Darnold = Poor Man's Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 8, 2019.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

And all this time i thought he was a rich man's Sanchez...

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

What is frustrating is Year in and year out, we never seem to get any wide open receivers. Whether it be bad coaching, lack of a good scheme, play calling or just not having good enough route runners or receivers that can get separation.
    Watching games all around the league on Sunday Ticket and teams all around the league get multiple plays that are just plain gimmees

Darnold was not great but did fairly well given the pressure and D he was facing. OL was absolute trash and aside from Crowder the WR were invisible except Robbie one time getting behind the CB.

3. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Are the tipped passes more of a predictable offense? There weren't any tipped passed during the 1st half correct? Maybe the Bills got the timing down in which Darnold releases the ball, so they just stick their hands in the air.

Terrible thread by the way.

4. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Omg...no you didnt speak ill of the beloved Darnold who under and overthrew 2 potential touch downs!

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Off balance throws due to rushers in his face.

I'm not saying Darnold is excused from a poor day, but I don't know many QBs in this league that would have done any better behind that line today.

NYJetsO12 and fggrimes like this.
  6. ultrajet

ultrajet Active Member

The OL just looked out of sync. Darnold was hurried so many times. D. Darnold will be ok. One quick question-- was the last Darnold pass on Robbie Anderson Pass Int. I wasn't sure why the Jets never challenged that.

7. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

This seems like an over exaggeration. The kid will be fine. Its week 1, no one knows what to expect and although it counts - its kinda like another preseason game in that everythings gotta gel. Just as i would have defended Allen had he not brought them back - its just one game. The sky is not faulting and im sure as soon as mext week you guys will be back to anointing him as the best young qb in the nfl.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Anyone who has been on this board long enough knows I am a very optimistic person about this team, sometimes far to optimistic.

But let's be honest here, we were gonna lose games this year. We weren't gonna go undefeated. We should have won this game. The offense looked lost and losing Mosley hurt our defense tremendously. But it's not the end of the world. It's week one and there's still a lot of football to play.

Make adjustments and come out firing next week. Beat Cleveland big, and all will be forgotten this week.

I keenly remembering everyone praising this team after destroying Detroit week 1 last year. How did that pan out?

kevda5n9ne, NYJetsO12 and Acad23 like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The average Jets fan is less delusional and more cynical than the average Bills fan. Not saying one is better than the other. And both are better than the average Dolphins fan who doesn't care, or the average Pats fan who think he's smart because Belichick is.

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The play call where Gase absolutely lost me for the season was when we were on our own one yard line and he ran a draw out of the shotgun 6 yards deep in the end zone. We even got like 8 yards on the play, but it was still an inexcusable call. It was like he was trying to give the Bills two points and a little momentum.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Plain and simple, the Jets offense is not very good. Did anybody really expect Bell to come in and transform them into a top offense?

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Youre laughably wrong.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He does it even when there’s no pressure. He’s more accurate than most when doing it but at times if hurts him like today.

14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

That's what was so frustrating. Even when he wasn't rushed, he was throwing off his back foot instead of stepping into the throw. He was wildly inaccurate on some of those passes - it was hard to watch.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He’s blessed with the ability to throw accurately or more accurate than most off platform so he’s developed the very bad habit of doing way more than necessary. It is frustrating

16. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I agree with the posters that are arguing that it's too early for this type of thread. I already posted something similar in the game thread, but allow me to side with those going negative in one regard:

We still haven't seen Sam really put the team on his shoulders and win a ball game with his arm. There is no evidence, YET, that we have a QB that can run a pass heavy offense and consistently throw the ball accurate.

So just as one could argue it's too early to call him "another USC bust", it is way too early to say we found "our guy". There is simply not enough evidence either way.

By the bye week, if we are without a win and Sam is still lackluster--there should be concern.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Duh!

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well there's a difference between comparing fans' knowledge to some hawdy tawdy owner who likely bought or inherited the team as some toy or business and doesn't really know football a la both Johnson brothers. It's not like a real GM hired Gase. I do not believe fans are more knowledgeable than most non-Idzik GM's. Fans are definitely more knowledgeable than a lot of non-Mara/Rooney type owners when it comes to football though.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Dolphins lost 59-10.

20. jgwjets1783

jgwjets1783 New Member

Darnold didn’t play as well Jets fan were hoping for today. I thought the OL gave him no time to throw, but what’s crazy to me is...
    Kaare Vedvik connects on his FG, the Jets more than likely would of won and then this thread wouldn’t exist.

FJF, NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.