Petty: "I'm the #1 Qb"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

1. He outplayed McCown because McCown played about 1.5 snaps. He outplayed Hack because Hack sucks combined with the fact he played against starters... Petty didn't.

2. Pretty obvious that as soon as Petty is recovered he's going to be the backup. You're being dramatic here.

FJF likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You can blame Blowes for that.. I don't know what the hell Blowes was thinking this preseason but not having your presumed starting Qb actually play is just plain fckn stupid. Blowes for whatever reason (Macc) didn't allow Petty to play against starters. Blowes didn't allow Petty to even practice WITH starters. You call that fair? Cmon man....

Watching somebody buttfucked over and over gets me pissed off. Especially when its a player that has done everything asked of him. Petty has taken hits that would have ended careers behind a HS level Oline. Played on a team that had quit on the season and never once complained. Fuck that. Its bullshit and I'm calling it what it is.

There is obvious bias against Petty and it comes from Macc and Blowes. That much is obvious. They won't play the kid, they won't trade the kid, they won't release the kid. WTF is up with that??

No drama my friend... Just believing what I'm seeing unfold. Macc needs Hacc to be the next FQB. Blowes needs Macc to get his contract extension so he does what he thinks will make Macc happiest.. That is, propping up Hacc at Petty's expense. They sacrificed Petty last year to protect Hacc and they're gonna do it again this year. It is what it is...

#82 Cman68, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    NCJetsfan, PulseJet and truthbtold like this.
  3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It's Petty time....and if that doesn't work out it's Hack time.........and if that doesn't work out it's hit the RESET BUTTON time. Meaning Mac is gone, as well as Bowles. Never ever hire Charley Casserly as a consultant again.

HomeoftheJets, PulseJet and Cman68 like this.
  4. dman928

dman928 Well-Known Member

100% correct. I haven't played since being a backup in college, but I could walk in and be the no 3 on the Jets.

I don't know if he's an NFL starting QB, but I do know that he'll last a while in the league. He's at worst a very servicable backup quarterback. He's got prototypical size, a strong arm, seems to be a good leader, and has improved every year. I really noticed an improvement this preseason. He's setting his feet, has much better pocket presence, and is going through his progressions and not locking onto a single receiver.

I like what I've seen. I think Hackenberg has actually improved from the little I saw from last year, but he's still way behind Petty. My .02 cents.

I was totally fine when they dumped the veterans this year.... as long as they played Petty to see if he has any real potential. Unfortunately, this is the worst Jets coaching staff since the Kotite days.

#84 dman928, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He's in competition with Josh McCown and Christian Hackenberg.... that would raise anybody's ego.

ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd rather wait and get a prospect that doesn't have the flaws Watson or Mahomes has.

And no this team wouldn't be better with Mahomes, the guy wouldn't even be starting so how can you say the Jets would be better?

Darnold, Rosen or Jackson please. I also said I preferred Kizer, don't ignore that.

FJF likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Considering he started in a short wk with no tes and an awful Bengals offense that hasn't scored a td all yr I guess he looked ok.

He won't win anymore games playing the way he played last week. But Texas, nice weather is a good fit for Watson. Not in NY

Jets69 likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Every prospect has flaws. As the season unfolds you'll see them come out of all the "saviors" you think will be there in May.

And no. Mahomes probably would not be starting - especially with Bowles as HC - but when the time comes that they have to go to their 3rd QB - and it will - Mahomes would be better than Hack.

Of course all of that is water under the bridge, and we can only look forward, so I agree, let's get one of these guys and a CS that knows how to develop them.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm starting to hate Bowles. No emotion. No backbone & no guts. Look. I know we're going to lose in 2017. We all know that. But why lose with a freaking career loser in McCown? Why not have us lose with Petty. Or even Hack. At least i could enjoy watching the factor of an "unknown" because i know what we have in McCown and he's horrid. Like. As a fan. I can't even enjoy this. Watching McCown takes all my fan excitement away.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The combo of Mcown and Forte.....What a snooze fest this shit is.Bring these two out back and put them out of there misery..

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Forte actually looks pretty good today.

I'd like to see Petty but I'm OK as long as he gets in by week 5 when we're going into the week 0-4.

If McCown plays deeper than week 8, assuming we're something like 1-7 or 0-8, we should maybe give the billboard clowns a call.

egelband likes this.
  12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

McCown will have 2 wins in his last 24 starts after today and Bowles still thinks he is the answer at QB. If he thinks McCown will save his ass from being fired, he is a moron showing exactly why he should be fired.

13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Now tell me this, with over 10 minutes left in the game and down 42-13, how is Bowles not putting Petty in to at least get some reps?

I no longer will give this guy the benefit of the doubt - he's got no clue.

Ralebird, FJF, ajax and 8 others like this.
  14. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

They will not play petty. He is a wild card and they don't know if he can win games nor do they care to find out. There all about tanking and getting the first pic. I just hope to god Bowles doesnt have a free pass because he is awful and we need a new coach as bad as we need a franchise qb

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

McClown makes 125g's per game so, are you surprised the FO/CS is gonna squeeze every last down out of this guy no matter what? I'm not surprised at all. A coach that is working for an contract extension isn't worried about the future. The future is NOW and Blowes only knows one way to manage a team. Play your vets until they drop dead, prop them up and play them some more.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

turned to my Father in Law and said Petty should now be in this game,,,no reason for him not to get reps,,,,,the coach has no clue he needs to look at film and tape again,,,,,,ugh

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

For as much as I agree with you the young guys should play...I'm not sure I want to see it. Those kids are going to get flat out killed behind that line. I would give McCown 8 games worth of abuse just so as to mitigate how much of a beating Petty/Hack take this year...to be quite honest.

Sadly...McCown is not why we lost today. That falls squarely on the LBing corps and the defense in general. In fact, the offense looked light years ahead of our defense at this point. Carr and company tore our asses up.

Having said all that...I also agree that Petty should have taken all of the reps in the 4th quarter...why both with McCown when we were out of it by then. "Toilet" Bowles is really showing he does not have what it takes to lead this team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

I now want the #1 QB come the draft. But i don't want Bowles to coach the kid.

New QB.
    New coach.

Fk Bowles.

19. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Lol anyone watching Trevor Siemian carve up the Boys?

I remember arguing with people who didn't want to trade for him amongst the Romo rumors because Hackenberg had more potential.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bowles answer...McClown gives us the best chance to win! Fire him and cut the other loser

ColoradoContrails likes this.