Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thanks ive seen youre football insight, i like mine better. Your hero fitz will have 40 by the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

2. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

what yes again let's change the subject, did I say Fitz was a hero? did I say we should not play another qb when we bench him. the issue is you are stuck on geno smith so I really must question your football insight. You won't believe the stats or every other person. Nothing you say backs up any of your claims. Geno smith sucks was outplayed in the pre-season facts and stats prove it but you believe otherwise? But you question my football insight..... really
    You just be very lonely because your football insight is bad if you believe in geno smith

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh ive seen your fitz love in the past. Your stats prove nothing because playing against talent that doesnt make an nfl roster doesny equal meaningful. Its like garbage time td. For some reasom fans in this part of the country always want their 3rd stringers to start. Its baffling. If they had so much faith in him, theyd have never drafted a qb in the second round of this draft. Hes never played in a regular seasom game coming from a one read offense. Hes not ready nor is he better than smith. You put him out there now and hell get demolished.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

This shit has been hashed and rehashed. "Fitz is not nor will be our savior" What is confusing is why is Geno even on the roster? Fitz sucks? So why isn't Geno out there?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They must feel he sucks even more, there is no other answer unless you want to say Maccaghan should be fired the day they bench Fitz for wasting all that money on him. I wouldn't doubt at all that is why he is still starting.

FlaJet likes this.
  6. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

I don't think he actually sucks more, the organization has to save face now after having given Shitzpatrick all of that money. The Jets will come home after their road games at 1-5 unless drastic changes are made this week and that includes some position changes. I'm hoping QB is one of the positions but those expecting to see Petty over Geno must be smoking Trump Crack.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

But Cman here's my problem with that. Teams bench expensive players all of the time. Matt Flynn with the Seahawks. Heck Miami just benched Bryon Maxwell and he is one of the biggest paid CBs in the league today. Jets needed a spark.

8. Don

Yes, that won't happen but that is just another example of the FO and CS being clueless.

9. Don

Yes but not after an entire off season of melodrama like NY went through with him. If that happened and he just got benched nobody would give it a second thought but it did and it was front page sports news a lot. In the end we knuckled under to his demands and now for them to say they made a huge mistake probably won't happen.At least not until the media starts harping on it as that seems to be what motivates them.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Fitz conned the Jets, and the Jets let him.

Here's a guy who was ready to retire unless the money was right. This is not a person with an intense competitive fire burning inside of them. A guy who's never won anything as a starting NFL quarterback. This is a business man, and a good one.

The best success this franchise has had since I started supporting it back in the late 80's was when they drafted a QB and built around him. Yes, it was Mark Sanchez. The guy they wanted. Say what you will about him, but the franchise has been significantly less exciting since he left. A 4th quarter deficet never meant the game was over. No arguments to be made there.

That said, he wasn't necessarily the answer either, but the thought process was sound. Draft a guy, build around him, and ride out the storm until it pays off. This hired gun quarterback shit has to end, because it never seems to end well.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

They took a chance he had one decent year left and that they could somehow win ten games. The schedule made that unlikely. The money is paid and there is no future cap hit so it's not important to second guess the signing. Now it's time to move on and see if they have a better option in house or if they have to find a new one somewhere.

FlaJet likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if they gave Fitz 12 mil thats on them. I don't care what other qbs got in the market, there was zero market for Fitz he had no where else to go, they should have offered less take it or leave it .I wanted Fitz back but not for the amount he got and if they always felt this was a rebuild year anyways then just start Geno . That said if the guy is playing poorly regardless of position he needs to take a seat ,EITHER DURING THE GAME OR THE NEXT ONE, same can be said for guys in the secondary see Pryor and if Revis is hurt and misses a game or 2 it could be a blessing as we see what another guys can do .

Red Menace likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If you coach or GM the Jets, you shouldn't care what the media says. Gotta do what you gotta do to win in this league. No one cares if you made a mistake, but you have to find a way to fix it.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hey do not knock Direct TV I have it & in my opinion it is the very best HD out there :mad:

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U R aware I hope that the NYJs could have Dak over Hack? :mad:

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While I never wanted Fitz back, this was a rookie move by Mac so he should be held accountable for allowing himself to be taken advantage of by Fitz and his camp.

The one thing I believe about Mac is he is a quick study, he will never sign another scrub QB to big money.

The only thing that we have not considered is, what if Mac did not want to pay him but Woody intervened?

That would be a major reason TB and Mac do not get canned, if Woody did his imitation of Jerry Jones then he has no one to blame but himself.

17. Will

Will Well-Known Member

I was not a fan of resigning Fitz who I always considered a back up grade talent at best but Bowles has just gone on record as saying Fitz is still the starting QB. I had to watch the game with a Seahawk fan who almost looked embarrassed at the end. We saw Wilson drop bombs into tight windows and his receivers make one handed grabs even when we did manage to cover them - Fitz well not so good as the O faltered in the Red Zone yet again and he stared down targets and was off target too often.

The CS are really trying to avoid swapping out because if Geno gets a chance and also bombs they have to go back to Fitz with the other 2 QBs on the roster not ready to take the field at present. That would remind Mac of Houston last year and this is not the South were an 8-8 record will win you a Division.

Bowles does not like QB controversy and given the fact that so many of the vets wanted Fitz he may just let it play out - although TBH I think next week is going to be a massive train wreck when you consider what Big Ben and the Steelers might put up on offence and what is likely to happen if Fitz has to try and throw bombs to keep the Jets in the game - another multi pick train wreck.

The most worrying thing is the little faith the FO & CS have in what they have seen from Geno - they get a clearer picture of where he is than any of us posting here and not thinking he would be better than what we have seen is really worrying. What do they think he could do worse? That worries me so we are now caught betwixt and between two stools with neither looking stable.

The bookies here have the Steelers priced at 1/5 to win next Sunday straight up or -7.5 on the handicap - still Fitz will end up playing for $2 million in 2017 as if this continues he wont even be considered a mentor even in NY ashe has that built in as he retires - did not hear any boos Sunday which was odd considering the fans booed Geno when he just took the field in pre-season

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You have to realize that Zace lives in a parallel universe where stats are meaningless if they conflict with his points and the Jets are a do no wrong organization with an awesome head coach. Once you realize that he's easier to understand

rammagen likes this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

All those posters who called the anti-Fitz crowd Genobots and laughed should own up and admit they were wrong

It was never about Geno or Petty it was always about Fitz not being good enough and not worth the money or time. He hijacked the team for a whole summer and now we're paying for it just like some of us predicted

Section 336 likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I still don't see where geno would do better.

anyway with that said, shouldn't you be praising bowles for not giving him the 3 years 36 million like he wanted?