Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. BuzzKillington

He stinks.

Watch the post game press conference.

Bryce is way too happy with the loss, way to comfortable losing while making the all too familiar "I have to get better" rhetorical remarks. All too familiar of this Todd Bowles coached team.

How about players stop saying they have to play better and actually play better? How about Todd Bowles stops saying the team has to play better and actually coaches them to play better?

Unfortunately, Bryce Petty has already been ruined by Todd Bowles.

Once that stink is on you, it doesn't come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#121 BuzzKillington, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When he reaches 13 INTs he will stink, now only Fitzpatrick stinks. Who btw has the lowest qbr in football with the exception of Case Keenum..now that is stink.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. BuzzKillington

They both stink.

They have the stink on them. The stink that no deodorant can cover up.

They stink.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Double post.

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Amazing how that stuff comes to light when you actually bother to READ the article before you comment on it....:rolleyes:

7. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Wow...I thought he did a respectable job all things considered. Looks like a player that if we put time and effort in, could really be special.

hwismer and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I did watch it. You must have seen a different one though. The fucking kid has an entire 4 quarters of NFL experience to his name and you fucking geniuses think he's supposed to be Payton Manning already. He wasn't "happy" with the loss, but he understands his role. He needs game experience, and he got a good dose against one of the NFL's better defenses. He also said that he couldn't wait to get into the film room to see what else he could learn from it. He also said that he knew that he was checking down a little to quickly sometimes and he needs to adjust there. He took ownership of not seeing everything and knowing he missed some opportunities with BM that he needs to pull the trigger on faster. He sounded quite aware of what just did, and did not, happen with himself.

I actually thought the kid sounded smart, analytical, and had his head firmly in the right place for a rookie after his first start. Time will tell. One game won't tell shit. It used to be common as hell for young guys like Petty to sit for 3 or even 4 years behind a Favre, or Montana before they ever saw a down. Petty is doing just fucking fine so far.......

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I still think we win this game with Fitz ....Petty looked awful and isnt ready

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Petty split 1st team reps this week and was told gameday he is a starter.

All things considered I liked how he played. Special teams and everyone else including Forte let him down

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Then starting petty was the right move

12. BuzzKillington

He got up there and hemmed and hawed and tried to "aw shucks" his way out of an abysmal performance .

He even went so far as to say that his Mom was probably happy he didn't take any hard hits. (He actually said this ! Go back and listen!)

Here's a way to make your mommy happy, Brycey Boy. Move back into your Mommies basement, play Madden all day and STFU.

Bryce, bottom line is, you suck.

Good bye, and good riddance.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Petty did enough for me to not want to see anymore of fitz but thats about it. hopefully he gets a few more games. bowles needs to treat these next 6 games like its the preseason

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He said his mom was probably happy that he didn't take any big hits? Yeah she probably is. You're unreal dude. You have no sense of humor. Sure the Jets lost but these guys are human beings too, they can crack a tiny joke to try to brighten the mood. You're just a troll who doesn't like anything this team does. He could've thrown 6 tds and you'd still trash talk him.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  15. BuzzKillington

Nope.

If he performed well on the field, I'd be his biggest supporter. He didn't .

Then to get up there and make jokes?

Not a winner.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Remember, Petty was a 4th round pick because despite being smart, athletic and successful with great intangibles, he didn't play in a pro-style system and had to sit and learn the playbook.

One positive take away from yesterday was that Petty didn't show any indication of confusion about plays being called, didn't do the rookie thing of calling a timeout because he couldn't read the defensive coverage, and except for maybe one play looked calm and cool out there.

So I think a full week of practice with the ones and more work with Brandon and Quincy will help a lot.

I remain positive on the kid.

Dibben, hwismer and Cman68 like this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

We need to see him for the rest of the season (unless they want to see Hack too)...there is zero reason to go back to Fitz now

People saying he sucks might end up being right but I don't see how one professional game against a good defense with a scared offensive game plan can tell you everything

He did some good and bad things and incomplete is the right call

We have nothing to lose by seeing how he does the rest of the way

Freddy Mondo and Dibben like this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm very optimistic by what I saw yesterday. However I'm cautiously pessimistic. Many QB's who actually suck at the NFL level look good in their first start. Teams don't have film on them. I think when the league catches up to Petty yesterday may have been his NFL highlight reel. I could be wrong on this but if I was a betting man I can see Petty in his 40's whipping out his phone and showing his drug dealers film from this game while begging him for a discount on pain killers.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I read it and saw that the team we just played held us to 6 points without watching any film of the quarterback. I also saw that they said the guy who has been developing for almost 2 years on our bench "has a long way to go."

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They're need to let him throw against the pats. They need to draw up plays to let him throw. Conservative coaching does not allow for the development of a qb.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

#140 zace, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016