The early line is . . .

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Nov 6, 2006.

1. steviep

steviep Active Member

Pats -10

To give you an idea, Colts are 13.5 over Buffalo and Jax is 11.5 over Houston.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I'll debate that spread for a few days then pick the Jets just like I always do.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I would never bet on Jets games and I definitly wouldn't bet on this game. The Pats have too good of a track record against us in recent years.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets at Patriots (-10) is very tempting to pick the Jets.

Since they will win the actual game, the Jets really seem like the pick. :wink:

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'll take the Patriots for sure even if it moves up a couple points.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

In my office pool which is 125 strong and pays out 275 per week, I NEVER pick against the J-E-T-S!!!

My folks do the same..

7. GreyhoundJet

See, that is just a stupid move sometimes. If you are forced to pick on this matchup or a matchup like the Bears vs. Jets you have to take the other team. However, I would never put a bet on the Jets for or against. I have enough emotion riding on these games.

8. Penny2Moss

Penny2Moss New Member

So far I am 6-2 going with the Jets this year the only games that got me were Cleveland and when we got blown out

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

If 3 of the 10 points is "home field advantage," that means we're dogs by 7. I hate to say it, but NE looks stronger than a 7-point advantage to me.

Still... one can hope. There's always "on any given Sunday" or the right bounce or the advantagious fumble and turnover.

But better than that, I'm thinking Chad is waking up one morning this week saying to himself, "Damn it! I need to define myself and define this season! I'm going into NE balls to the wall and if I lose I lose, screw it! At least I went down trying to get the ball out there!"

I'm going with an emotional and optimistic 27-24 Jets win.

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

um i dont see us getting to many turnovers this week. Thers not enough pressure on brady to force a bad pass but mabey rhodes could force one on maroney?

11. GreyhoundJet

The biggest problem is that Brady is going to be able to pick us apart. We have to find a way to stop him if we are going to win

12. Hazardous Waters

:rofl: -10 is the betting line, not the turnover margin.

13. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I have never and will never bet against us but then again I am not a better. I also can't do the Fantasy thing either because I inevetibaly have to cheer on some one/team that, if they do well, may have an impact on our season. I love the idea of Fantasy but just can't seem to wrap my mind around wishing for any player of any team not sporting a JET logo doing well. Just me.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I hate when I have to root for a guy to do good to help one of my fantasy teams. Then in another league my opponent has the player. It happened yesterday with Philip Rivers. The solution would be to only play in one fantasy league. I may do that next year.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

obviously wouldn't put money on this game, but I think I might take the Jets in pick'em leagues.

16. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Loss vs. Indy is not going to sit well with Pats, making them less likely to give less than 100% effort. We won't be able to stop their run, and neither did the Colts, but as much as I hate to say it, Peyton > Chad.

I wouldn't bet the game, but the line is about dead on in terms of average margin of victory in the last seven games since the Jets beat the Pats last (30-17 in 2002). Jets have averaged 14.14 points vs. the Pats' 24.14 points.

17. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

Likewise. I never bet for/against the Jets. I only play the other games...

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Jets are 5-3 against the spread this year I believe. The only game that was not close was the Jax game. You can't just look at the teams records and say "oh they have a better record, I have to pick them".

3 of the 5 people still alive in my office pool picked the Phins this week. They would not still be in contention using your logic. Thats not a knock, just the truth. You would do better to pick the team with the prettier uniform, as a hand full of the girls in my office do.

19. GreyhoundJet

I guess the point I was trying to make was that if you are in an office pool or you are betting on an NFL game you don't just take the Jets because they are your favorite team as some people mentioned above. If you plan to win one of these pools or win some money and you want or have to pick the Jets game sometimes you might have to go against the Jets. In an office pool I would be much less likely to go against them than in a straight up bet. However, I can't see why anyone would put a bet agains their favorite team.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea nobody really wants to bet against there team, but sometimes it IS the logical thing to do. I certainly would not argue that. I've taken the Jets every time this year though, and they've been good to me so far.

Now, if say...Chad were to go down, it might be a different story, but as long as were healthy I see no reason to deviate from whats worked so far. I truly believe we have a shot to win every game remaining on the schedule. I don't believe we will, but we have a shot.