Jets releasing Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 20, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Every Redskins player and fan hated Pryor. When the Jets signed him I was worried he would be a cancer or problem for the locker room. Not sure he was, but this is a surprising move to make you consider it. He was mostly positive on the field for the Jets, besides that Miami interception where his effort was embarrassingly bad. He was basically the #4 WR for the Jets. I assumed he wasn't 100% healthy. I guess this new injury made the Jets feel he wouldn't ever be healthy this season.

Harpua and GQMartin like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Onviously Pryor wasn’t in the plan for the future ......but I’m not sure what the current plan is .

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

His route running and speed were also abysmal. Even before he was cut I was thinking about why this guy was even on the team. They were barely using him.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  4. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I don't get this. He was actually pretty good when given the chance after Enunwa got hurt. I think Enunwa will be out longer than a couple of weeks with his high ankle sprain and there is no guarantee that someone else wont get hurt in the interim. Either the injury is worse than they are saying, which doesn't make sense, or he was starting to gripe and they didn't want a bad apple on the team. Hard to believe that they would make a trade for a better player at this point and Burnett isn't likely to be anything more than a slot receiver.

Could they have an understanding with him that they will bring him back after he is better? Maybe. I think his salary is guaranteed so he wont lose any dough being cut. The Jets WRs are all free agents after this year and I thought he was worth bringing back if his salary demands weren't outrageous.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Ok,
    So losing Pryor wasn't a big deal, that seems to be unanimous. Soooo...

Kearse is rock solid we know he can move the chains and make catches in traffic, but he's no game breaker.

Robby is nursing a hamstring so he is likely week-to-week for the next few weeks unless there's a setback (see Dalvin Cook/Leonard Fournette).

That leaves Peake, as I don't think any of us are expecting much from Robert's.

What's next? Trade? FA?

6. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Pryor's effort on most plays was piss-poor. With the addition of this injury, he just isn't worth a roster spot

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He will be back. It's only so they can save a few bucks and a roster spot while he's hurt. Don't trash him just yet, LOL

8. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

I believe his salary is guaranteed for the year if he is on the opening day roster. Its not a money saving move-If it was , he would be pissed and less likely to return

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah it went from solid to poor in 6 weeks. I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting a potential #1 WR with our first rounder. Otherwise Mac needs to be aggressive in free agency.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Where is this plan the Jets are doing to address the receiver position that Bowles mentioned to the media? Was that it?

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We probably don’t win last week without Pryor but, to each their own I suppose. When he’s been on the field he’s made plays. He’s also made a few bad ones. But to say you don’t know why he was on the team is a bit of an indictment of yourself.

12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Somehow this is never the answer that occurs to sports fans.

13. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

The Pats will scoop him up instantly. Why wouldn't they? Ugh...

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Again, Pryor needs to be treated like the #4 WR he was for the Jets. Fans wish he played like a #2 or #3, but that was not him this year. Right now he is an injured #4 WR who re-injured himself. That is why he was released. There are only 2 possible plans:

1. The Jets said we know you can't play for a couple weeks. We are going to release you to make room on the roster, then re-sign you when healthy.
    or
    2. The Jets are fine with moving on from Pryor.

Guess we will find out which it is in the next few weeks.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Horrible route runner...not the guy you want a rookie QB throwing to.

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Tre McBride?
    ArDarius Stewart?
    Charles Johnson?

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Please god not Charles Johnson. I might be faster.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Jets called up Burnett off the PS. We’ll see if the chemistry factor with Darnold makes a difference.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm very upset about this.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. He's scored I think three TDs this season why WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?!!!!!!!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This move makes zero sense. Even if you don't love PRYOR or even like him who else do we currently have ? Why did they wait until less than 24 hours before a game to do this ? Even the Giants signed Coleman days ago, maybe we could have even taken a flier on Mathews ? I don't understand how this was done with a game in less than a day,,,,,I don't get this at all

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.