Why is Brandon the scape goat?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Garrison Nauman, Jan 3, 2017.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nonsense. He had the QB he campaigned for. He doesn't get that excuse and you don't get to make it for him.

Dierking, Peebag and abyzmul like this.
  2. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

I think Marsh has good intentions with his leadership style, and I think when his team is good (like last year) he is a great leader and a great rah-rah guy to have around, but when things start to go south guys don't wanna hear the bullshit...and Sheldy is someone who will always be quick to call guys out. If we're anticipating another rocky season next year, why keep Marsh? Not worth the cap hit and Robby/Q/Decker plus Peake/Jalin/Devin Smith (maybe) is a formidable receiving corp.

The Fitz nonsense rubbed me the wrong way...even back in the Spring when he was campaigning for him. It was disrespectful to Geno, who was the starter at the time. And this year after the Niners win, Marsh said Bryce played tough but he was kind of critical of him also. His comments weren't incorrect, but for a guy who said Fitz is elite and how he was "going down with Fitz", I thought that was disrespectful to Bryce also

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I don't think Decker is going to be a 100% going into next season. Isn't he having 2 different surgeries?

4. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

Yes I think he's had both of them already. He won't be ready for OTA's but he should be good like mid-TC if recovery goes well

5. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Marshall is an enigma. When he's hot, he's very, very good. The problem is that's not often enough for he's definitively inconsistent, and his cold spells exceed the others. He often drops easy catches at bad times. He also has a history of a myriad of off field issues, as well as locker-room squabbles, meeting attendance issues, on-field sulking, injuries, you name it. He's high maintenance, and a borderline drama queen. As such, he's one of the forces pulling this team apart, and that's got to be addressed. I don't think he's what this team needs right now, or down the road. He's a perpetual project. And if there's to be a project, let it be a young one with a future.

My worst fear is that MacC drags in Jay Cutler trying to recreate the "magic" of Cutler/Marshall/Forte from 2013 (the Bears went 3-0 and finished 8-8 that year). Start the rebuild, do it with the young guys.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Marshall is a scapegoat because he has demanded to be one of the leaders of this team and the team failed. His QB turned out to be a sham. He called out his teammates privately and publicly. He hasn't mended fences. His level of play decreased tremendously. And most importantly, he gave up on his team. He's not alone in this failure, since the other leaders on this team are equally responsible (Revis, Wilk, Fitz), but he certainly deserves a good share of the blame.

Marshall is a candidate for a trade/cut because: (1) he's going to be 33 in March; (2) he is making a lot of money; (3) he would be a better fit on a winning team; (4) he's not well respected in the locker room; and (5) we have a stable of young WRs who need playing time. All these things make him expendable IMO.

I could see Marshall sticking around if the Jets acquire Romo or some other veteran QB. IMO, that could save/delay Mac and Bowles' demise, but it would hurt us in the long run and be a typical Jets move. So it's a very real possibility.

7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ron

#27 RonPi, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017