Report: Jets will make a run at Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Dec 23, 2018.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not sure; I'd like to think she's going al fresco minus the seal fur thong.

Either way I'd like to be Inuit . : )

TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

First of all, what does my reply to Rollie have to do with your post ?
    I bolded your statement.
    Your exact words were Hiring a black!
    Not a black man, a black coack, but simply referring to a person as " a black".
    Keep doing your part....

#242 TonyFtLaud, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

sniff...sniff...

yeah, like this gem? v v v

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

My whole belief is why should a candidate only be getting an interview for the color of their skin? Maybe it’s because I’m in my 20s so I couldn’t give two shits about what color you are or where you’re from, if you’re good at what you do you have my respect. I believe that all coaches will get their shot if they’re good enough, and I don’t think a team should have to accommodate some rule if they know who they want to hire no matter what ala Raiders and Gruden.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys and one single gal(jeto)

Let’s not get off topic here. Rooney rule shumeny rule. No politics please.

Now, is Harbaugh coming? I hope so. If not give me Tomlin if he is really leaving Steelers.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

My gut is telling me Harbaugh is coaching the NYJ in 2019. ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, and PFT all confirmed the rumor about the Jets interest in Harbaugh, even with some of them saying the Jets don’t believe Michigan and Harbaugh are committed to each other. The Jets were vetting this option for weeks before the reports came out, they would know if he wasn’t interested already.

KurtTheJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  7. Brook!

I really hope my friend. This will change the history of Jets franchise. If this happens I will sacrifice 3 goats and 1 rollo mollo to God for making my dreams come true.

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The UK does not currently have anything resembling it although there is likely to be a similar rule introduced to soccer in the near future where black minorities are significantly under represented in senior coaching roles, especially when compared to the number of black ethnic players. It comes up ias a discussion point in the media pretty regularly and they actually refer to introducing a Rooney Rule as it has been succesful in the NFL, which usually gets a smirk from me.

The closest thing to it internationally I know of is the quota system introduced by South African cricket to 'encourage' more black representation in teams. It led to a talent drain with loads of white players being forced to play in the UK, Australia etc as there was no place for them in South African sides. I'm pretty sure this quota system is still in place and there has been criticism from some that some ethnicities weren't considered white enough in the apartheid era and aren't considered black enough now. South Africa probably has to be considered as a special case though.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm still holding out hope for John Harbaugh but I'd sign up for Jim Harbaugh in a second too.

I'm sure if John stays and Jim becomes the coach of the Jets and Ravens would have a lot of joint practices.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Are those the goats you got for your wedding?

11. Brook!

They are in my Harem. Lol.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Gotta route for Mayfield to beat Ravens and Pitt to beat Bengals.

That’s the only possible way John leaves Balt.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Reports were saying he may not even sign the extension if he were to be presented one. This would then be a scenario where teams could potentially get him for a draft pick.

I'd do it.

14. Rollo Tomassi

I was hoping they shit the bed the last few weeks and they decided to part ways.

I hate giving up draft picks but for him I would. Not our first mind you. But one of our thirds.

#254 Rollo Tomassi, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    GQMartin likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is this a bit of the old accidental racism that still exists?

;)

TonyFtLaud, Brook! and JetBlue like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think your GPS is broken....

Brook! and NYJFOREVER like this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Ha? Did I screw that up?

18. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh dodges questions about New York #Jets interest.clutchpoints.com/jets-n…

Let's pray that we at least get the chance to interview him.

Brook! likes this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not quite true, they are using it for the National job and clubs it seems.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...pick-bame-coach-fa-martin-glenn-a8150056.html
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42623021

The Football Association will interview at least one applicant from a black, Asian and minority ethnic background for future roles in the England set-up.

English football's governing body will adopt its own version of the 'Rooney Rule' implemented in the NFL in 2003.

Chief executive Martin Glenn said the move showed the "FA is for all".

"The FA wants to become a more inclusive organisation where the workforce more represents the people who play football today," Glenn said.

Speaking to BBC Sport, he added: "What it will say is the opportunity to have a career beyond playing is something that the FA is serious about promoting."

The Rooney Rule, named after NFL diversity committee chairman Dan Rooney, requires clubs in American football to interview at least one BAME candidate for each head coach or senior football operation vacancy.

The FA says this move will apply to jobs across England teams but BAME applicants will still need to show they meet the relevant recruitment criteria.

English Football League clubs agreed to introduce their own version of the 'Rooney Rule' from 1 January but the same measure has been applied to roles in their academies since June.

Research conducted in November showed 22 of 482 roles across England's top-four leagues were filled by coaches from BAME backgrounds.

Cricket
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/44058915

The England and Wales Cricket Board is to implement a 'Rooney Rule' for all coaching roles in the national men's, women's and disabled teams.

It means that at least one applicant from black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds will be interviewed for future jobs.

That follows the biggest study the ECB has ever conducted into cricket in South Asian communities.

The Rooney Rule was implemented in the USA's NFL in 2003.

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Hadn't realised these had come into force. Seems it doesn't apply to the Premier League, which is probably why I missed it.

K'OB likes this.