validation turned on.

15. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Forgot the Super Bowl is in Miami, it'll be another home game for us should we get that far.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Truthfully, I wasn't shocked the Jets went 10-6 this year. I thought with a little luck they could go 10-6 and even 11-5. It's been done before.

Remember, this was a 10-6 team that probably should have been 11-5 or 12-4 in 2004. They got decimated by injuries in 2005.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Things change quickly. We thought Chad's career was over. Our best player in 2004 (Martin) was gone. Our offensive line was worse. Our only real pass rusher was gone. We were learning a brand new defense which our best defensive player didn't fit in. And statistically, we performed about the way I thought we would. We were 18th in points scored, 25th in yards. We were 6th in points allowed, but 20th in yards allowed. That's about where I figured we would be yardage-wise at the end of the season if we stayed healthy. The difference is, instead of winning 5-6 games, we won 10.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks CMan, good post.

Lets Roll! :beer:

19. jetsfaninnc

jetsfaninnc New Member

Been watching this team since they wore blue and gold in 1960. IMO, this year was one of the top three seasons in the team's history what with our original expectations, developments and growth during the season (especially after the off week in mid-season) and the anticipation of what the future has in store.

"I'M A JETS FAN AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!"

It's a whole lot better than "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" (Howard Beale, Network 1976)

Great post Cman

20. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Agreed..........