What we learned today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jan 3, 2016.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Good has no place in thus thread.

_

3. joewilliefan

joewilliefan New Member

I think if the offensive coordinator would have been a little more creative with his play calling or play design the jets would have had a chance. The defense didn't play great, but if the offense did their job, then all is forgiven. First move I would make is a look for a new offensive coordinator. I would have started this game with a no huddle first drive to get the team rolling. Same old jets start to game run, run, pass.

4. DanR

DanR Active Member

Once again, this site shows that it only works in extremes. Last week, people on this site were ready to name their first son Todd and their first daughter Todditha.

Where's the balance on this site? Where's the middle?

Royal Tee and Jake like this.
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's crazy. You're either Belichick or Kotite here.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

After Bowles chewed the team out and got rid of Coples followingthe Houston loss we started winning

IMO players in this league/team have to be reminded they can be cut : this is the Parcells, Bellichek, Tom Coughlin way of doing things. The latter group are all SB winners.

As Ive posted before, Bowles has to get angry, tougher more often

Say what youwill but when Deroucher said "nice guys finish last" he knew what he was talking about when it came to players

Mac has to be figuring the same thing

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Exactly. We lose a tough one, and here comes the March of the Crybabies. Thread after thread on this site gets filled with the SOJ bullshit. We won 10 games of a 16 game schedule. One of the 10 best records in the league. Good enough to make the playoffs probably 80% of the time. Unfortunately not good enough this year ... so everybody sucks, let's blow the whole thing up.

Just brilliant. SMH.

bandwagon likes this.
  8. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Didn't read a single thing but want to say I don't blame this on TB. Sure wasn't his best performance and he's had a couple clunkers I have confidence in him going forward. The Bowles/Mac combination is legit. We had a balanced football team good on both sides of the football. We'll be contending for a playoff spot the next few years as long as we make the right moves to improve our areas of need.

I blame and give a lot if credit of this week 17 debacle to our old pal Rex. As a guy who had nothing left to the season but to stick it to the team he coached for the last six years I'm not shocked he came up with said gameplan to take us out. Fucking sucks we don't get to play Cincy, who knows what could've happened but we just got to be angry about this loss and come back stronger next year.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

10. JStokes

Who's chopper is this?

_

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Ok first of all I disagree with the Bowles statement entirely,I think Bowles could be a great coach and I like the approach he takes.Yes Bullock is shit but we all know that,Revis isn't a "Myth" he just isn't Revis of 09-10 anymore that was along time ago.The d line isn't overrated it just isn't a QB sack machine if if we had good pass rushing LBs the D line is capable of opening plenty of holes for them.Fitzpatrick had his worst game of the year today

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Whoa. That's even too negative for me, and I am pretty dark hearted about the whole project.

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Not bullshit! It's not like the Jets lost to a playoff bound team. They lost to a mediocre team with a lot of issues, not the least of which was their coach. Yet the Jets, famous for winning games they're supposed to lose and losing games they're supposed to win, did the latter yet again. So if people want to say SOJ, they are well within their rights!

14. VT16

VT16 Member

While I won't go as far as the OP, I don't disagree with some of the basic ideas expressed.

-Bowles has a lot of work to do for next year. There have been some times where he's made some really questionable decisions, such as time management issues and being slow to make adjustments that should seem obvious. He does, though, seem like a smart guy who can get those things ironed out. Parcells thinks he can be the real deal, so I'm not overly concerned on this front as it was only his first year. If we're sitting here having this same discussion next year about him making similar mistakes all throughout 2016, then it'll be time to revisit that conversation.

-I was never on the Fitzpatrick bandwagon at any point this season, so his regression today didn't surprise me one bit. We need to look for a new QB in the offseason. Whether or not we find one, that's another story, but they need to at least bring in another veteran to either take the job or, at the very least, compete with Fitzpatrick and Petty for the job. Fitzpatrick is an average QB, the kind of guy you want as your backup because he can come in and win you a few games. He's not the kind of guy you hang your future on as a coach or GM, nor is he the guy who can take a team on his back and lead them to the playoffs. We need to find that guy. Hopefully it's Petty.

-The front office didn't do themselves any favors with Revis this year. Yes, he saved them from a possible fan revolt, but they paid for the 2009-2010 Revis and he's nowhere near that anymore. He's still a very good CB, still one of the best in the league, but he's not worth the money they're paying him. Still, we're obviously better off with him than without him. What we really need to iron out on the defense is the LB group. We need younger, quicker LBs who can both cover and pressure the QB. If we could have gotten to the QB more this season, some of Revis' age-related shortcomings wouldn't have been as apparent.

15. JStokes

What the fuck have you been watching?

Regression?

He had a bad game.

ONE game.

He's been one of the best QBs in football for the last 6 weeks.

If you weren't on the Fitz "bandwagon" at "any point this season" then you've got a serious agenda or are a Genobot.

Are you kidding with this shit?

_

16. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Well after his 4 poor years in Cleveland it was clear was not an nfl caliber coach.