Official 2016 Training Camp Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

So we drafted him in the fourth round to be the #3 then? When Mac said he thought Petty could be a good #2 with the potential to be a 1 he was lying?

2. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

Im loving everything I've seen and heard about Jeremy Ross so far. Really hope he makes the team

CJGreen likes this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think this makes much sense. Why would they draft a QB they say is a project in the 4th and cut him the next season? Unless he's a real fuck up I'd like to think they have a bit more patience.

Jonathan_Vilma and Sec124DieHard like this.
  4. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Link, please?

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

FlaJet and Burnz like this.
  6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont buy this lol.

There is no doubt in my mind that the coaching staff is praying Petty shows enough to unseat Geno as the number 2.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

OK but at this point, he's the bubble QB. We have 4 QBs on the roster. Geno has played better and is our backup with experience. They didn't love Petty last year. They won't dump the 2nd round QB. Unless Petty shows more and Geno takes a step back, there's just no room for Petty.

And I say this all as a fan of Petty. Biggest problem with evaluating backup QBs is that they are practice with depth receivers who don't run great routes, don't catch as well as starters, and just all-around have issues. It makes backup QBs look worse than they are.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8. Sec124DieHard

Poor attempt at trying to be funny, and has absolutely no correlation to the subject being discussed.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You must be the life of the party.
    Do you expect there to be links to everyone's opinion?

FlaJet likes this.
  10. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

Me too, but i dont think it will be easy for him to make the team unfortunately. Enunwa, Marshall, Peake, and Thompkins i think will make the team ahead of him. i really would rather keep him than Thompkins who I think double catches or body catches everythiing which is extremely unreliable in my personal opinion.

11. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

With our situation at TE im shocked we arent trying out more young TEs. I wonder if the FO truly thinks we are ok there, our CS doesnt value the position, or we are just blundering an opportunity to evaluate whats out there.

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Could be they already evaluated what's out there and didn't like what they saw?

Interesting choice of words.

FJF likes this.
  13. Sec124DieHard

Not at all, but way too often around here "OPINIONS" are stated as if they are fact

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If Ross makes it, Thompkins is the odd man out. Or Vice versa.

CJGreen likes this.
  15. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

That may be true, im sure they are scouting everywhere and there wasnt a single vet or rookie TE that was better than the undrafted QB that we brought in as a TE. That must really suck for the state on TEs as a whole or our evaluations must be extremely critical....or that Tebowesque guy is an amazing talent.

16. Walt White

Amaro was this close to having a big game vs Jax. Geno never saw him wide open twice, never looked at him. Petty missed him a couple of times, and he was just about open every time he went out for pass. Amaro was actually showing some frustratration, he was open all day

Hopefully Bostick shows something. I think Sudfeld is a goner and I don't remember seeing too much of Saxton either

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Or you were right in the original post and FO doesn't consider TE to be critical.
    Idk, I don't buy that Gailey has little use for TE. It's more that this year personnel is such that there is no need to bring another TE.

18. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

19. Walt White

Leonard Williams is gonna wreak fuckin havoc this year.

He's kind of under the radar right now but it's gonna be ridiculous.

Freddy Mondo, FlaJet, FJF and 2 others like this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Damn right. Could've and should've went top 3 during last years draft. Falling to #6 was an absolute steal for N.Y.

I'll never forget this kids 2nd preseason game against Atlanta. Had like 4-5 tackles but his sack in the end-zone for a safety was beautiful. Explosive. Both quick and fast. I knew we made the right selection right then and there.

Also made a big impact during only his rookie year recording 63 tackles along with 3 sacks while making the 2015 All-Rookie Team.

When in comparison to both Wilkerson's rookie year and Richardson's Defensive Rookie of the Year season; Leonard Williams rookie year was something to write home about.

2011- Wilkerson: 35 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble.

2013- Richardson: 42 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble.

2015- Williams: 63 tackles, 3.0 sacks, 0 Forced Fumbles.

At 6'5/302 lbs this 22 year old kid is an absolute animal and with the departure of Harrison should take on a much bigger role here in 2016 when compared to his rookie season of last year.

Really looking forward to watching all 3 of Wilkerson, Richardson and Williams feast throughout the season.

Leonard Williams is a 1st overall type of talent.