Giants made Jets wife enter stadium through a loading dock

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Dec 8, 2015.

1. EXPRESS2PENN

EXPRESS2PENN Member

It did happened like that. I remember what transpired like it was yesterday. The Giants did set a deadline to either join them or get left out. They wasn't going to build nothing until Woody starting looking to build the WSS.

2. EXPRESS2PENN

EXPRESS2PENN Member

They wanted to put it where the sphere is currently at. Queens boro president and the pols was willing to give that up for the Jets to rebuild other parts of Flushing Meadow. Woody would of made his money back by not only football but by having a MLS NY team there. Soccer is becoming huge in the city. Just look at the numbers NYCFC and the Cosmos pull in. That stadium would of been used alot.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Woody's wife is like 16 yrs old. I'm sure she can climb a few stairs.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets stayed in NJ after the WSS fell apart because it made sense for their season ticket holders. I'd be surprised if they came back for anything but a prime location and deal. Yonkers isn't going to entice them with a property that makes the move worthwhile. The WSS had the west side subways connecting to PATH connecting to NJ transit and had two ways across the Hudson with the tunnel and the bridge. I don't think the Tappan Zee fits well into that pattern but I guess if the stadium was located on the Hudson somewhere a bit north of the city it might.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Yep. Kinda made me think of the smurfs. Apparently all of the Smurfs have one Smurfette and the Jets have one wife.

Come to think of it, anyone ever see Better Off Dead with John Cusack? Here is a blast from the past: he decides to make a run at dating the head cheerleader for the basketball team but she is dating the WHOLE team.

I'm gonna find that clip. The meantime, for any of you unaware of this magnificent film, enjoy this moment from the film:

6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

No I didn't know that. I don't sweat the small shit. We won that what counts. I wouldn't care if they made them pay to get in.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That area would have been a NIGHTMARE! I drove by there many times on Sunday afternoons while I lived in NYC and traffic was horribly congested. I don't think that would have ever worked as a site for the stadium.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Don't really care but if I was Woody I'd be f-cking pissed. He helped build the place and the Mara's would bend backwards for one of their own. Maybe he posted on Twitter that The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo remake sucked. Who knows?

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I wish they made Woody enter through a loading dock,Doesn't matter anyway,The Giants left with there heads held low

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

FTG...FTG...FTG...

74 and Endlessly Counting like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They also stayed in NJ because Woody had gone all in on the WSS and had no Plan B. He had no choice at that point. He hadn't done his homework and secured the necessary backing to get the WSS done, and hadn't had the forethought of having a backup plan other than the shared stadium with the Giants.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We made the Giants leave through the Losers door with there heads held in shame...,Coughlin needed a wheelchair and a oxygen tank just to get to back to the locker roon

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

That's because the Giants are not the class organization they pretend to be. They're whiny trash and got theirs last week.