Trade Geno or at least attempt to?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Sep 20, 2016.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Either our coaching staff thinks (too) highly of Geno or they just don't see what many fans see. JMO but I think we have had offers for him. Geno has all the physical tools to be a high quality QB but his field savvy seems to be lacking. Truth be told is If Fitz goes down we are going nowhere near the playoffs (even if Fitz plays we may not make it). Our CS just may too scared to pull the trigger.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Bears have been so good to us lately with Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte, they might as well give us something for Geno to put a bow on it.

3. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

youre telling me Bryce Petty cant do what Dak Prescott has been asked to do? Please. Identical situation, great line, weapons, simple gameplan if we had to go to him. Geno cant handle the complexities of adjusting ones iPhone for west coast time.

CBG likes this.
  4. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I thought about this last night, how the hell could they not win with those guys, also Greg Olsen/ Bennett

5. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

The Browns are trading for him. Their new GM is all about building through the draft.

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Clearly Petty doesn't throw well with his left arm

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well that settles the argument if Petty is a bust or not doesn't it..

9. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

This thread is a joke right? Trade geno? For what? A sack of shit? What makes you think we havent tried too? For fuck sake. Our 12 mil dollar a year starting qb no one wanted... Why on earth would someone want to trade for our back up sack of shit?

10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Thanks for your informative post and view anything else?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's absolutely no reason to trade Geno at this point and I don't think he's a starting NFL quarterback. I'm changing my opinion in now thinking that he's a quality fill-in if Fitzpatrick goes down for a game or two.

He holds more value to us than an extra 7th rounder will, which is literally all we could get for him.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree. Regardless of the score board it's evident that Garoppolo having years of experience within N.E's system is a lot more beneficial to N.E's offense than trotting out a rookie QB in Brissett where they needed to run trick play after trick play due to inexperience.

Same goes for Geno Smith and Bryce Petty. I love the potential and progress that Petty has made but he's only a 2nd year player with no experience compared to Geno (who like Garoppolo) has been around.

Geno has had his struggles. And he's looked bad at times but he's also been on the winning side of 11 ball games and even looked outstanding in most of our wins despite having zero offensive talent whatsoever (a worse than mediocre supporting cast) and had nothing close to 2016's offensive fire power throughout his journey thus far.

This is without question Fitzpatrick's team but I'm not sure some fans understand how fortunate we are to have a quality backup in Geno waiting in the wings for a chance if anything happens to Fitzpatrick.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

im not sure who would have interest... if your QB situation is bad, the solution isnt to add another bad quarterback. To me you bring in geno if he is cut as 3rd string depth. you dont give up an asset to bring him in and start to try and help a situation already going south.

why trade for Geno when you can bring in say, TJ yates and not have to give up anything?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If anyone was interested in geno he would have been traded already with all the QB's going down early. Obviously he has zero trade value as many have speculated.

Ralebird and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Then I guess each and every NFL backup has "zero trade value" because let's face it, there haven't been any QB's being traded as of yet. Using your logic it looks like Geno isn't the only one with no value.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Glad we agree.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  17. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Will Bowles consider making it not FitzTRAGICs team after an ineffective 6 int performance Vs the Chiefs - maybe keeping 4 QBs was a blessing as we can now start to play musical chairs and complain about them all!!!!!!!!

18. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

Bowles is stupid conservative. His coaching is as much to blame for this debacle as Fitz. You expect him to make a wise decision here?

19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If Fitz gets clocked by Seattle next week, do you admit the mistake and bench him since he is of no future value?

20. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Yeah trade him to the team with one of the worst QB's in the league... Real question is whether that's us or Cleveland...

kevda5n9ne likes this.