Slightly annoyed with the new format...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Jerome 84, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Jerome 84

Jerome 84 New Member

I wasn't sure where I should post this so forgive me if this is the wrong spot...

I don't know if anyone else feels the way I do but I've become slightly annoyed with separation of the Jets Newswire Forum from the main Jets Forum. Theganggreen.com used to be my primary source for finding and reading Jets related articles. People (myself included) would post links to articles they found and we could have a discussion of what was talked about in that article. But since the Mods have started moving all articles over to the newswire forum, and since nobody is ever in the newswire forum, it feels sort of pointless to post there. As a result, there are basically no more articles being posted. Maybe one a day or so over there, and they never get any reaction.

A few months ago I felt like if I logged onto theganggreen.com on any given day I'd have 6 or 7 new articles to read. And without the "basis" of an article I feel like the level of discussion in here has degenerated a bit as well. It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when the first post in a thread is just some random person saying "Chad stinks: discuss"

So I'd like to see us combine the two forums again.

Thanks for tolerating my Pierre Bernard's recliner of rage-esque rant.

2. Jerome 84

Jerome 84 New Member

Seriously? Thanks mods.

3. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

could not agree more....I was going to post a story this morning from the New York Daily News about Clemens being elevated by Mangini to number 2 quarterback because of his fine practice play the last few weeks, and the article noted that he was displaying a rocket arm, but then I remembered articles get posted elsewhere and what's the use, since it would not be discussed there.

4. Jerome 84

Jerome 84 New Member

I like how my thread on how mods moving articles to abandoned forums prevents discussion was moved within its first 3 minutes by a mod to a forum that probably hasn't been visited in a year.

5. baamf

baamf Active Member

I agree. The Jets forum is for "Talking about our beloved Jets", no need for any other forums, it just gets confusing and good points are missed....

6. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

One Jets Forum. I agree. Articles should be posted where we can criticize or agree or debate the points of hte article. Moving them dilutes the quality of the Jets Forum.

7. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'm totally on board with this.... I loved the old set up.... It's cool to have a separate gameday section, but the news and Jets discussion should co-exist in the same forum...

8. GreenMachine

Post in the right forum. This thread is a suggestion and feedback. Therefore it has nothing to do with the Jets.

And once again, Mods have NOTHING to do with the site format. This is all done by Petrozza.