I was Wrong Again......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 2, 2016.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I believed in this team coming into the season. Thought they could compete with anyone, including the Patriots for the AFC East. However, they just are not good enough. Everyone is talking about Fitz, but the defense is what has failed this team. It's supposed to be elite and instead it is average at best. I never give up this early, nor am I now, but the Jets just are not very good. Not as good as the Bengals, Chiefs or Seahawks. We saw it first hand. Now are they as good as the Steelers, Cardinals, or Ravens? I don't think so. Hopefully they can win 2 of those 3 and end up (3-4). If so maybe they can make a miraculous run. At the moment I am feeling like an ass for AGAIN believing in this team. (8-8) looks much more likely than (10-6). And that is if they start to play better. Could end up worse. I never vent but it felt needed after today. Peace.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's the same shit every year.

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Defense has been disappointing and Fitz has been a disaster

4. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

8/8 would be a miracle right now

kevda5n9ne and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. You could be going to both @pitt and @Arizona like me. I dropped money on both tickets, plane, hotel. I feel great about these next two weeks.

Freddy Mondo and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything from this team to show me they are winning any of the next 3 games. Let's see how if any adjustments are made next week or if it's going to be a track meet with Brown and co. I agree that they have to find a way to take 2 of next 3 or this season is all but over.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we go 1-6 and we easily can there is no chance we will go 8-8. You already see the head shaking on the bench and the hands being thrown up on bad plays. This team is only a loss or two away of completely throwing in the towel.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

Yeah, That is a rough situation. Hopefully they can pull their heads out of their asses and make it worth your money/time.

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Cardinals suck this year too.

10. The Dark Knight

Let me add one more thing. This is what upset me the most: The Seahawks were a FAR SUPERIOR team today. In every way. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. Coaching. Chemistry. Just everything. That was so frustrating to witness. Even more so than shooting ourselves in the foot against the Bengals and Chiefs.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Watching them play the last couple of weeks, looks like that towel was tossed already

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

The Seahawks might be the best team in football. They have a top 5 QB. A top 3 D. Last week against the Chiefs was a no-show. First week against the Bengals was neck and neck with some costly errors. This week was just straight up being outclassed by a far superior team. The Jets showed up to play and actually had a decent gameplan early. But Seattle showed us that showing up is not enough to avoid getting defeated decisively. I am upset, but also have to tip my cap to them. NOBODY thought before the season that this week was going to be a W, we all had this penciled in for a loss. It just hurts more because of the Bengals and Chiefs games.

kevda5n9ne and Freddy Mondo like this.
  13. BuzzKillington

The Jets, like most teams, have 8-8 talent.

With a few lucky breaks, an 8-8 talent team can go 10-6. And, sometimes that's good enough for the playoffs.

At the same time, a few unlucky breaks can leave an 8-8 talent team at 6-10.

Throw in an inexperienced head coach with poor judgement and no passion, and you're looking at a 4 to 5 win team.

NYJetsO12, wewantsapp and Cman68 like this.
  14. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Don't worry. They'll win somewhere between 6-8 games to just miss the playoffs and get a lower draft spot which they will once again draft a defensive player (probably yet another defensive lineman since they can't get pressure).

15. BuzzKillington

At least the women in Pittsburgh are hot.

Just kidding, no they're not. They're a bunch of fat pigs.

And the beer out there tastes like piss.

Arizona is nice though.

16. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I agree that they will find a way to 6-8 wins. The schedule lightens significantly after the Ravens game. There will not be an actual bottoming out, probably just a very aggravating 7-9 season with a meaningless second half surge.

QB is, again, the biggest question moving forward. Fitz cannot be brought back next season, it can't even be a consideration. We need to try a young QB and the veteran backup should be someone that is no threat to take snaps. Fitz is just good enough to get you beat, I don't want him on the team next season.

17. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Fitz won't be back. Even if he had a decent season, he'd likely not be back. However, they spent a 2nd round pick on hackenberg so he's the "young QB" going forward even if he can't hit the broad side of barn from 3 yards away with a football.

BuzzKillington likes this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Same Ol' Jets,

I feel like I am stuck in groundhog day being a Jets fan for the last 30 odd years - poor QB play and a team that is just never good enough coupled with mediocre coaching staff.

kevda5n9ne, Freddy Mondo and Ghost50 like this.
  19. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Agreed. My fiancé went to Carnegie Mellon (not from PA), and then the next week is the bachelor party out in Arizona. All is not lost, except our season. Hopefully somehow we get surprised by this team, I just don't see it and was sour on the Jets since April when the schedule came out.

20. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Other than Brandon Marshall, i see zero leadership on this team. I don't see Mangold, Harris, Fitz, Forte, certainly not Revis or anyone else yelling WTF is going on??????