CAN'T WAIT- Week 16: The New England Patriots at the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 19, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

in the words of herm, we need to "play to win the game" this time around. none of this let the clock run out before halftime with a minute left of playing super ultra prevent on 3rd and 17.

if we are going to beat them it has to be flawless from coaching to special teams to pass rush to coverage, to discipline penalties wise to not fumbling, to good qb play.

everyone needs to come into this game the way we went into that playoff game. geared up and looking, not hoping, to win

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I've been hearing almost everywhere that Edelman isn't returning untill week 17. I've also seen that Gronk may have re-tweaked that knee a little and I saw Amedola getting fucked up and Pat Chung go down.. Pats can play us hard all they want.. but i don't see it being smart as they have barely anything left on their roster going into the playoffs as it is.. This is a rivalry but I don't think NE will be that dumb. Players with any type of injury will most likely be verrrry limited.

Jets 31-21.

Lets go get revenge on Sexy Rexy.

TNJet, NYJetsO12 and Axel3419 like this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The selfish fan in me wishes Bowles didn't give the guys today off as well lol. They get back to work tomorrow.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If Edelman and Amendola are both out it opens up a lot of stuff defensively. Revis on Gronk, Revis erasing LaFell with a Cro + Pryor bracket on Gronk, etc. I really think we can keep them under 25 if neither receiver plays.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Patriots just signed Steven Jackson. The rich get richer. Even if he has nothing left in the tank, he has as fresh legs as possible. He will probably play great for them. :mad::mad::mad:

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Granted I'm sure he's been working out, but he's been out of football for over a year now.

Fresh legs indeed, but can't expect much out of him. Especially if he is active this Sunday.

7. largojetfan

largojetfan Member

Gotta have the OL establish the run I think in order to win this game. And pass protect. It's not all about stopping Brady.[/QUOTE]

No. But it's a lot about stopping Brady.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Gronk is fine as far as I know, Edelman you can almost guarantee won't play, Amendola and Hightower are the ones who tweaked previous injuries, not Gronk. Chung has a hip pointer.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  9. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

This pickup stinks like a lot of other bad ones. Banging the hot girl in high school > banging the girl that used to be hot in high school at your reunion.

He's 33, and his last season was unremarkable. I'm not expecting much.

I think with the Pats wounded as they are, they match up even worse than they did earlier in the season. I really don't know what to expect out of this game Sunday. Hankerson could have a breakout game, they can stretch the ball vertically now which they haven't been so great at recently. I haven't seen TB12 go deep and accurate often. I'm not sure if it's a lack of reps, age or puppy dogs on the offensive line but it's pretty scary to see him hang onto the ball for more than 2 seconds.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The last time we played them Bowles didn't have Richardson going out and absolutely punishing receivers from time to time, like he did in recent weeks. I am looking forward to that happening in this game. Brady with the dump off to Amendola only to see him get fucking destroyed by big Sheldon. I like that when they use it sparingly all things considered I'd like to have Sheldon rushing the QB but it definetely does affect the receivers and the short passing game when he punishes them from time to time...

also, last game Pryor went out in the 1st half. Looking forward to seeing him defend that passing game instead of Deon Bailey

11. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Their chances of clinching the #1 seed is more likely in week 17 than vs. the Jets this week.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Albert Haynesworth says hello

13. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Always exciting to play the Pats, but the Steelers win yesterday really put a damper on my mood. I think we find a way in this game, but it ultimately may not matter.

LAJet likes this.
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

With their injury list Vs our active list........I'm quitely confident we might be able to pull this one off.

Still need to bring our game like we did last time out and not give anything up on ST.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  15. JetLifeLo

I feel like we still are just as alive as KC and PIT.. I trust the chiefs to win out..and win that division as Denver continues to struggle. Not sure which young average joe will survive that Cinci and Denver game but i hope it's AJ. I really don't think we're losing to the Pats.

16. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

This.. Those players who are limping and could use the rest will stay out. They already have a 1st round bye and they could still win HFA without a win against the Jets'.

I also heard that Edelman is best likely for week 17.

I honestly don't know what to expect from the Patriots for this game. Certainly it will be tough but a lot will be put on the backs of the Patriots D to keep the game close.

The Jets are an odd team. They barely beat a crappy Dallas but that was away and this game is at home.

I would not be surprised by a Jets win here..

17. JetLifeLo

Stephen Jackson some ass

18. JetLifeLo

In dallas's defense everybody has barely beaten them. lol. But yeah the Jets are a wierd team.. play to the opponents level for some reason usually.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You think the leopard changed his spots? I disagree. He needs to be harrassed from the time he wakes up Sunday morning. We'll see what riles Brady these days.

20. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Another thing to keep in mind vis a vis the Patriots playing their injured players full-game is that a Jets win might actually benefit the Patriots with respect to the only thing that matters - winning the SB. A Jets win opens door for Steelers to lose and be out of playoffs... and that would be a fairly huge thing for AFC contenders. Patriots will win in Miami week 17 so the #1 seed is all but locked up anyways.

LAJet likes this.