Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

and you say I am not from Germany, because of what you think my intelligence is?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think you are a troll and "Germany" was the first non-third world country you could think of.

So, Bad Tolz?

_

3. angryjetsfan

Well, you are wrong man, no reason to harbor hate

4. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

It's good to see that the average age that people continue to act like on here is still around 12. I like consistency.

Back to Fitz. Every day that goes by is good for the Jets and bad for Fitz.

rammagen likes this.
  5. JStokes

Don't flatter yourself.

I don't hate you.

You're an annoyance. Like a hemmaroid.

And you're not from Germany.

_

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

soxxx has stokes by the upper lip again I see

FJF likes this.
  7. JStokes

I don't understand how this douche continues to get past the mods.

Pretty soon he's going to start talking about his workouts and security guard academy and not being able to get into Mexico.

_

8. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

You all should just lay off they guy and get back on subject. I think its awesome.
    A non american liking football and picking the Jets as a team to follow and cheer for.
    How would you feel if you moved to Germany joined a forum after picking a team to like and get bullied by the other fan of that team.
    Granted I don't agree with his statements but is the US we are entitled to our own opinion no matter how wrong or right it may be.
    Seriously. The American dream didn't start in America.

That said Fitz isn't even worth the 7Mil a year he is being offered. His track record isn't great.
    For most of his Career he has been a below average starter on shitty teams.
    Never really brought in to be a stater just the guy ahead of him always gets hurt.

Fitz Career Breakdown:
    2005 Drafted 7th round by the Rams Signed a 3yr contract worth 953K per year. First 2 years NO playing time.
    Was going to get cut from STL but instead he gets traded to Cin for a 2008 7th round pick. Sits for a year with NO Playing time.
    2008 CIN resigned him 1yr 927K. That year Carson goes down with an Elbow injury and he starts 12 games 10 TDs & 20 Turn overs
    2009 with Carson Healthy, Fitz goes to BUF 3yr 6.9Mil deal. Trent Edwads gets benched after 0-2 and Fitz Starts for 2 years does OK
    2011 During the season Oct of the 2011 season Fitz gets a huge extension from BUF 6yrs 59Mil. After 1 year under the big contract Fitz gets cut
    2013 Gets signed by TN 2yr 6.5M to back up Jake Locker. Locker get hurt Fitz startes 9 games and TN cuts him in the Off-season
    2014 HOU signs him to a 2yr 7.25M deal to start but Ryan Mallet named the start in Preseason. Mallet goes down and Fitz starts 12 games does decent
    2015 Traded to the Jets. You know the story. but now Fitz wants 15Mil. WTF......My Maths aren't that good but something just doesn't add up.

Just because Hou and Phil way over paid for a QBs doesn't mean we have to. I'd lower the offer to him 2yr 12Mil and if he says no then move on

RexontheBeach and angryjetsfan like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So let's go with Petty then? We don't need to overpay to keep Fitzpatrick at this point because he overplayed his hand terribly. I like RG3 for the long term as much as anyone but it's obvious Fitzpatrick is the best option for this team in 2016. You bring in a new quarterback and it'll set the team back.

If the Jets re-sign Fitz, it'll show us what they think of Petty. If they go with RG3 then they don't think Petty is any sort of long term option. Either way, Fitzpatrick ultimately gives us the best chance to win games next year when you factor in continuity of knowing the system, coach, offensive personnel, etc.

I wish we had a better option sometimes but we don't. Meet him in the middle at $11 million/year fully guaranteeing his contract next year and be done with it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. JStokes

He's not a German, he's not from Germany, he's a previously banned troll.

_

11. angryjetsfan

Thank you man you are the only one on this forum whom seems to not be a rude person

12. angryjetsfan

and how would you know that guy? You assume I am not from my country because of what I post, you seem to have a lot of anger in yourself for no reason and should try relieving yourself somehow

13. JStokes

Sure soxx.

You don't know shit about Germany other than what you can google.

Nice troll job.

_

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Kool.

Willkommen to the site broski.

What part of Deutschland do you fare from?

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wo wohnen sie?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. As I have stated on another thread, the real value Fitz brings to the table is not wins and losses for 2016 but continuity for this team and for Petty's development. Bryce will benefit the most by learning the critical mental aspects of the game, reading defenses and proper decision making as a result.
    Problem is Fitz knows that and also knows the lobbying on Mac by the likes of Marshall and Decker and even Forte and has severely overplayed his hand. So, if the value is out of the question. AND, IF the front office is not sold on Petty then role the dice with RGIII now. I think RGIII has a much higher cealing than Fitz, and could be deadly on this offense.
    If they are sold on Petty, but is a year away from being competitive, well then we know the answer, which we collectively dislike, that is roll the dice with Geno. To me is either that or take a major leap of faith and start Petty and risk the consequences. With either option put the money to good use on a much needed Offensive lineman to protect whomever is under center.

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am from Germany too.

And also angry douche bag isn't soxxx.

Soxxxx was a polite kid. This angry guy is a total douche bag.

@Petrozza

Will you read Jets board a little sir? :)

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Just ignore Jstokes he didn't get enough hugs from his mommy when he was a boy.

19. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

It seems they have a click around here and they don't get ban. I was ban for saying "I don't care what people think about me on here".

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol I seriously doubt it.....You wouldn't get banned for that stop making up nonsense.I hope you were,whoever did that should get a gold star and an ice cream cake