Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Hello no. And Fields is not dropping out of top 4. Hopefully Atlanta keeps the pick.

REVISion and barfolomew like this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Oh so this time we won’t be laughing.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not this time.

legler82 likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i don't think ATL takes a QB. they have probably a 2-3 year window with ryan and julio still plus riddley. getting an impact player now is more likely. carolina at 8 and den at 9 are the 2 most likely to take QBs after the top 3 picks. I could see fields in carolina and lance in denver. unless the pats try to slide up

5. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I am not too concerned about a player struggling in one game but I really liked all his throws today. He alleviated some concerns I had with regarding quickness to throw the ball. He showed he is a legit talent. He has some work to do but he is worthy of the 2nd overall.

Brook! likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

On a totally separate note, watching NFL Network for both Alabama and OSU, they only highlight the attendance of two, at most three NFL teams and completely dismiss the rest as if they don’t matter. In Alabama it was all about SF and good old BB. Urban Meyers was of course the top focus at Ohio State. Tried to look at the body work from the Jets brass and couldn’t hardly find them.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Most of those who prefer Wilson (I'm in that camp) haven't said "Fields Is so much more flawed than Wilson". I think they're pretty close, although they have different styles/strengths.

I like Wilson's passing better. He just seems smoother, quicker, more consistently accurate. Not that Fields is especially inaccurate, in fact he is accurate and I do think he's a good passer, I just don't think he's quite as good as Wilson.

OTOH, Fields has a physical edge over Wilson - he can probably take more of a pounding that Wilson. That said, Zach is very elusive and seems to be able to dodge contact. Fields can probably dodge contact better than he's done, but he doesn't shy away from it - this is something he's going to have to learn to do.

I think they're both super competitive, hate to lose, guys. Wilson's commitment and ability to study opponents tendencies and apply them in games is really impressive. Fields rising to the occasion and beating Lawrence head to head is very defining - I'd almost take him off that one game alone. But I'm going to give the nod to Wilson because of his ability to dissect defenses - being able to do this vs. Coastal Carolina with only 2 days advance notice just blows my mind.

So, high level synopsis: Passing: Wilson; Physicality: Fields. And the ability to break down defenses: Wilson.

Brook!, NCJetsfan, twown and 4 others like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You know damn well Fields told the coaches he wanted to make that throw.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I was on the Allen train for sure and knew Rosen was a bum.
    There were a lot of us who liked Allen on this board. We were often too drown out by those regurgitating baseless Hackenberg comparisons though lol.
    It still baffles me how so many people were passionate about Allen being a terrible prospect.

the dude has special attributes and has not even come close to the ceiling of his potential yet.

all that said, Lance has certain characteristics that remind me of Allen, and is probably the best “surprise” prospect this year.
    if Lance goes to SF as I think he will, I think he becomes the most successful QB of this draft.

boozer32 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I will preface this by saying I do not consider myself an expert on college football prospects. I really didn't even start watching college football until 2 years ago when I started betting on it.

I didn't see Wilson play live this year. I did see about 4 games of Fields. I liked what I saw from Fields, even in the national championship game. Then I started watching some Wilson tape. He looked very good too and I was definitely impressed. I watched both pro days and I thought both looked good. I did like Wilson's release a bit more but as I said in the beginning, I really don't know squat.

So here I sit with the opinion that I could be very happy with either one (I don't want Jones). I want the one JD wants. No offense to anyone here but I trust him more than any poster on this board. I could easily proclaim one is better than the other and have a 50/50 shot that I look like a genius. I get that some have very strong opinions but if they really knew that much they'd have a job in the NFL and not here arguing relentlessly over which pick is better. I'm going to put my faith in the paid professional and pray he's right

One last bit. I was very worried that once Handjob Watson was off the table that there would be nothing to argue about. My fears have been alleviated!

11. legler82

The chip is growing.

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. While it was a great throw, it didn't wow me. Plus Sam made the same throw against SF in a live game!

Borat likes this.
  13. legler82

That’s what competitors do.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

49ers for sure.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You clearly haven't watched much film of Justin Fields. You're just regurgitating things, essentially throwing shit at the wall In hopes something sticks.

I appreciate you as a poster but I've watched way too much of this kid to act like you make sense with your assessment.

I honestly don't think you've watched much on Fields.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would be totally on board if we selected him. The separation amongst the top candidates is mostly driven by the subjectivity and experience of the reviewers. I think the likelihood of the top 4 succeeding in the NFL is probably close and driven far more by the team they go to and the strength of roster and CS, than the capabilities of the QB itself.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The usual banal questions

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

..and yet everyone has been all over Zach Wilson's throw. Very similar throw, but, it's so amazing because Wilson did it.

Good times.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Byron Leftwich stood in the pocket at Marshall without moving and threw the ball 30 times a game from the same landing spot. He did not run. He did not escape the pocket. He had poor touch on his throws and always threw fucking rockets. His problem was his accuracy.

He ran a 5.1 40 yard dash and stood 6'5" 245 pounds. He went to a G5 school.

Please stand by your assessment and tell me how their play style was similar without using scouting website cliches like "they both don't see the field well."

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe he said that in jest.