Biggest play of last nights game...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KJet84, Dec 26, 2006.

1. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Other than leons run, was Bryan Thomas' sack on Cleo Lemon down by our goalline..he stayed on the QB and made sure he took him for a loss which set up the fins for 3rd and long..they almost made the 3rd and long but we held them to a field goal. That to me was the biggest defensive play because if miami had scored a TD, we wouldve also had to score a TD with 2 minutes left instead of a field goal.

I thought our linebackers played very well yesterday as well...Thomas and Hobson had some big plays as well as a sack each. Barton had a halfsack and Vilma had 9 tackles. Weve been waiting for Vilma to play like that all year. I thought he was all over the ball and had some really big hits on the running back. :finssuck:

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

It was great to see Vilma lay a big stick on the Fins RB and then woof to their sideline after Coles took that cheap shot from Thomas.

TBTF

3. John127

John127 New Member

Other than the obvious run by Leon, the biggest play might have been McCareins breaking up the INT. It was a huge play.

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Leon Boom Boom washington's run won the game end of story.

5. pollaxt

pollaxt New Member

CP's completion to Brad Smith on 3rd and long, eventually leading to the lone Jet's TD.

6. steviep

steviep Active Member

Miami kicking the FG instead of going on 4th and 1.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Very surprising move, Miami is 6-8 what do they have to lose? Saban has no balls as an NFL head coach as far as I've seen from him.....

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You beat me to the punch, aside from the LW dump-off pass at the end, this was a HUGE play by a matter of inches......

9. KJet84

KJet84 Member

yeah i agree...for a team out of the playoffs, i was very surprised to see saban not go for the throat.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

For me iy was Wallace Wrights incredible quick thinking on keeping the ball out of the endzone to pin them on the 1 yrd line. After that , it seemed to spur us on.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

There were a ton of big plays last night. The one that won't get much talk was McCareins breaking up the INT.

12. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Watch that replay again...the ball slipped right through Lehans hands and was bouncing out..mcCareins hit him in the HEAD after the ball was dropped but people keep saying he hit the guys arms forcing the ball out. That was a mistake by the phins, not a great play by the jets.

13. John127

John127 New Member

But he was there on top of the guy. You have to figure it had an impact. Only the two of them know for sure though, obviously.

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Easy. The biggest play was Leon's run.

15. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Leon's run, followed by the TD pass to Cotchery, followed by the 3rd down pass to Smith. D did well too but let Lemon look a bit better then they. JMac had some key plays too, nice catch, getting an interference call on a bad pass, and actually coming back to break up an interception.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Ive been having the same argument with a couple guys at work today. I agree with you

17. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Though it is a bit harder to catch the ball when you're getting slapped upside the head :)