Todd Bowles and other Jets end of season presser.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RIPJimLeonhard, Jan 4, 2016.

1. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Just wanted to make a place where we can all talk about Todd Bowles season ending presser he just had and any other Jets comments.

Big comments I noticed from Bowles is saying that he wants Fitz back and if he is back he will be the starter. Also said he wants to give Milliner a chance to compete for starting job next year, which is strange because he refused to play him this year. Maybe he thought he wasn't caught up on the playbook/didn't like the idea of playing a guy who missed so much time? Kind of like how he doesn't play players who couldn't practice for the week.

Any other comments from Bowles or other Jets players you guys want to discuss feel free to here.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Fitz played awesome football and got us where we were. Of course he wants him back. What better option do we have to start?

And I think Milliner didn't play because he feels he needs to learn more. Spending this year on the bench behind guys like Revis provides great mentorship

3. iJet

iJet Member

Connor Hughes reported that he believes Mo won't be back. Is there any other news referring to this?

"In my opinion, I do not believe Muhammad Wilkerson will be back."

"“We’re going to have discussions, that’s going to be one of them.” - Bowles on if Wilkerson should come back."

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well then you tag and then trade him. Re-sign Snacks...Hope Leonard develops and fix other areas.

Love Mo though

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Is that an actual quote from Bowles or just some media blowhard trying to get views?

If its the former then that's pretty shocking to be that open and direct, the latter not so much.

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Brian Costello said on the radio he think's they will franchise him while working on a new deal. Just a bunch of reporters giving there opinion nothing fact based. I get the feeling that they will franchise him and if they can get a 1st for him they would do it.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I really want to know the truth behind Ivory's playing time yesterday. Obviously he's been limited in recent weeks. And with Powell's emergence it wasnt as noticeable. But yesterday is just inexcusable.

If a RB is limited he at the very least will still get 12-15 carries. Not 6.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

LOL, YEAH OK Revis!

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

didnt listen so any input is appreciated.

as far as bowles, i dont really care about his take on players coming back. i want to here what Mac thinks, as he makes that call for the most part.

from bowles, i want awnsers from yestarday. did he address:
    -his team looking unprepared
    -the constant 10 yard cushions on bills WR on 3rd downs
    -the play calling once we got to the bills 15 down 19-17 that resulted in a pick
    -all of the penalties and 10 men on the field and back breaking misques

angryjetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I think he meant like back and forth like in actual motions. The way Sammy broke his ankles by moving back and forth. That kind of back and forth. Otherwise I don't know what he saw out there. Yeah he made a couple of plays but Sammy ate him up all day on those short/intermediate routes. Don't think that was on Revis, they should have used him in tight coverage and get him some safety help for those deep balls. Instead they move him back 10 yards each time, why do we pay this guy 15 mil. per year to basically defend Watkins like any backup corner would? Just dumb game planning.

angryjetsfan likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

I didn't get that impression at all, he made it seem that there was an actual battle between Revis and Watkins going on. Revis is a great enough player with enough credibility to make game-plan changes to the secondary or have his input on the game-plan. I think Revis made like 1 or 2 plays yesterday.

Revis gets no pass from me.

12. gordy

gordy Member

This is what worries me about Bowles. So obvious what to do and he doesn't do it. Unless there's something we are all missing Bowles is being pretty bad.....in a bad way.

13. iJet

iJet Member

First one is from connor.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe he was referring to the first game?

15. 101GangGreen101

Then that would make him look even worse to be honest ... Revis giving himself a pat on the back for a few pass deflections ...

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He sure as hell beat feet out of the lockerroom before he could be interviewed. Pussy move IMO.

17. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

From the pressers:

- Brandon Marshall felt it was an overall team loss, that fitzpatrick played well except for that first pick in the end zone. Talked a bit about how the redskins had used it before on the bills but the bills had film studied well. No moral victories for the season.

- Ivory wasnt 100 % but Bowles mentioned it being a personnel package thing. When a reporter asked what ridley brought that was different to Ivory, Bowles responded that he didnt bring anything different and it was a personnel package thing.

- You could see that Fitz felt responsible for the loss from his body language.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

18. 101GangGreen101

I wish we never resigned him to begin with. Thanks for tampering Woody.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We dont sign him, we are most likely going to end up being Buffalo in the AFC East standings 8-8 or worse

20. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

lol, he was every decent receivers bitch this season, they should of got a way less costing and good CB, because at this point revis is extremely average and is regressing fast. Hope the jets are smart enough to cut him in 2017.