Ben Graham- Probowl Bound

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i love your avatar...does the triangle and the rainbow streaming from it have some sort of symbolism?

2. balthaz

balthaz New Member

It's not a symbol it's an illustrative scientific figure. It's also an album cover.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

1. I know its an album cover ( pink floyd)

2. my comment was sarcasm

3. I didnt say it was a symbol....i asked if there was some sort of symbolism to it

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You don't deserve to wear that avatar.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i concur!!!:beer:

6. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

thats gold!!!!!!! :):):)

7. GreenMachine

You are a trool and I am in a bad mood. Not good for you.

8. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

nice one...altho i didnt take offense to it...if you DONT wake up like that in oz, then it was a bad night :)

us aussies have thick skin

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You sir, have done this board a favor. The guy was a virus from day one....

10. frank_in_oz

frank_in_oz New Member

I was slightly confused, thought it was a typo.

Urban Dictionary
    1. Trool
    A troll plus a tool.

Wow, that guy is a troll AND a tool, what a trool.

Perfect description :rofl:

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I think that TGG has officially coined its first word. TROOL, courtesy of GreenMachine.

I like it, I like it, alot....

12. Benny & The Jets

Benny & The Jets New Member

Westhoff on Graham......from nyjets.com

On using Ben Graham to kickoff…

It something that we’d have a lot of work to do on. I’ve tried it, this is something he does not have in his background. It would take some work, from what I’ve experienced it certainly would not happen now. It’s not really a motion type of thing that he’s done. In his game they’re (Australian Rules Football Players) are extremely adept at catching, running and kicking. It’s a different skill, totally different and from what I tried it was a long ways away. We’ve worked on everything that he’s done and continue to try and do but that’s down the road. It’s only his second year and not only his second year but it’s his second year doing this period. Our punting skill and the Australian rules kicking skill are different, very different techniques. So he’s had a great deal of learning, we made a drastic change this winter, just a little bit of a wrinkle, a small thing but a big thing. He’s so athletic that he accepted it well and handled it very well. He’s a good punter, he has incredible strength. I’ve been very fortunate to have some really good punters as a coach, I didn’t teach them how to punt, I was fortunate enough to be able to have them and be able to help them, going back to Ron Stark and Reggie Roby, then John Kidd led the league and Matt Turk, those guys were really good punters. Ben is really capable, not that he’s one of those guys, but I’m familiar with very good football players and Ben Graham is a talented man and has really done a heck of a job adapting to a skill that’s in a lot of ways foreign to him. Now there’s a consistency that’s not really there yet. It was evident in the one real poor punt he had against New England, he just missed. That certainly is the odd kick, he hasn’t had too many of them. Right now he has the ninth best net in the league and he’s second at most kicks inside the 20. We’ve also had three, very, very unfortunate deals. He had that 61 yard net against Detroit that we get brought back because we step out of bounds. Frankly I believe that’s a rule that will be changed some day. The punishment doesn’t fit the crime, but that’s a part of our game its always involving, I’m very involved in that as a coach, I like that part, so that was a shame. Then we had that great punt at Jacksonville, B.J. Askew made that incredible tackle, 56-yard punt, with a minus three return, then we get called for a push in the back, which frankly that’s my rule, I was involved in writing the rule last year. It’s one of those things that you could see it called, it’s unfortunate that it happened, it’s really kind of quirky, then it comes back and we have a technique error and have a punt blocked. If you give him (Graham) those two nets, we’re leading the league. I’m really happy with Ben Graham. Ben Graham is really a guy that performs every day. The one thing about him that you constantly see is he’s always striving to get better. He studies himself, we study the tapes, we chart everything and every day he works to do something better. I admire that in anyone, certainly how hard he’s worked. A guy who has just come out of nowhere, that really never punted. When I look at some of the guys I’ve had, they’ve had whole careers and here’s Ben and really it’s a pleasure to see how hard he’s worked.

On the technique they worked on in the off-season…

It was just a little thing in the footwork, just a minor adjustment when he started, but it looks minor when you talk about it, but it actually takes some work. Ben is very athletic and he never held and he’s a very good holder. We just worked, we just did it, in the off-season. It was Easter weekend, we were here and he learned and he’s become very proficient at it. So here is a guy that really works at his skills and his trade.

13. GreenMachine

I will pretend it was not a typo..:grin:

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, I suggest to any of the Aussies interested in hearing Graham stuff to check out the Westhoff interview on http://newyorkjets.com/

He talks at-length about Graham and pretty much gushes about Benny.

15. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

Thanks for that Benny
    Good post.

16. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

good read, hard, but good

17. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Anyone seen TBird lately?

18. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

He is usually away during the weekdays.
    He mostly only posts right after games

19. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

I bumped this one up, coz i knew it would catch the Aussies eye's.

Anyone heard from TBJ ?

I'm having withdrawal symptoms without the "BEN GRAHAM REPORT".
    So i thought I'd bump this to get the Aussies talking (I don't have enough posts to start a thread yet.)
    I guess Ben is going OK without being great either, or we would have heard something through TGG.:grin: :grin: :grin:

20. GreenMachine

The best Graham report i can give you is the majority of his punts were crushed...HUGE kicks, but alas they trickled into the endzone. If Jets players were there we would have pinned the Bears down. I think he had 1 punt travel 65 yards.