Good Article On Jets Not Panicking About The Offensive Line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 25, 2021.

1. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Yes, Verrett has played really well whenever he’s been healthy. Going into the offseason with as much cap space as we had, Douglas should have done more to improve the weakest parts of the team. That’s not looking filling every hole possible in free agency. The idea that we should just give starting positions to guys that haven’t been drafted yet or guys that have done nothing to earn a starting job is a losing strategy.

you don’t need to agree with me, but I think it’s clear Douglas missed some opportunities to improve the team through free agency. He could have still drafted guys to build the team around, but as it stands, he’s going to to draft need over BPA more than once this draft. That’s not how you build through the draft. He hasn’t done a good job in free agency as our gm. He just hasn’t signed any terrible contracts. That’s a pretty low base line for success.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's been healthy for one season dude. Four years prior to the start of last year.

But OK - you got the last word on the whole scenario.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We still haven't officially met Mims yet. If Mims has a breakout year then our WR core will do some damage. Davis is good but he's shown he isn't a #1. When Tennessee drafted Brown and he moved over to 2 he really started to come into his own. If Mims shows up big this year it will create the same situation for Davis. Or maybe he has grown into a #1? There are some questions to be answered this season.

PJ4Ever and barfolomew like this.
  4. If they all fall into place it wont matter the pecking order.This is no longer a subpar unit.Everyone stays healthy talent wise this could be a top 20 dare i say top 15 WR corps.

Still would love to add more speed & perhaps another basketball type.

Jaemon Darden-Notth Texas U for speed/agility as another slot option to replace Berrios & eventuallly Crowder

Jonathan Adams Jr Ark St Contested ball freak w some wiggle after the catch incl in short areas.Not the quickest feet & doesnt always separate.Doesnt even matter,he wins every ball his way.Pure basketball on turf. Adding him to go along w Mims is a frightening proposition. I think Theyll like him bc hes physical & is also a dominating blocker on outside on all 3 levels

ouchy likes this.