2020 NFL Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 6, 2020.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

double post - oops.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Must win

Brook! likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good post. You make some good points.

People make all these predictions every year, then 2-3 weeks in, everything is different. Somehow people never learn.

Brook!, Bills over Jets and ouchy like this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Feels like a letdown game to me

5. Marc Kryjewski

Marc Kryjewski New Member

Have you looked at the depth in key positions such as offensive line, defensive line, secondary and WR the Bills have.

While the Jets have literally nothing behind the starting defensive line, a horrid situation at corner, no NFL caliber outside receivers and two old running backs and a rookie and a decent tight end.

Please tell me how the Jets are gonna cover their obvious deficiencies

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see this game. Yes the Bills have a better roster, got a new super toy at WR, and many have already anointed them as the division winner. On the other hand the perception is the Jets have no weapons and a porous secondary. I think they are somehow underestimating the Jets and possibly over estimating the Bills some. Tough game yes, but we are not facing the Chiefs or NO or TB. If you stop the run, push the pocket defensively and keep Josh Allen from running this might be a closer game than people might think.. Hard to predict anything and the Jets have so many new players they might stumble early on. Then again, if Allen doesn't step up his passing accuracy, or we keep him off the field by running the shit out of the ball this might be an interesting match up. I have full confidence Williams will have a good defense in place. The offense is wait and see, as they are a totally different team than last year. I say run and give them a heavy dose of double TE to loosen up their D.

#66 LAJet, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Brook!, chandler and foreboding like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wish our Jets didn't suck because it would be nice to shut those bills fans up. oh well :(

Brook! and foreboding like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Your QB sucks - that’s how. If you make him beat you with his arm, the Bills won’t score many points. Like I said earlier - stop the run and don’t let Allen beat you with his legs to move the chains and you are in for a rude awakening.

He’s only relevant because he puts up gaudy fantasy numbers with his legs and that’s all people see. OMG!! Allen is a top 5 fantasy football QB.. it must translate to him actually being a good QB.

Brook!, Big Cat, FlaJet and 1 other person like this.
  9. Marc Kryjewski

Marc Kryjewski New Member

Please tell me how the Bills are in for a rude awakening. Are the Jets sending the Kansas City Chiefs their plane tickets for their charter flight. Or maybe you simply start your 2nd team offense and defense since they bitch slapped your sorry ass starters in your puke green scrimmage game.

Your best hope is when the score gets beyond your offenses ability to catch up, maybe 7 or 10 to nothing, Gase will pull Sam before he starts seeing ghosts or is farted off the field broken and battered courtesy of 1200 lbs of bills linemen driving him to the turf.

BTW, saw your depth chart and noticed Chris Hogan is posed as a starting WR, omg that’s so 2017. Is Brashad Perriman still gimping like a race horse with a broken leg that should be put out of his misery?

Has your boy Bell able to beat Frank Gore in a race to the AARP office in New Jersey?

Very concerned about the middle of the defense combo of Adams and Mosley causing disruption with our offense, oh yeah, Adams is in Seattle for two bags of magic beans and a safety to be toasted on Sunday, and Mosley, took one look at that pending shit show and decided to sit the season out, hows that 85 million dollar deal looking now, lol.

Looking forward to about 4:15 PM on Sunday listening to the Bills fight song playing celebrating the ass whipping and for the Jets the only sound you’ll hear is Roger Godell on the phone saying “The New York Jets are on the clock”

Cant wait to read your comeback from this pregame smack.

snamsnoops and foreboding like this.
  10. foreboding

foreboding Member

It is a division game and let's be honest, anything CAN happen. I still remember the blowout a few years ago, Bills were favored and Sanchez and Co crushed us.
    However, this Bills team does not lose many games in dumb fashion. But we seem to keep most games close, which means a Gregg Williams opportunistic defense could make something happen in an opener that is going to be weird. To say the least. We all know defense starts the season better than offense.

I think the Bills running game might be the difference. Singletary and Moss are going to be a load and expect a heavy dose. You guys did go 6-2 down the stretch, granted the win against us was meaningless, but the Jets held it together last year and that is not to be discounted.

Regarding Miami. I think Fitzy always gives you a chance (as we all know) especially earlier in the season before the arm goes noodle on him. I also think the Phins did better than expected because they have a solid coach and defense. I hate the fact NE has a shiny Cam Newton who seems to be doing all the right things...

Either way, aren't we glad we have football and we can come on one another boards and talk some smack!

Bills 23 - Jets 13

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I want I want..[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  12. dawinner127

Keep deflecting about the fact that your quarterback sucks ass. Your team is loaded and is completely hindered by the guy behind center. You know it. Your coach knows it. Everyone knows. Wake up.

Hopefully you don't vanish from this board like the rest of your pathetic fanbase after they come here for a week of trash talk to never be seen again.

[​IMG]

#72 dawinner127, Sep 8, 2020
  13. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

This is just silly. Any Bills fan who thinks Darnold isnt good, just hasnt paid attention and doesn't know what they are talking about. Any Jets fan who thinks Allen is trash hasnt paid attention and is just being a homer. This particluar debate has legs because Bills fans want their guy to be the better guy, and Jets fans dont want to admit they picked the wrong guy. People dont have the ability to admit they are wrong. Some people who dislike Allen haven't even bothered to change their argument from what it was 3 yrs ago when he was drafted even though its no longer relevant. IMO, both dudes can ball and both should keep improving. Realistically however, Allen could throw for top 10 stats and Jets fans would still find a way to explain it off as its not him but his WRs carrying him- and thats ok. Some Bills fans take it personally, BUT they shouldnt for the reasons listed above. Neither qbs story is written and both are still on the rise. Whoever wins sunday will be able to attribute part of that to their qb rising to the occasion and imo its silly for either fan base to think otherwisr. Itll be a weird year for sure. Everyone is optimistic before week 1. Sometimes its the happiest time of the year. Enjoy!!

#73 Billsfan1212, Sep 8, 2020
    snamsnoops likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Jets win!!

just a hunch. As others have said key to success is making Allen throw.

On the flip side same is true in reverse. If we have to throw a lot we lose

LAJet likes this.
  16. dawinner127

Allen has been propped up like he's the golden child because he puts up gaudy fantasy numbers. That's the issue. He hasn't been better than Sam has considering the hands both have been dealt. The sole reason people look at Allen and say he is better is because of his fantasy numbers. People need to look at more than 25 passing yards per point...

Brook! likes this.
  17. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Respectfully, you sound like you are kinda mad bc you think Allen has gotten more love than Sam. Id argue, outside of chris simms, CC, adam schein and bills mafia- most people are still kinda negative on him. Making the nfl top 100 players helped, but as mentioned very few people are open to what happens w o wrapping their preconceptions up in their inability to be incorrect....Your post reminds me of similar posts from bills fans who think lamar is just a flash in the pan, can be solved, and once his running is stopped he cant throw. Maybe they are jealous the bills didnt take lamar but they just cant see he proved himself a few times last year as did josh as did sam. Maybe its more a bills jets rival thing. Im not sure. I just know its more fun to watch these kids play and be excited about it rather than being jealous or right.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If the point is to win games, then Allen has been better than Darnold. Perhaps Sam can close the gap but not with this motley crew of WR's he has to throw to this year although they are better than what he was working with last year.

We will find out if our OL renovation was worth the cash or not too and I hope for Sam's sake that it was. I don't think the Jets can instantly turn things around this season but I do hope they're headed in the right direction. We'll find out one way or the other in 2020..

LAJet likes this.
  19. dawinner127

I didn't know wins were how you measure if a QB is better than one another. I guess every QB who has won a Lombardi Trophy is better than Marino...

20. dawinner127

Not mad. I just think the love affair for Allen is way more than it should be at this point. He hasn't done much with being dealt such a great hand. For the third time in this thread, your team is loaded from top to bottom but it isn't winning because of Allen's play. He is being touted as the 2nd best QB in that class solely based on his fantasy numbers because that is what the average person reads and hears. Anyone who dives deeper knows that just isn't the case.