Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I've reached the point where the only money I'll spend on the jets will be to donate to the go fund me to fly planes and put billboards up ridiculing the jets.

I am sick and tired of this team being dog shit, ruining a young QB, and hiring a retread HC who has shown absolutely nothing to deserve a position here. Christopher Johnson is not going to fire Gase, will wait too long, ruin Sam beyond repair and lose season ticket holders while simultaneously making metlife into an away stadium

Congrats CJ, you made the jets reach a point of ineptitude that no one else could even replicate or reach.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

while it doesn't excuse the play, it may be the case none of the Jets knew what happened because the ball was behind them and they were focused on what was in front of them; in contrast most of the Fins saw it and came charging

may have been Darnold's fault; may have been Winters' fault. Don't know. Winters mouthed off but that also could be because he was so frustrated with being embarassed

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Chandler --yeah I get that but I am not sure which other jets actually were aware of what happened but Darnold waved at it and then watched = he saw he entire thing it also should have been a Dolphin TD

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair, Mike Maccagnan may have had an even better resume with scouting roots dating back to 1990 in this league, and he was well respected in this league as well.

General Manager's lose their minds when they come here. Hopefully Joe D doesn't lose his.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Douglas negotiated his contract to out live Gases for a reason. I have faith in Douglas if for no other reason then his philosophy seems to be the exact opposite of the previous GM’s regarding the OL.

Some may disagree, but I believe the OL is the number 1 problem that needs to be addresses. We have the worst OL in the league. We’ll never win games while that’s the case.

6. Beki

Beki Active Member

It is true.

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Plain and simple. The team looks awful. It lacks talent. Gase is a bad coach. More or less the same team from last year is playing worse. They have regressed. That's on Gase. He needs to go. It's simple. It's step one at this point in the rebuilding process.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. chandler

it was a horrible embarassing play and emblematic of the season; if it hit him in the face mask at least it would have been funny

it's darkest before the dawn

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I would feel a helluva a lot better if Gase was canned this week/this season prior to its finish.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just heard a great quote = " Jet fans screaming for Adam Gase to never be hired and now fired does not make us irrational it makes us right "

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yea that play was incredibly embarrassing. Here's the most remarkable thing.

The Dolphins safetied themselves whilst trying to take a knee!!
    and still, it wasn't the most embarrassing gaffe of the game

has there ever been an NFL game where both teams safetied themselves? and I mean in the last century. The leather helmet days don't count

HomeoftheJets and CBG like this.
  12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think we all will. After the Monday Night game with Bowles last year we wanted his head. It was bad. Difference is Bowles's teams competed. Might not have been pretty but were in position for the game to be watched in the 4th quarter. These games are unbearable. The players don't play for him. He sits by himself and looks miserable. It's awful. If my tickets don't sell for Sunday I'll be there. If Gase is the coach I am borrowing a Giants jersey and wearing that. It's that bad.

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and CBG like this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

My point was he's not beholden to Adam Gase.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. chandler

We should all see signs of growth: No butt fumble yet!!!

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so all the guys who supported Gase and blindly believed the BS that this guy was the answer = can we all agree now that this guy should have never been hired or is there still a Gase O Holich or 2 out there ?

16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

He must put on a good how during the interview, bc this guy comes across as miserable and anti-social on the sideline

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think the last time each team had been safeties was 1990 they said.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah, but did both teams safety themselves? lol

HomeoftheJets and Jets81 like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The problem is that Chris Johnson, or Woody for that matter, doesn't have even the most basic understanding of football...not the business...the actual game as it's played.

If he did, he'd see that Adam Gase's play calls and schemes make it impossible to win ball games...no matter how much or how little talent in on the field.

I didn't watch it till this morning, but the interception at the goal line was such a horrible play call...and not because it was a pass or the execution was poor.

If CJ understood just how dumb that play call was...he'd give Gase the boot pronto.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm hanging onto the very slim hope that the report of Chris Johnson standing in the hallway outside the Jets locker room with his hands on his hips and staring up at the ceiling are true, and that it indicates a "final straw" assessment of Gase on his part. Surely Johnson cannot be so clueless as to not see the obvious, that Gase is not only a bad HC, he's making our potential FQB, the best QB prospect on the Jets in decades, regress!

Only you can stop the bleeding Chris.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.