Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

They'll probably give him a third year. I can't defend him, but an argument can be made that the problems with this roster transcend coaching. With an O-line/secondary/special teams this godawful, it's not like they're underacheiving. But his in-game decision-making is atrocious (was it this bad last year, and I just didn't notice because we were winning, or has he regressed? honest question). At the very least, Gailey has got to go. I'd shed zero tears if they made it a clean sweep though.

2. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

^^This would be only a good start. The entire team is adrift in a sea of incompetence.The franchise-wide disorganization, however, isn't going to change until Woody has left the scene. But the team on-field can get better almost immediately with Bowles' departure. I've never seen such complete chaos. There aren't two people on the same page.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  3. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

But look at who we beat, and look at how we won. A lot of those wins were against weak teams, and it took us till the 2nd quarter, or even the 2nd half, to actually wake up. A lot of the wins were also the opponents beating themselves rather than any good performance by us. I had serious doubts about Bowles last year. The lack of preparation game in and game out is a coaching problem, and the fact that it didn't show any improvement throughout the year was worrisome. Also, Bowles constantly showed piss poor clock management, overly conservative offensive playcalling, and an unwillingness to change up ineffective gameplans. He also doesn't know how to make a team play together. There's no fire in them, and he can barely get average play out of his best players. Compare that with someone like Parcells, who could turn anyone into a weapon if he found the slot for them.

I would have been happier had the team gone 6-10 last year, but with solid play, emerging stars, and all the signs of a team on the rise. Instead, we got another Rex Ryan team: A team that largely won by mistake, had no idea how to replicate it, and no idea who they were or where they were going.

Things could change in an instant. We could find a coach who knows how to get his players to play, and how to look for diamonds in the rough, and sudden turn our team into contenders. But unfortunately, I feel like we're going to be joining the Browns for a little while as a graveyard for careers.

4. june19

june19 Active Member

Todd bowles is the wrong coach for the jets, he needs to go at season ends. And please stop hiring defensive coach is not working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cman68 and James Hasty like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

MAJOR BUMP ,,,,,after watching this team perform as did last night and once again seeing that this guy is incapable of coaching them up or making adjustments , heck the secondary is still blowing coverages and making the same mistakes in week 15 that they did in training camp you guys still want this ass clown around another year ? How did you like kicking that field goal with 4 minutes to go down by 24 ? Bowels has no answers and has no clue,,its KOTITESQUE ! Why on earth keep this guy around another year ?
    This team is not getting hit with a rash of injuries at key positions, this team is not losing close games due to bad luck or bad bounces this team is not ready to play and out coached each week, the Jets are a laughingstock and one of the 3 THE WORST teams in the league .I don't know if Mikey Mac should stay he is very responsible for what we are witnessing as well,,,,,cant wait to play the Pats and Bills

6. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

I said it last week and I will say it again.
    We need to hire VP of operations.
    Someone like Coughlin who would the hire a coach with Mac's help. Preferably an offensive one but definitely one with HC experience but I would not rule anyone out like Jim Schwartz. I don't think Bowles wants to be the guy who cleans out his staff which needs to be done if he stays. Too many friends to let go. I agree firing him would put him out of his misery.
    Unfortunately the more coaches you fire the harder it is to get the good ones so that's why you need a guy like Coughlin to have his back and show potential candidates that they mean business.
    I bet no more players show up late for meetings (or not at all). The HC needs to be the main man however (one riot one ranger).
    Then Mac has to give his scouts his marching orders as to what we need, no stone unturned (QB, TE, Punter etc). If he fails then the VP replaces him.

7. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

“It’s all on me,” coach Todd Bowles said. “I did a terrible job as far as getting these guys ready to play. I thought we were ready to play in the first half. In the second half, me being the head coach of this team and us not looking very good right now, it’s all a big reflection on me. I take full responsibility.” Why the fuck doesn't he just resign...

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I don't condone firing coaches just because they miss the playoffs a couple years, but Bowles has shown nothing this year to suggest he's going to be a successful head coach in the NFL. Our secondary, which was supposed to be his specialty, has been a mess. We have the 2nd worst point differential in the conference, fourth worst in the league. We're struggling against bad teams even when we win, and we're getting destroyed by playoff caliber opponents.

We're not just losing, we're getting embarrassed.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yes, ignore because it's not just about the record, no really.

The team QUIT. There is no discipline, no preparation, no will to play.

And this is on coach.

So yeah, I don't give shit about 10 wins last season.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

No, this argument can't be made.
    Stubbornly starting Fitz instead of evaluating new QB is not roster.

Numerous mistakes on the field (ex calling TO and then challenging the play) is not roster.

Lack of preparation, whole team QUIT none of it is roster.

Easy schedule like last year might cover this steaming pile of shit that is our HC, but the fact remains: TB is a pile of shit.

cmcm750203 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. LarryAlRalph

Economics. If he resigns, he gives up a lot of income. If they fire him, he gets a settlement.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's clear that Bowles cannot motivate his team. I swear, you could get a guy from a Rec league to cover people and give more effort than Revis shows, and yet he still suits up and is put out on the field. No wonder most of the players have quit on him! Bowles must be fired today. There is no value in postponing the inevitable. The longer he's allowed to coach this team, the more of a joke the franchise becomes, and that makes we fans look like fools for supporting this farce.

But you know Woody won't fire him for being inept, he'll fire him because there were more Dolphin fans in the stadium last night than Jets fans, and since this team currently resides in NJ and not Florida, he can expect a big drop off in ticket sales. That's the ONLY thing that motivates Woody. I'll paraphrase Lombardi to sum up Johnson's "philosophy": "Money isn't everything; it's the ONLY thing".

#92 ColoradoContrails, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  13. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I've seldom seen a QB hit from both sides like yesterday. That knocked him out. That's directly the result of poor OC calling and OL line play. Both ot those coaches have to go!

14. LarryAlRalph

Agreed. The real yardstick is the one showing the complete lack of improvement. For frankly, they're re gressing, getting worse every time I see them. That's a combination of the coach's disorganization and players just just giving up. There's only one way to address that, though even that is not a cure. But the current CS can't even stop the bleeding, let alone turn the program around. Or do they even have a program?

#94 LarryAlRalph, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tom coughlin is 150 years old. he is retired and will hopefully remain happily retired. great coach for a lot of years but lets not jizz all over ourselves about a guy who is a coach that retired last year because he was kind of losing his touch.

saban is a phenomenal college coach, hes a very good coach but his key is as a master manipulator, he gets the best of the best to buy in and play for him, you make him draft and deal with what he gets and he will not be nearly as phenomenal. he had middling success at all his stops until he got to lsu, and even then with all that talent around he lost 3 or 4 games every year other than the national championship year.

he COULD do the old pete carroll and come back and do well but I just don't know if he has that ability or drive at 65. I think he is probably pretty content being a god at Alabama.

SonofDinger and LarryAlRalph like this.
  16. LarryAlRalph

And if anyone even hints at Lane Kiffen, I'm gonna have an embolism!

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Coughlin MIGHT un-retire for a job like VP/Pres. of Football Operations, and in that capacity give the Jets the framework they've lack for almost 5 decades...assuming Woody gave him free reign.

Agree with you about Saban. College success is a very poor indicator of pro success based on history. I wouldn't look to the college ranks for the next HC. On the other hand, how could it get any worse?

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Anybody who thinks Saban would come to the Jets is on drugs.
    His best friend is Belicheat.
    And Tom Coughlin would give instant credibility like Parcells did.
    Right know there is no one else who fill the resume. He would also like to shove it right up the giants you know what.
    If not him someone like him then. Its the concept that could work. I don't think Coughlin as VP/Presults of football operations is that far fetched. He currently works for the NFL and he knows the lay of the land.
    But let's here some viable solutions.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that would be the final straw, I would not watch or root for the jets during his tenure.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  20. Tdogg

Tdogg New Member

Besides this idea is right out of Woody's play book. Tom Coughlin would be accepted by the press and the fans.