Bellicheck Chose to Defend in OT

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I tweeted to roger and asked if the refs had money on the game. That was embarrassing for the refs and Jets to get held every other play and only get one call. They left decker open on the side line and all of sudden they want to fix the clock? Let's call a time out for the cheating lying bastards so the can get the defense fixed? F them they should not be allowed to work another pats or Jets game again

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

distinct possibility. Watched the replay of the 2nd half last night. After he got whacked a couple of times it looked like he tore his labia and started throwing it away pretty quick.

TNJet and rammagen like this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I understand your logic and from that point what you say could be the reason, but it still is such a risky maneuver. Yeah, the momentum of the game was on their side, especially on defense, but anything can happen in football. A DB could fall down and give up an 80 yd TD in the blink of eye. Remember what happened to the Jets in Minnesota. All it takes is one bad play and you're plus one in the loss column.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Pats were beat up. They were fielding scrubs on the OL, Vollmer was already lost for the game, he probably thought another drive might expose Brady to getting killed. Played for field position and hoped for the best. They had fouls to give.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well turns out it didn't really cost the Pats anything as Cinci choked away any shot at home field in the playoffs and it might mean Pittsburgh is out as well.

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This was exactly it.

7. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Jeez, have the Patriots EVER lost a game fair and square? Every time they lose, the fans think it's because they lost by design, or they got fucked over by the refs, or it wasn't fair to say they REALLY lost because they had key injuries...for fuck's sake. At least we Jet fans have the ability to call our team out when they play like shit.

Belicheat made a dumbass decision: He thought they would stop the Jets easily, then they could get into field goal range and end it. I guarantee that's what was going through his head. It had nothing to do with trying to get the Steelers out of the playoffs or any dumb shit like that.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

and jftr, Fouts sounded like a conspiracy nut during the toss...wtf

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Its this odd rationalization that comes from being a fan of a really successful team and not being able to cope with anything short of excellence the way MOST other fan bases could.

Cant give ANY credit to an opposing side or admit faults with their own team or heaven forbid its coach, oh no, no, no, no, NO… It was all a part of the plan! The Pats lost ON PURPOSE, so its, like, they actually WON! even though they LOST!

Because Brady is perfect and Bellichick is a genius and nothing could stop them but self-sabatoge. The Jets didn't win, the Jets couldn't POSSIBLY win on their own power because buttfumble! No, the Pats CHOSE to lose, because that idea fits my spoiled ass football fan reality more comfortably than admitting my team was inferior if for but one week.

Pats fans apparently take losses like adults who get chicken pox for the first time, yeah most of us are prepared due to previous exposer but for them its like a major emergency.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

And it took the heat off of Kirk Cousins gaffe before halftime against the eagles.

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

LOL.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Belichick has the better track record. It's that simple. And sometimes he's pull it off. Sometimes he doesn't. The 4Th and 2 call is another one where Belichick made the wrong call. Ok. He really doesn't give a s**t what people think. He's still the best in the game and maybe one of the best of all-time.

I don't agree with the decision but I don't think it was as bone-headed as it seems. But it was definitely a calculated risk. The idea that the Patriots D could stop the Jet offense from scoring with their possession is not a crazy judgement. Then all the Patriots need is to get close enough for Gostowski. I wouldn't do it but it was a reasoned and calculated decision that didn't pan out. Maybe people ought to give the Jets more credit for rising to the challenge. ;)

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The lack of an illegal hands to the face penalty on the White TD pissed me off, it was clear as day and all the idiots in stripes missed it.

matt robinson 17 and Big Blocker like this.
  14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The Pats must be a calculated cheat

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

^
    If you only looked at the scoreboard, you might agree the Jets' O was "terrible". But that was more about the one fumble, some dropped passes and some questionable play calling going outside and imo playing into the strength of the Pats' D. But the running game was mostly effective, and the Pats could not stop Marshall. And eventually Decker.

If Enunwa makes that catchable catch before the end of the fourth, Belicheat would not have even had the chance to call the coin toss. The point is I do think it was a mistake for him to rely on his D, and risk not giving his own O a chance at getting the ball. I think most agree.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how exactly is it a calculated decision? all of the football metrics say that was the wrong decision. I've yet to see any statistical basis that would let me understand how it could even be considered a reasonable calculated decision.

Belichick was playing against a top 10 offense in the NFL, with the best QB in the freakin game on his own sideline and he elects to kick it to that offense and not let his QB get the ball. That's about as stupid of a coaching decision as it gets. I wish people would say that.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we missed very closely on quite a few chances for big plays, the Enunwa play one of them but there were others that were extremely close to resulting in a big play.

the Jets dominated the game on both sides of the ball until Brady did what Brady does and led the game tying drive.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Saw It too very obvious these refs suck

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

What happened to the vaunted 5 wide hurryup QB sneak they always use on 3rd and 1?

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I still can't understand why Brady didn't get at least one and likely 2 intentional grounding flags.

The second one MAYBE the back was in the vicinity but the first one he was clearly in the tackle box, he clearly threw the ball into the ground to avoid a sack, the ball never reached the LOS and the only Pats anywhere near were interior lineman.

--

Royal Tee and NY Jets68 like this.