Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

We're not going to make the playoffs, so the Jets may as well hand it over to Geno Smith. If he continues to look like Sixpatrick, then turn it over to Bryce. Simply put, enough is enough...let's stop riding the Journeyman QB Roller Coaster. Bench the beard.

AJW, NCJetsfan and Section 336 like this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Fire nthe garbage coach and GM too. Too bad we don't have coach like Ryan or Quinn..oh wait..

TNJet likes this.
  3. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

This won't solve a thing unless you fire the coaching staff. If you put Geno out there into this play calling he will just get sacked a bunch instead of throwing interceptions.

FlaJet and TNJet like this.
  4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The game wasn't on Fitz. It was our secondary who couldnt stop anyone that killed us.

Out O-Line had some awful penalties that killed drives.

Fitz threw one bad pick to Sherman on a back shoulder route that a HOF CB read beautifully. The second pick was on Robbie Anderson and the third came when the game was decided and he was trying to push the ball down field.

Fitz should get benched when the Jets are legitimately out of playoff contention so we can evaluate Petty. Not going into week 5.

Ralebird, TNJet, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

kev is correct.

You aren't bringing in a QB who isn't going to be on the roster next year. Those are valuable reps that would be wasted.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The second one was on Fitz, it was a bad throw behind the reciever.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If Fitz plays the next 2 games that'll be in two weeks.

Burnz and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

If Fitz plays like Fitz the next 2 weeks the season is over

Gotta change it up right now, Bowles won't though

Burnz and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The guy has thrown 9 picks in 2 games and the team's longest offensive play over that stretch was when he fumbled and a receiver advanced it 40 yards. Take a seat buddy.

b.reyes16, AJW, MoWilkBeast and 13 others like this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Bowles won't be here if he doesn't do something. I cant see woody sitting by allowing him to the same things rex did.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah but his teammates love him and he's a good leader

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I heard he said he won't bench him and if it was up to Woody Ryan would still be here and we would be better off.

zace likes this.
  13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Maccagnan has to take some of the heat for this season. It's his job to hire people who can play football. Kellen Davis - you would be hard pressed to name one positive play this guy has made in 2 years. Braedon Bowman - Is it too much to ask a TE, even a FA, to catch a ball that's thrown right to him? He makes you long for Jeff Cumberland. Even with all his short comings, Jace Amaro was better than all the current TE's put together. It points out a big FO discrepancy between good teams like Seattle and the Jets. They bring in a guy last week (CJ Spiller), and this week he scores a TD. Jets bring in a guy last week (Seferian-Jenkins) and we don't even see him on the field.

AJW, TNJet, Red Menace and 1 other person like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Saw that too. We will lose next week to Pitt by a lot. This is where i question Bowles. Why when the season is clearly getting away from you, do you stick with him? Money, thats the obvious reason.

15. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

As bad as fitz has been. This really isn't on him, his end of the game interceptions past couple weeks when the game is out of reach doesn't bother me. The play calling has to change, its not working and fitz is never gonna carry a team. They need new approach.

The bigger concern is how god awful the pass coverage is. Im of the mind set baring a miracle this season is over. The whole coaching staff has done a terrible job. To much talent to have penalties like they do and these blown coverages every single game. Nothing is working right now. Gaily and rodgers have been terrible expecially rodgers.

Steelers and cardinals coming up. This could be a long nightmare of a season of they fall to 1/5. At that point they can throw in petty to see what he can do

AJW and BacktoQueens like this.
  16. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

If we had an alternative that was fit and healthy then I'd agree but going to our #2 on the roster just means we trade the INTs for sacks, fumbles and god knows what else.

Unless you are suggesting a trade or FA Vet?

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I watched a completely different game. I thought Fitzpatrick was their best player till the first pick today. The second pick isn't remotely on him and third is garbage time. Seattle has a good D. I thought he got hit a lot. The secondary was the story behind this loss.

Ralebird and TNJet like this.
  18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Sixpatrick can't lead receivers on the deep ball. If he could we would have put up 14 more points.

AJW likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah you definitely were watching a different game. He was anything but their best player. Just because he wasnt throwing interceptions all game doesnt mean he was effective at all.

He didnt move the offense efficiently at all. Some of thag goes on the line and holding, but they didnt fold till later in the game.

Freddy Mondo and Red Menace like this.
  20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I hear you. Its all a disgrace and I love how I wait all year for the nightmare of my life that are the jets. There to much blame to go around for me to even be pinpointing a few areas. Back to the drawing board again, this is year 35 for me lol maybe I should be fired

BleedingGreen55, AJW and NYJetsO12 like this.