The offensive line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Sep 15, 2016.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Its a wonderful surprise to see them playing so damn well amazing job by the young guys please keep it up

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

When your O-Line is standing guys right up at the line and pushing them back where Fitz has no one around him ...that's pretty special.

That Said, there have been a few good hits on Fitz on some blitzes and times when He doesn't step up into the pocket...

But these guys are ballin' right now... then again...the bills.
    :)

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hopefully they're not just playing above their head and they'll be able to maintain the current level of play for a long stretch. Oline was my main worry this season and if it is ironing itself out, this team has a chance to do some damage.

They haven't been stellar, but they've been more than competent.

Jetsfansince95 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  4. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

The Bengals defensive front and pass rushers overall are a top level outfit and even with their injuries, the Bills are certainly above average if not better, particularly when you consider the aggressive blitz packages they threw at us early on and at various points throughout the game. After the first series or two, I was worried we'd be in for a long night with Hughes & Co and there were several occasions when the pressure came thisclose to sacking Fitz and forcing turnovers. Fitz deserves a lot of credit for his part in sustaining so many drives and running up our time of possession because we definitely exhausted the hell out of Buffalo's NFL Color Rush, baboon red asses...

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm beginning to love this offensive line.

Nick Mangold at the age of 32 (if he wants to) can play for another 2-4 years. At a high level of play. We're still fortunate to have Mangold leading the way at Center.

Ryan Clady (when healthy) has Hall of Fame pass protection ability @ Left Tackle. I'm 31 as of today. I was 21 back in 2006 when we drafted D'Brickishaw Ferguson. Throughout my entire 20's I was always confident in our QB's blind side being well protected during each and every snap of each and every game. Maccagnan never even gave me a chance to miss Ferguson; landing Clady was big time.

James Carpenter might've been our best offensive lineman last year. To the point where our entire fan base was confident with our LG position heading into the offseason. It's great news (per Bowles) knowing that Carpenter shouldn't miss any time.

Winters has been outstanding. Bowles wasn't lying when stating that Winters has been one of our top two most improved players throughout the offseason. Not only had a sound preseason but during our 1st two games he looks to be a mauler within the run game as a road grader & has been solid in pass protection (and Fitzpatrick has dropped back plenty thus far). Winters potentially coming into his own as a starting RG, at the age of only 25, can really help solidify this current offensive line.

With our RT position I'm taking a wait and see approach because I truthfully have no clue on who our starting RT will be come week 10. I'll trust our coaching staff with this one and hopefully someone will emerge as our best fit out of Qvale, Ijalana &/or Giacomini.

• With all that said it's so important for both of Clady to remain healthy and Winters to emerge as a quality RG. If this happens we can be in strong position to attack the draft.

I'm not saying to ignore our offensive line but if Clady remains healthy while Winters comes into his own we can be set on the offensive line at LT (Clady), LG (Carpenter), C (Mangold) & RG (Winters). We're great on the D-Line and we're absolutely loaded at WR. We're also set at SS with Pryor.

If our offensive line impresses this year we can attack skilled player positions throughout the entire draft such as an explosive HB with Forte being 30, a pass rushing OLB to compliment Mauldin/Jenkins, an IMLB with Harris getting up there in age could be a great move during the 1st round to play alongside Lee and even a CB during the 1st to play opposite of Revis. And if there's a can't miss ball hawking FS to draft in order to play alongside Calvin Pryor then that's another great round 1 option to take.

I can't stress it enough. Clady remains healthy and Winters continues to progress and Maccagnan, with this current roster, can really do damage come the offseason. Our offensive line showing promise will be huge for our foreseeable future moving forward.

6. Will

Will Well-Known Member

And just like we feared he fell back to earth but the ground did not break his fall and he plummeted new depths taking us all to the sixth level of hell (same as the number of ints he threw) with him. As stated after last week I am not a fan of his - he too often stares down receivers and goes for the depth low percentage throw when another receiver is open for a shorter, yet decent, gain,