Jets Pursuing Michael "The Burner" Turner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

The burner is almost 240 lbs. But I am still not sure this is the best way to go considering he is a RFA

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's time to draft a RB. Turner looks great, but so did LaMont backing up Curtis.

I'd go RB round 1.

3. MattMan

MattMan New Member

hahahaha read the comments. they actually think we'd trade cotchery for turner

4. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

I'd rather draft a young RB in the first....(check my sig to see THE player I want... lol)

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sweet!!! I'd be happy with him as the feature, Houston as the short yardage and Washington as the 3rd down/change of pace/scat back

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we can get him for a 2nd it is a no brainer.. Question is can we get him for a 2nd?

7. Raddrobb

Raddrobb New Member

Turner wont help us, I say stick with Leon and give him a shot

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

I just wanna say that if Mangini, and schott think that runningback is a position that we need to upgrade, who are we to question them.

How can you look at the three back on our roster and be encouraged ?

If we go dline,oline, in round 1 then basically the thing that comes to mind is can we get a back in the second round who we think can be better then Michael turner ?

imho I don't think so.

The guy has 4.4 speed, and hes 240 lbs. I'll give up our second rounder for him in a heartbeat.

Mangini and schott knows best, i'll leave it up to them.

9. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I just hope the Chargers are willing to listen to a trade for him. I fear they just want to slap that 1st round tender on him.

I'd love to do that 2nd rounder trade for him.

10. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

I don't think there is anyway he goes for less than a 1st... For the Jets 2nd I would trade it in a heartbeat.

11. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Lol, no way we get him w/o a 1st....He's a great talent but its not like the chargers don't know that.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No way. We have a golden opportunity to make 3 great picks early on. Two picks will go on linemen D & O andthe other an
    RB

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Of course there is, he'll be tendered a 1st but a deal will be worked out for a 2nd. SD cannot keep him at a 1st rd tender salary level when they already have LT and teams know that plus w/o the skins being involved there isn't a team dumb enough to give up a 1st rd pick for him. I still think a 2nd rd pick is high but it's better thangiving up a 1 especially when we have 2 picks.

14. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I'm very sceptical about this. I'd rather just draft a RB. But I haven't really seen much of Turner. I'll watch the game this Sunday and think about it. Hopefully he'll get a few carries.

On a side note, what's with all the Dolt fans and their "Jets blow" comments? Are they still bitter about us beating them in the playoffs two years ago? :chargers:

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ive said it before and ill say it again, if we can get him for a 2nd rd pick then do it in a heartbeat.

hes big physical and amazingly fast, hence the nickname. hes not had any pounding so your getting a player who knows our system with almost no mileage on him.

in fact I pray this gets done. this way we can get a 1st rd quality back in the 2nd rd and still address OL/DE/OLB with our other 2 picks in the first two rounds.

16. Raddrobb

Raddrobb New Member

I think we can get Turner cheap, he is a benchwarmer on the chargers and only taking up cap room

17. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

The Jets would leap at the chance to get turner for a 2nd....I wouldn't even mind giving up the 1st for him,if push came to shove.Turner is better,IMO,than any back in the '07 draft other than Peterson.
    I have the Ticket,watch the Chargers almost every week,so I've seen him ALOT (Tomlinson's been my keeper team stud in fantasy football for 5 years). He's strong,thick,and FAST. He has more talent than the majority of current NFL starters,again,in my opinion.He is a playmaker,which is exactly what we don't have on offense. He's barely 24 years old.
    I realize there's the question of "can he carry the load", but we do know he CAN perform at the NFL level,something we can't say yet about the upcoming rookies. I just seriously doubt we could get a player of Turner's skill/upside with a late-teens/early 20s draft pick.
    Again,if a deal could be worked out involving just one of the Jets' 2nds,that would be fantastic.

18. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Okay, just watched the KC/SD game - let's do it, let's acquire Turner

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Turner being blocked by Tomlinson reminds me of Priest Holmes being blocked by Jamal Lewis a few years ago.

If we can get Turner for one of our 2nd round picks, we have to do it. He can be a great RB.