Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I didn't think he looked particularly comfortable but 1 game is an irrelevant sample size, especially in a debut. Actually, reminded me a lot of Derek Carr's debut against us in 2014. Almost identical stat lines, lots of checkdowns/getting the ball out quickly, etc.

Let's see how he does with 2 weeks to prepare. Assuming we don't go back to Fitz which would be silly.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I can't believe this fan base sometimes. One game and ppl are calling for us to go back to Fitz!??? If we do that we deserve the inept reputation as an organization and as a fan base.

I don't need to see another pass from fitz. I DO look forward to seeing more of Petty. I'd like to see us win at least one of the games against the Pats. Other than that winning means nothing. We need to figure out if we have a QB or are we using a top 10 draft pick on one

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

For the record I saw Troy Aikman play the Jets in Giants Stadium in year 2, YEAR FUCKING 2 with over 20 games under his belt and he stunk to high heaven.
    He was god fucking awful.

How did that work out for the Cowboys?

People need to simmer down.

Doreblade, Cman68 and PulseJet like this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Now we know he can check down in a game situation. Maybe next week we will see if he can complete passes to receivers who aren't safety valves. EXCITE!!!!!!!!

Jets69 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

for every 1 player that played terrible their 1st game and turned it around, there are like 20 that never turned it around. Petty looked exactly as i suspected. a career back up. but I'd rather see him tank the team and get experience then see fitz play again. we are basically playing for a better draft pick at this point.

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Bowles on Petty: Calm, poised when he was out there. He threw a deep ball well, understood his reads, went where he was supposed to go.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He needs to start, he has an extra week to prepare and take 1st reps.

8. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Gaileys play calling was atrocious. We wasted a start for petty. How many fucking draw plays can this guy run. Let petty throw 45 interceptions for all I care from now to the end of the season. The only way to find out if he can play or not.

Altoona, Cman68 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

What I don't get is that Petty played primarily in a spread/air raid type of offense where it was constantly 3-5 wideouts and vertical so why didn't we have a vertical 3-5 wideout type of game plan? I get that Petty was starting his first ever game but I almost every single drive except the 2 minute drill before the half was run run pass. Absolutely inexcusable.

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Petty wasn't solid but he wasn't bad. I thought he would be more mobile and scramble more but you can't give up on the kid after one game. Don't like the fact he face the Pats next but he needs some reps and consistently. Key here get them some valuable experience with the young WRs and see what they have in store for next year. As someone already stated, he s still learning the pro style offense.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd like to see what he can with... a real NFL Oline in front of him so he doesn't always have to check down out of one of Popeye's beige easily predictable playcalls.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ask Gailey.. I'm sure he'll some lame assed excuse.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

"We thought is was the best possible game plan for us. I thought I was being unpredictable and I guess they caught on. Maybe they have cameras at our practice. "

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thank you, some of these posters are ridiculous in their criticism. Indeed, even the RAMs said the kid has talent but was young... On today's Jets site Bowles even said he did ok for his 1st time out... KEY wording for all the so called geniuses is FIRST TIME OUT!

15. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

That should have been the number one focus this past draft . Definitely need to pick up two solid OL.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Why don't you go play with your Barney Frank blow up doll because your comments are illogical and frankly show a lack of football intelligence.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Okay, this thread is 7 pages and not worth it, but has anyone mentioned that it's a HackettStillSux parody thread? I know FJF got it but I'm guessing most people were too irate to get it.

Dierking and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do you have their email addresses? If so, please post them. I'll write them both. I'll tell Bowles how awful he is, how he's stealing Woody's money and that he should resign before he embarrasses himself further. I'll ask Mac to fire Bowles if he doesn't resign.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so that last play was intended to go to the other teams LBer?
    Did he also miss the wide open Anderson deep ball petty threw and missed?

20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I got it. I laughed. You couldn't hear it because computers.

#160 TwoHeadedMonster, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    All Gas No Shake and abyzmul like this.