Zach Wilson Signs….

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 28, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Hadn't he retired before KC persuaded him to sign with them?

He only seemed to play well against us anyway lol

3. K'OB

REVISion and Falco21 like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I don't want him to play any more than I wanted Josh McCown to. I want a guy who's willing to be a coach/mentor, especially given the loss we had in our coaching team, who can step in in a pinch and manage a game.

6. K'OB

Well I am not arsed about a guy stepping in and managing a game in a pinch next season, it is a season set for development, if Wilson is buggered for any length of time the season is a right off ( i know we have other rookies but QB is where we need to nail or we will stall, again.)

Maybe when we are ready to challenge a guy capable of stepping in is required, as then a win will be way more important.

As for the mentor role, it only works for some people, with the way Wilson is borderline autistic/ocd I am not sure a mentor would be best but I am no psychologist lol

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone can watch this and not feel that Zach is THE QB we've been looking for all this time. I will be SHOCKED if he doesn't succeed. Does that mean he's going to start right out having great games, winning every time? Hell no! He's going to make mistakes, but listening to him dissect the mistake he made throwing over the middle into a crowd, he absolutely knew what was going on, what he was thinking, what to do next time. That's the mark of a great player - in any sport.

I'm glad he's in camp and focused on becoming the best he can be.

#328 ColoradoContrails, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    coloradojet and Noam like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The great part about this interview is watching him respond so quickly to questions and with intelligent answers. Thought out answers that come naturally.

I'm excited for this kid

10. ColoradoContrails

Agreed. The only lag between the question posed and his answer, is short, and then an intelligent response is given. And a response not filled with empty phrases and platitudes, but actual, thoughtful, on point answers. It bodes well for him being able to handle the chaos of the action and make sound decisions.

NCJetsfan and Falco21 like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean if he had a bad day, he had a bad day. That's what they wrote. It doesn't seem slanted based on other reports, nor is it anything at all to worry about.

I also wouldn't really call Jet-X the "media." They're bigger than what was probably intended but it's still a fan site. People are crazy if they don't think they're rooting for our guys...

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Falco21

Do I find it necessary to write an article headlined "Wilson Struggles Mightily" on his first day of training camp after taking a red eye flight following two days of not practicing with the rest of the team, no. And frankly, it's fuckin ridiculous to write one like that.

Noam, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  14. K'OB

It is a headline that is there to feed the vultures, the doom and gloomers will have been overjoyed at it.

Noam, regan62072 and cval like this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I listened to Steve Young's interview earlier. Interesting perspective as always on a couple of things.

1) Looks like interview was conducted before Zach signed. He confirmed the problem was only with the offsets, and while it was standard, Jags waived for TL, and Jets should have for Zach. Seemed quote upset with this and called it a "Jets thing to do" as a slander. Interviewers then asked about offsets, and he claimed that makes the contract fully guaranteed. Not sure if he knows the contract is still in fact fully guaranteed or he just simplified it for these guys, and also that his own 49ers did identical thing to Lance, but he didn't seem none too pleased, with his SOJ comment.

2) While I personally was already very worried about Zach's development without Knapp, I am even more worried now after listening to Young. He was basically saying Zach's dad was cool with him going to the Jets largely because of Knapper, whom Steve would trust his own son with. Talked about no substitute for Knapp's experience with HOF QBs, like Manning, himself, and others. Basically said Jets won't be able to replace him, particularly at this time this year. Said it's a bad news all around, meaning not only passing of a great man, but ability to get a comparable coaching replacement for Zach and the Jets.

2:25

Noam likes this.
  16. K'OB

Are we going to have Steve Young talk us through all aspects of ZW for the next 10 years, that really will be a drag if so, the man is already chatting way too much.

BonScott and regan62072 like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Steve Young is like an uncle to Zach and so is going to be VERY protective. Yes, it's not a good thing that Knapp died, but it's not like Wilson is going to fold up. I'm not worried.

regan62072 likes this.
  18. Ralebird

But you would have been perfectly fine if the headline read "Wilson Wows in Premier Practice," I'll bet.

It is what it is, everybody knows (and every writer noted) it was his first practice; he was also crap for a couple of hours. These guys all did their jobs, reporting on what they saw - Wilson being crap for a couple of hours. They are reporters, not cheerleaders or PR people. It would be truly ridiculous for them to write anything else because it would have been false.

Jonathan_Vilma and abyzmul like this.
  19. Falco21

Disagree. Any article written praising him or bashing him right now is ridiculous and premature, to say the least.

regan62072 and cval like this.
  20. Ralebird

That's because you choose to see it as "praising" and "bashing" rather than what it is - reporting. It is neither ridiculous nor premature; it is realistic and timely.

Noam likes this.