Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Some of us did and we were automatically called "Genobots", just because we saw last season for what it was and understood we weren't winning because of Fitz.

Because we didn't want to overpay for Fitz it was assumed that it was an endorsement of Geno when in fact it was simply recognizing Fitz for what he is.
    The wins this team gets this year are coming from the running game and defense not QB play.

Jets69, Freddy Mondo and King Koopa like this.
  2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

That is the game there... not the drop, not the INT, not coaching...its 4 pts that we didn't get.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

unfortunately 189yds 2/1 td/int is still on pace for better than career ave numbers for the qb we had to have

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Wow. What a bunch of whiny crybabies. The QB played well enough to win. Some other guys ... Not so much.
    Sometimes I wonder if the over reactors on here watched the same game as I did.

In the game I watched, the defensive backfield gave up 366 yards passing even though the DL was eating the Bengals lunch all game. And the QB moved us downfield and gave us the lead with 3:00 left in the game. I also saw our star receiver drop a pass that would have set us up for the winning FG. I also watched our kicker miss a PAT and get a 22 yard FG blocked.

So let's blame the QB. It's ALL on him.
    How dare he not re-win the game again in the last 50 seconds!!

Is it possible for the comments on here to be more stupid than they already are?

Altoona, Bellows1, Andy_M and 5 others like this.
  5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Fitz is what he is. Not the answer but the holder of the kingdom. Petty should be the back up not Geno. I see other teams throw young QB's into games and we sit and wait. U want Geno? We'll see him this year and while I wish him well, I dread seeing this board when he blows up. With Fitz 8-9 wins. With Geno 4 at the most but hey we get a higher draft pick. Thursday will be interesting. LGJ

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That in itself is a separate thread. We need an upgrade at Qb. I personally think he's on the roster already and his last name is not Smith. 2017 might be our year.

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thank you.... good post. Talk about over reaction. WE lost to a team that was 12-4 ... and is very good. WE have 13 rookies on this team and frankly I posted about why we lost.

FlaJet likes this.
  8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

It's not his fault but god what I wouldn't give for a QB with a decent arm. I'm tired of him side arm throwing wobbly balls

9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Fitz was mediocre today. Especially that throw in the end zone to Decker in the 4th. If the route gets screwed up he needs to hold the ball, roll out, take it in himself or look for an open receiver. Create an opportunity, don't be a robot.

That being said, Marshall needs to make that catch with 45 seconds left. Feel like we win if he brings it in. Also a lot of Fitz' incomplete passes were because of tipped balls or getting hit by pass rush.

Tough loss. Long season. A lot of positive things from today. DL is dominant. Forte looks great, the OL created major holes in the run game and protected Fitz fairly well. Jalin Marshall is an electrifying KR/PR and we have a punter that can actually kick with hang time.

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

What did I say wrong there?

Fitz is bottom of the barrel like I've been saying since last season....Andy Dalton is what an average QB looks like....but atleast he can take the top off of a defense and make plays against a good d....something Fitz has never been able to do in his whole career

I wanted a Geno/Petty battle and to say goodbye to Fitz after he sucked in Buffalo

But whatever he's going to play and we're going to need to win the game on defense alone again...only this time we aren't playing the Titans every week

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Live by fitz die by fitz. It was another Fitzpatrick game. He can't pull it out against good teams. Fuck

King Koopa likes this.
  12. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

The reason I'm holding Fitz less accountable is everyone knows he weaknesses and strengths by now. They sign him knowing them so obviously he's the better immediate answer. Yet they don't structure things based on that.

You know he's gonna throw to receivers further down the pecking order if necessary. A lot of QBs don't, he will, so you coach them to be prepared for it.

You know he will run and not slide if it works.

You know he will force it into coverage if it is the only option and the time/score is a pinch.

Chan Gailey has to know this by now.

If they knew this through the coaching staff but didn't have time to work it that is Macc's fault for not getting the deal done sooner.

They have to know what Fitz can do. If he was the best option everything should be worked around it.

13. BrowningNagle

It's just so fuckin frustrating watching him skip passes to open recievers

Red Menace likes this.
  14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

If Marshall caught that ball we'd be in a good position to make a kick. If we would of kicked folk would of missed.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

#94 mute, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  15. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

Is it possible that last year was an anomaly?? How could the Jets not be successful with Fitzpatrick throwing mostly dumpoffs and screen passes? There's no need to have a quarterback who can throw a ball downfield right? The fact the Fitztragic is a perennial loser doesn't mean that he's going to be a loser again this year right? Nobody saw this coming.......

16. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm all for putting Petty in as the starter ... if he shits the bed we move on ... at least he gives us hope

FlaJet and june19 like this.
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yeah, being there live and above (Sec. 318) you really see how he tried forcing the ball to B. Marsh and how wobbly/gunslinging the throws were.

18. BrowningNagle

Forte was awesome. Nevermind who the QBs are, all they have to do is dump off screens to Forte to nickel and dime people and then hit the trees in Marshall/Decker occasionally.

This offense is set up for a QB to have success. Fitz was bad yesterday - the recievers were running open all day. We left so many points on the board

19. jxc

jxc Active Member

Let's accentuate the positive:
    Ryan Fitzpatrick has had 12 game winning drives in his career. That means he tied with the likes of..... let's see...
    Mark Sanchez and Matt Cassel.

Damn it Fitzpatrick!:mad:

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good reply. If you noticed my response on another tread I pretty much highlighted similar things. Leaving points on the board and getting torched in the secondary providing them great field position was vital.
    But I'm not giving Fitz a pass either, nor do I like the performance of the WRs. Drops, stupid interference penalties and errand passes at critical times. Fitz and the WRs did not loose it per se but did very little to give us enough of a lead. With him we can not open up the playbook and hampering our receives capability to extend the field of play.
    Had the roles being reversed, we would not have moved the ball in short notice to get into field goal range like Cinci did. We are totally unable to gain big chunks of yardage when we need it. We must have a QB with the ability to make all the throws when need be, win or loose.

Red Menace likes this.