JetrhoTull's Jets Mock (1.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Jan 7, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Rd 1 Derek Barnett 3-4 OLB Tennessee
    Barnett had a ton of production over a long period of time in the SEC. Also unlike Gholston he actually played both standing up and with his hand in the dirt. He reminds me of an Olivier Vernon type which is something the Jets have needed forever.

Rd 2 Desmond King CB Iowa
    Desmond King is an excellent CB prospect and would be a first rounder in most years. He's also tremendous punt returner which is something the Jets really need.

Rd 3 Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    Was a big time recruit and has the athleticism to develop into a Left Tackle

Rd 4 (Compensation) TE-Bucky Hodges VA Tech
    Not sure if he will be available in Day 3, but should definitely be a target.

Rd 5 Corey Clement HB Wisconsin
    Would be a steal here as I actually think he will be a better pro than Melvin Gordon. He is this years Jordan Howard.

Rd 6
    Davis Webb QB Cal
    Another QB to throw at wall and hope sticks

Rd 7
    Nate Peterman QB Pittsburgh
    Another QB to throw at the wall and hope sticks

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If we also address OL in the FA I love the first 5 picks. I doubt most of the players slip though.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

How many QBs are we supposed to carry on the roster?

Unless you are assuming Petty or Hackenberg will be the starter, makes no sense to draft two.

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Not bad, I really like Barnett at 6...

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

IMO, your 2nd, 3rd & 4th round players will all be drafted a round earlier. I do like all 3 players, just wishful thinking they're going to be available.

2 QBs???? I don't think we will draft a QB. Petty, Hack & a FA to be named.

Barrnet is unblockable, he could be gone by #6, I'd have no issue drafting him. Gholston couldn't handle the NFL because he had no heart and desire to do well. It wasn't just the position change the reason for his failure, I warned many on this site not to draft him after seeing his attitude at Ohio State.

6. Garycs

Garycs Member

Love Barnett. He's better than Garrett. Hodges is a 2nd rounder. King is slow.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I haven't had time to keep up with college prospects this year, so can't comment on your picks other than I really like the positions addressed, but do disagree with the two QBs in the lower rounds. The chances of either developing are slim and none. We need to seriously upgrade our talent on STs. IMO the picks in the last 2 rounds should be STs-type players, DBs, WRs or LBs.