Revis to return?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LV Coach, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

"Tell Darelle it was only business; I always liked him"

CBG likes this.
  2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Can't play the mercenary role when it's to your advantage and ask for for loyalty when mercenary rule works for your employer. I can see a guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Joe Thomas getting 1-2 nice paychecks after game goes downhill as a loyalty reward but definitely not Revis.

papapump, RuJFan, Red Menace and 3 others like this.
  3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Exactly. The way Mevi$ has and is acting is a direct reflection of the "me first" mentality of our current society. I hope his legacy is one of greed and a huge drop off in play. IMO he will be out of the NFL in 2 years. It's been a long time since I've seen a players skills decline as rapidly as his have.

Personally, I think he's starting to get more injury and is taking plays, quarters, games off to collect a paycheck. Just like uncle Gilbert did. Runs in the family....

Elvis likes this.
  4. Elvis

Elvis Member

Its all about the money with Revis, always has been, always will be...I understand the reality of playing football and its a business but what I do not understand is the lack of leadership coming from him. Yes he is older but as we all watched - he did not play hard, made excuses for his play, and set a bad example for the younger players that could of benefitted from his knowhow. If you are telling us you are older, then retire and make room for a player that is going to give 100%....

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

how the mighty have fallen,,,I have little doubt that he gets in the ring of honor but ohhhh how these last 2 years have tarnished that ring ps I do not want him back next year and I don't even want him on the field tomorrow. yes the mighty have fallen

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Revis gave a half-assed effort this year. Offer him a half-assed salary.

NYJetsO12 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If he has as much class as he seems to think he has, then he is should be honest enough to realize he was perhaps the worst defensive player, nothing but a dismal embarrassment in the secondary; could not cover, could not run, and could not tackle. Time to say good night and move on into a rich retirements curtesy of the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Revis is not willing to tackle. What exactly is the value for any player who avoids contact at all costs?!

This motherfucker can go fuck himself.
    Selfish dick is trying to squeeze extra couple of dollars. Fuck him .

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Revis was terrible this year but him playing FS kinda intriguing...

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fool me once...

Fool me twice..

Guy is a pathological liar and sucks at ANY position in football ...taking up a roster spot with garbage

I hear Mevi$ is trying to sell the Brooklyn Bridge and he has some GG takers

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I'm willing to see what he can do at safety. Gilchrist likely is gone as a cap casualty so there's a need for a FS. Plus if you're gonna keep Revis around because he's owed 6 mill next year anyways, see how it will work.

His play this year notwithstanding, he was known as a good tackler who will stick his head in there in the past. Now did his age zap him of all abilities? Or did him coming into camp out of shape derail his season especially coming off the wrist surgery? He has a lot to prove...sometimes guys like him need to be humbled and this year has done that, if he wants to continue to play football, he better bring it next season.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

A guy who doesn't like contact shouldn't be redeployed as a safety.

Time to nuke the Island.

14. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The ties need to be cut. After listening to his post game interview yesterday, the sooner the better.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. june19

june19 Active Member

Revis was good not no more. Let him go,the guys we got now they can do the same his doing for a fraction of the price.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Maybe he's paying Kacy and Bowles some $ so they keep him around. Wouldn't surprise me