What If Geno Plays Well?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Oct 19, 2016.

?

What do we do with Geno?

1. Let him walk

35 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Prove-it deal

42 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. Franchise tag

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Other (explain)

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Petty and his possibilities. Even if he does only become just a good backup, there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm well aware that many Jets fans have had love affairs with Jets' backup QBs. You forgot the most popular, Brett Ratliff. I was never a fan of Clemens, McElroy or Simms, though I had some hopes for Ratliff. I think that Petty is a better QB than any of those 4 stiffs. None of those QBs can touch what Petty did in college.

You don't need to tell me about Manning or Petty. I know very well about their histories. I wasn't comparing Petty to them on the field. I merely used their names to show how stupid your comment was/is that unless someone lights it up from the start that they're not good nor will ever be.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that Geno sounds different since the last time we saw him under center?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Deeper voice? Accent? inserting references to monty python into the snap count?

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The scouts did view him like that not because of his lack of talent but because of the system he played in in college..there is no denying his 82 combined TDs and 8000 passing yards in the only two seasons he started. Also, it's not like Baylor is a slouch of a program either.

He certainly deserves his shot to start at this point.

#124 Don, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Say one thing about Geno he hit Enunwa right away and gave him a chance to run, even though it was only a 5 yard pass...Shitzpatrick throws that pass and its a 5 yard gain, he throws behind or in front of Enunwa

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

The little that he played I thought Geno looked OK. Still plays a little to much hero ball and needs to get rid of the football when a play isn't there.