Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Kotite's Revenge

Jets should pray Fields goes off for his pro day. Absolutely lights it up. I certainly hope he does.

Then, I’m looking at you Carolina... you control your QB destiny. You want Wilson or Fields, come and get ‘em. JD will take in a massive haul and make this team dominant...

7 selections in first 3 rounds this year: 8, 23, 34, 39, 66, 73, 86

Get additional 1’s in 22 and 22 + more.

After those 3 rounds, this year, we could have 2 IOL, Edge, 2 CBs, WR and RB. All in the first 3 rounds, impact players.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What Steve Young was saying about ZW back in January. Also interesting what he said the 9ers thought about him.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And who is our QB? Sam? No thanks.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Rams dump Goff, Titans Dump Mariotta, Bucks dump Winston, Bears dump Trubinsky, Eagles dump Wentz. You know what all these QB's have in common? They are better than Sam, yet we have all this talk about keeping him.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I’m confidence Fields will light it up at his pro day. There’s no setting more ideal to showcase his rare combination of arm talent & athleticism.

The only thing I’m uncertain of is whether or not he will have his own personal hype man in the booth like Daniel Jeremiah rubbing one off & letting us know about it after every throw. Maybe NFLN should have Bucky Brooks do the color for that one since he’s one of the few Fields fans left in the draft media.

6. legler82

Sam will continue to struggle until he fixes his footwork regardless of system.

7. Kotite's Revenge

What are the Jets winning this year? Please tell me...
    They are in the 4th inning of this rebuild.

So, you want to hope this QB can break the streak of top 5 selected QBs to not flame out. Please tell me WHY recently selected QB, selected top 5, are not FQB?

The Goff, Wentz, Darnold, Mariota, Winston, Baker (not a FQB, and good luck to the Browns after having to pay him FQB money) experiments didn’t work.

BECAUSE, either the QB sucked or the team that drafted them sucked (you pick in the top 5, generally you suck) or both team and QB suck.

Absolutely it would be fantastic if JD could make a proper QB decision and get the right guy BUT is this team, right now in position to position the QB for success?

I know the QB class is down next year... supposedly. I just read an article from Albert Breer regarding John Beck, Zach’s private QB coach. Beck was recounting how amazing the last year has been since Wilson went into this in a QB competition. Please think about that...
    The potential 2nd pick in the NFL draft wasn’t the written in ink QB starter at BYU.

I like Wilson, but I also like a shitload of picks. Especially with JD making those selections. If Mac was making these picks, I’d want to roll the dice on a FQB.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’m really trying to sike myself up for Justin Fields but it’s not working. Seemingly takes forever to go through his reads, some questionable decisions and the Ohio State offensive system has produced exactly 0 competent NFL quarterbacks. And that’s not to say I think Wilson is a far better prospect, I’m just saying I have this feeling that we are going to end up with Fields. I don’t think San Francisco moved up to take either of Jones or Fields, neither of them are worth giving up draft capital for. But with the way Wilson has been revered by pretty much everyone on the pro level, something tells me they got word that he will be there at three.

I mean, I would rather draft Fields at two than a fucking right tackle so at the very least I will always be able to say “well at least we didn’t do that“.

#88 BroadwayAaron, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the thing I don't get... There is another team that needs a QB even more than Carolina. The one that literally had THE WORST season from the position in NFL, and bottom 3 last few years. The one that hasn't had a franchise QB for about 50 years and already missed out on Watson and Mahomes coming off the worst QB season in NFL before. No, it's the Jets that control their own QB destiny now, not Carolina. Run to the podium and pick your FQB when #2 is called and forget about Carolina and anyone else.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Joe Burrow was a 6th round pick before his season at LSU and was the first overall pick. That's a terrible example.

You keep swinging at QBs until you find the one. They are loaded with picks at 23, 34, 66, etc.. They have 2 1's next year and plenty of money again. They can add talent to this roster while grooming the young QB.

11. legler82

Around this time in 2018 & up until draft day the draft media had the Browns picking Sam Darnold. Sam thought so too as he even wore a brown tie.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ohio State has has three+ difference offensive systems over the past two decades. Tons of schools haven't produced good quarterbacks before the first one pops out. Texas Tech, Clemson before Mahomes and Watson?

What questionable decisions? He's thrown 67 touchdowns to 9 interceptions in his career, while losing 5 fumbles.

IIMeanDeanII and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's not exactly up to them, is it? They are at the mercy of the Jets, and I just don't see how they got the word Jets want Fields with all 3 of Jets reps arriving to Utah to watch Wilson. I suspect that they pulled the trigger when they saw Zach's measurements. At that point he solidified himself as the top 3. There is another guy at top 3 they must like, presumably Fields with small possibility of Mac, or they would not be giving three 1st rounders, including #12, plus a 3d to get him. Imagine, they only want Wilson, and Jets, who are literally all there in Utah watching Zach, as 49ers pull the trigger, pick Zach. You can't take this kind of gamble.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True, or the Jets could be taking Fields. They're definitely taking a QB. If not, JD would have traded down.

Another possibility, although I don't see the point, is that SF is going to take Lance, or they're already convinced on Fields, and are just doing due diligence with Jones to make sure that they should rule him out.

15. BroadwayAaron

I think you know just as well as I do that "questionable decisions" doesn't always equate to an interception. A bad incompletion, a nearly picked ball, etc. won't show up in any stat sheet but they show up on tape. It's much more to me about his ability to process the field. Like I said, it seemingly takes FOREVER for him to read the field. You rarely see anticipation. In an offense that involves a lot of timing throws, he doesn't seem like the best fit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Well the story since Friday has been that the Eagles and Niners tipped OUR hand but everyone is just assuming that meant we are taking Wilson. I personally can't fathom a team moving up for Fields so that leads me to believe they got wind that Wilson will be there.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You know I like ZW but Jeremiah was pathetic. I don't want a fan boi in the booth I would actually like some good unbiased commentary.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't care which one we draft but please don't throw him to the wolves on the opening day of the season, let's finally learn some lessons and maybe it is time to sit a good QB until he is actually ready to do his job or we are ready to help him do his job.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What if the plan is to draft Lance and sit him behind Sam for the season/most of the season?

49ers may have also wanted Lance so we didn't trade with them, they then have gone to three to secure the next in line instead.

So many variables that we can just go around and around until draft night lol

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What you are saying is that Jets are the only team that is willing to take Fields at #2. 9ers can't know that yet. I know Mac got a wind that that Giants are taking Barkley in advance, but this is different now. Barkley was playing a different position. Here Jets will be taking a QB, and all 3 came all the way to Utah to see Zach, who impressed throwing and measured well. I don't know whom Jets will pick, but they are definitely interested in Zach, this much is beyond doubt. 9ers can't assume Fields is that pick, they just can't. I don't think there is a wind anywhere that they are picking Fields at this point.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.