Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Wilson hype is still bizarre to me. Was no one watching his games all season? He's went from a fringe first rounder to being compared to Mahomes and Rodgers by 'experts' like Daniel Jeremiah.

He doesn't remind me of Blake Bortles but his sudden rise does.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're totally discounting his It Factor. SMH. This board is full of amateurs.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

He does wear a cool head band with a nifty saying because no one wanted to play big bad BYU this year.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bro is going to be rocking a Jets headband soon bro.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're free to trust or like whomever you want. I just pointed out that he wasn't equitable in the way that he compared Lawrence and Wilson. That's totally valid. I didn't say that Wilson was perfect or that he didn't have flaws or things that he needs to work on. I've pointed those out before.

Sorry that you took it so personally and chose to react so sarcastically.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a Sportsnaut article that cites Jonathan_Vilma but couldn't find any! ;)

7. Jonathan_Vilma

I would never give them my government name. Inside source brooooo.

Pepsiguy5 and Footballgod214 like this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

:D

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

For godsake man I just said I didn't like it, right there in the last paragraph of the post you quoted.
    So you blatantly didn't read that post before quoting it back.

Ps all the profanity I want = one fuck, one lol

10. K'OB

Your post in the first reply to me was irrelevant to what I had said, I explsined why in the following posts.
    I didn't say all of your posts were.

Also the pair of you have turned a simple reply stating one reason to keep Sam into a mega back and forth of misunderstanding, bad comprehension and over complication and I am not even sure why as it was a fairly simple example, I dare to say for a third time, not one I actually like or want, seeing as the rest of your post seems to imply that I may actually want Sam to stay.
    As already explained it boils down to one poster saying 'there is NO reason, not one, to keep Sam.'

And I supplied one example to do so.

That is it, all of this for that simple statement, quite unbelievable tbh.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't even get this far... After the guy said he didn't have Deshaun Watson in the first round (!!!) and his breakdown of Wilson I stopped. I am glad I did. Fields and Jones are second round? Wow. Here I am worried about Jones lasting 'till 15 since I don't want him to go to Pats, and he says not a first round talent? Lance 3d round? I know the guy is raw, but 3d round is way too low. The guy is all over the place. Giants haven't really needed a QB until they reached for Jones at #6 recently, since Manning who was consensus #1 decades ago. If this guys is their QB scout, they were VERY fortunate to have Manning all these years. Kurt, seriously, you need to pick someone better to make point.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Everything being said about Wilson now WAS also said about Darnold three years ago, and now Darnold is supposedly public enemy number 1. IF the jets take Wilson at #2, I hope he succeeds. But, my God, Wilson has had only 1 good, if not great, year in college (like Mark Sanchez). Can we ease off a little bit on the "Zach Wilson and Chris Simms on Mount Rushmore" talk, please?

Pepsiguy5, papapump, Trainer and 3 others like this.
  13. It started off as “well TL is off the table..lets look at these other prospects..Wilson is intriguing”.

To suddenly this guy being the next Mahomes,Allen & Tarkenton in one & you cant voice a discouraging word w.o being shot down within seconds. Its absolutely outlandish.

People go crazy over these PFF metrics little realizing that every single yr they inflate prospect stock w these supposed record breaking earth shattering numbers..if they are so jaw dropping why the seasonal hyperbole??Why every year does some guy get elevated for off the charts fodder????

Its all a big hype train.If the metrics dont create buzz theyll create ones that do..

Im sorry.The past few yrs the pre draft narrative has become more & more offputting media driven crap.People consume it & insult anyone that doesnt.

“what does this expert say” vs “what does this expert say”?

Anyone who takes evals seriously cares very little what these experts think..yet its become a pissing match of which “expert” to align one self w.

Pepsiguy5, papapump, Trainer and 3 others like this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better!

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Don't discount the fact that anyone who makes a video on the internet could be the next Ozzie Newsome.

tomdeb and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. K'OB

Tender Mercies.

17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I don't have a great gut feeling about Wilson. I could be wrong, and I have been many times before. But watching his film, I see a guy whose ceiling is maybe about Phillip Rivers, maybe a little better; that is, he won't be a bust or a journeyman, but he'll likely only be good enough to keep the team competent most years, he'll have one or two great years, but without ever being able to deliver a Super Bowl win. In other words, I'm not salivating over him, and I'm not sure about whether or not just to stick with Sam and give him one last chance.

tomdeb and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

So his ceiling is an NFL player that should be in the Hall of Fame?

Those Chargers teams were snakebitten and couldn't stay healthy.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  19. Good call. The last guy to rise this much in a short time frame w literally no new info being presented was indeed Bortles.

Beyond just not being all that enamored w his arm talent/physical package,the biggest concern at this stage is hes being billed as something he simply is not.

The one’s pumping him up as being this supreme alpha on a Mahomes level will be the same ones calling for his head when he proves to not be that guy or even that same style QB. Its not fair to him or any prospect to be elevated on a macro level like this.

BrooklynJetsFan and tomdeb like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I mean if his ceiling is Rivers, sign me up. I'll take my chances with that comparison. In terms of play style he reminds me the most of Sam Bradford with some better off-platform throwing. Bradford was one of those guys that thought every throw was a touch throw and didn't really wind it up when he needed to (even though he probably had a stronger arm than he ever showcased).

Same sort of compact flicking throwing motion and fragile build that lead to injuries. Wilson can definitely throw the ball far, but is he going to be able to thread the needle without putting air under the ball in the 13-25 yard range and outside the numbers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.