People I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think we have a legit shot at making the Superbowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

First we have to make the playoffs of course but if we were to make it.....is there a team that we should be afraid of as just a terrible matchup?

Let's look at the AFC:

Patriots
    Broncos
    Bungles
    Colts/Texans/Jags
    Chiefs/Steelers

Other than the Patriots and simply who they are, who are we afraid of? The Broncos have Brock Osweiller as their QB, Dalton is out for a while with a thumb fracture and AT BEST, they can pray and hope that he'll be ready for the playoffs in the meantime they have AJ freakin' McCarron as their starting QB. We destroyed the Colts already, the Jags have talent but they still suck, the Texans have a good defense and has beaten us already but I honestly feel like we'd be ready for a return game. I honestly don't know much about the Chiefs, but they started 1-5 for a reason, and the Steelers have to score 35 points on O, because their Defense is terrible. And the Pats are obviously the Pats but they are so banged up, and we always play them so well that I think we have a good shot at beating them. I don't even care if i jynx it, because I have to have some goddamn confidence in my team, we can do this people. we have one of the best Offenses and Defenses in the League, but first we have to get in.

tpaleologo likes this.
  2. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

The odds are stacked against us to make the playoffs. Should we finish 11-5 and make it, I think we would have a not so terrible shot. The NFL doesn't have many dominant teams this year, especially in the AFC. Of course the other AFC contenders are thinking the same.

I think Carolina, Arizona, and Seattle are all better Super Bowl contenders than anyone in the AFC, except for the Pats if they get healthy.

3. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Agreed about Carolina, Arizona and Seattle being better SB contenders. However, if the Jets do make the playoffs, then who knows what can happen. The AFC isn't practically strong this year aside from the usual Pats team. Bengals losing Dalton is a big blow.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Jesus, seriously we are a longshot to make the playoffs.. And thats what i am praying for. there is no fucking way we win 3 road games against denver/ cyncy... Then the pats and maybe then pitt/ denver/ cincy. I pray i am wrong but you sir are high. we will not face indy or whatever garbage team wins that division cause the only chance we have to make the playoffs is as the 6th seed...plus my guess is manning will be back for denver.. Not brock

Pocket Jet and jerseyjay14 like this.
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Delete delete delete

6. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I've just bought my tickets. Don't let me down - I want to see Brian Winters lifting the VLT.

74 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we haven't even made the playoffs yet.

we could be lights out over the next 3 games and still miss out at 11-5.

we don't have a shot at dick till PIT and/or KC slow down. PREMATURE.

Pocket Jet and Cman68 like this.
  9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

We have a better shot now that Bilal Powell is on PEDs.

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

74 and rinvesto like this.
  11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Denver would be dumb to play Manning. HE'S FINISHED.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

yea, given how weak the AFC is this year this team could make it over the 09 and 10 teams.

dogg likes this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LMFAO! This board is fuckin ridiculous after a few wins!!!

Cman68, Pocket Jet, Jake and 2 others like this.
  14. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

we have a legit chance to miss playoffs at 11-5 and you're calling the AFC weak...okay bud

jco2007 and Pocket Jet like this.
  15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Lets just make the playoff first then win a game or two. Then we can have this discussion

Pocket Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Or we could ultimately end up being the team with the best chance at winning the SB that doesn't make the playoffs.

So we got that going for us, which is nice...

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical of our chances to make the playoffs given the teams in front of us and our remaining schedule. However, I see where you're coming from. We have a veteran quarterback with good leadership who's thrown over twice as many TD's as picks and is capable of playing lights out when he's hot (9 TDs 0 picks since the Houston loss). We have a 1-2 receiver punch that's combined for over 2,000 yards and 20 TDs and is almost unguardable. We pair that with the AFC's leading rusher and now a change of pace receiving back who's spent the last 2 weeks exploiting the middle of the field when teams try to devote attention to the receivers outside. We have a defensive line so good that teams have stopped trying to run on us altogether. We have a shutdown number 1 corner and 3 or 4 other solid ones. We have an emerging, tone setting strong safety and an underrated free safety who's always in the right spot. We have an even keeled coach who's great at game planning defenses specific to his opponent, and an OC who doesn't get nearly the love he should on this site.

For a "rebuilding team" we have tons of experience. Darrelle Revis won a Super Bowl and went to 2 AFCCG with us. Breno has won a Super Bowl and Carpenter has tasted both victory and defeat. Willie is on IR but he has a ring. Decker went to a Super Bowl. Mangold, Brick, Cro, Harris and Pace are holdovers from the AFCCG runs. This is a team riddled with deep playoff experience, as well as a bunch of young guys (Mo, Sheldon, Damon, Leonard, Pryor, Ivory) hungry for the opportunity; a great mixture of leadership and desire.

Who's unbeatable? The Broncos, Bengals, Colts, Texans and Chiefs can all be had. We know the Patriots as well as anyone and have a half dozen players who knocked them off 4 years ago. The one team I would be worried about is the Steelers. But all it takes is for a team to get hot 3 weeks in a row, someone does it every year. If Fitz can replicate these last 3 games next month, why not us?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so does this mean we're NOT the 2000s knicks?

PabloJa likes this.
  19. gulbane

gulbane Member

Yea, sad as it sounds, I doubt we will make the playoffs. Firstly, I highly doubt we will win out and go 11-5 (will beat Dallas, but split NE/Buf games). Realistically, we go 10-6...still a damn good record, and in MOST years, this is enough to get you into the playoffs.

But, if we do magically go 11-5, and Steelers/KC lose 1 game each.....then yes, we would have won 6 in a row and be on FIRE.....real chance to make SB if that happens.

I think we will go 10-6 and miss...but honestly, can you be pissed at the Jets about that? Fantastic year and improvement vs LY.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  20. Flymax

Flymax New Member

I hate you

MJK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.