I’m done with this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I hope Van Hoy gets hit by a bus. What a turd.

mark82 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hate that guy too. I remember when Detroit traded him to NE for peanuts though, so stupid. I knew he would play well with them. Some teams are so dumb

mark82 likes this.
  3. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

You build a team through the draft and complete it with trades and free agents, they seems to do that well, prime example Sanu being the latest trade they made this morning. The difference between a well run team and a poor run team.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You're underestimating how scary ghosts really are...........BOO!

5. Al13

Al13 Member

the thing is if a QB is seeing ghosts...he is done....that can‘t be fixed

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Well that's where we will learn what Sam is made of. In his short career he has seemed to have a short term memory when it comes to this shit. He was absolutely miserable last year vs Minny, @CHI, @Miami - he came back 4 weeks later and lit the league up those final 4 weeks of the season. Hopefully he takes this in, learns from it, and gets back on track vs Jax.

7. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

The problem is, at this point there are no tracks. We are wandering aimlessly in the NFL graveyard with no pathway out.

sackexchange likes this.
  8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how a franchise can continue to redefine the term "rock bottom". After last year, did anyone think the team could actually get worse?? Well, folks they did it !!

bigbucks24 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

Darnold was not this bad though last year. I would be shocked if he bounces back strong in a short period of time.

I believe other teams are going to copy what the Patriots were doing with the disguised blitzing. Obviously, that doesn't mean they will do it as well as the Patriots did but its still going to take awhile for Darnold to get over it as its a big weakness that is now exposed.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It's copy cat league. Hopefully the next time we see it Gase puts Sam in the correct spot to beat it. They need to have a check at the line when they see cover-0, just like NE did when we came out in empty. I'm just baffled by this honestly. In Cover-0 the DBs are playing off coverage because there is literally no help behind them. The underneath routes were there all damn day when we came out in empty, but Gase kept dialing up long developing passing plays.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The problem was not that he had a mic on. The problem was that he had a mic on for a prime time game, against the Pats D with a porous OL. Sure, mic him up against Washington or Miami, or even the Jags, but against the Pats? It had disaster written all over it from the get-go and just reinforces the general perception of the organisation. The last time I remember the Jets making a PR own goal as bad was when Woody begged the league for more home prime time games, so we got to play the Pats as the late Thanksgiving game. We all know what happened. Hopefully Sam just laughs this off and rebounds. If not it will be his epitaph.

BrickcityJet likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

yeah I agree. They ran that one quick out to Anderson right after halftime but that was it. they should've been doing that more. There were a lot of useless playaction calls

13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

They mic’d him up and got exactly what they wanted. A quotable meme.

He’s a Cali kid, he’s going to be all “I got wrecked dude....” and let it roll off his shoulders.

I hope...

mute, BrowningNagle and mark82 like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

that's dumb. Only mic him up for the "easy" games. maybe they should've brought his mom down on the sideline to console him as well

Darnold's a grown man and he asked for it with his "unstoppable" comments of this week

stinkyB likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

On the bright side , they won't spoil Thanksgiving or Christmas for us this year. Nice to have the ass kicking out of the way early...

Acad23 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, The Jets don't select what players are Mic'd up for the game, NFL films selects them.
    Darnold was the obvious choice due to his mid week comments as BrowningNagle just mentioned.
    Sadly, the " I see ghost" comment is going to haunt him for a while. No pun intended.
    It could be something in his NFL films biography showing how he matured into a great NFL QB, or his obituary.

stinkyB likes this.
  17. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Well-Known Member

It is really frustrating to say the least. Try watching this franchise for 35 years. Truthfully, if you can make it this long you get into a zen place where you watch but are able to keep minimally emotionally invested through the really tragic years, and there are plenty. I was hopeful for a competitive performance last night but wow they crushed those hopes quick. It is hard to believe that the Jets are so far away from being a contender with the constant rebuilds and management/coaching/player changes. Somehow this franchise just cannot get it together. I'm starting to doubt ever seeing a championship.

And BTW this is a really minor thing but what would possess Gase to defer on the opening kickoff???? Don't you think we might want to try and score and maybe pressure the Pats a tiny bit???What makes him think the Pats aren't going to go on a long drive and put the Jets in a hole immediately? WTF?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Everyone is ALWAYS done with this team until their next two game winning streak. Then we all come back like little lambs waiting to get torn apart once again by the wolves of defeat and humiliation. We will continue to keep the football Gods amused at our gullibility. True Jets fans never go anywhere for long. We all will congregate back at the slaughter house in short order.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

A long long time from now, Jet fans of the future............

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m never drinking again.

I am not calling that crazy chick anymore

I am going to eat healthier

I’m am done with this team.

all cool stories bro’s

NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.