Thank you Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Dec 6, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol usually it's like a side note but fuck it i'm screaming

abyzmul likes this.
  2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

he is probably showing nothing in practice

3. srains

srains Member

I would once again like to thank Ik for punching Geno in the face, YOU ROCK!!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i was critical of fitz when he wasnt playing well and im here to give him props now ... he has balled out the last few weeks

his pre-snap reads have been on point. he usually knows where the advantage is and goes for it (although, i hope he soon learns that kellen davis is not the matchup you want to go to)

LIJetsFan, ajax and WW85 like this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

1985 is probably terrified he's closer to the jets single season td record

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

7. srains

srains Member

Thanks, made me laugh

Cman68 and Poeman like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

your words to Chan's ears...

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I agree but Marshal and Decker are two receivers that fit into his style. He does not make them better in fact it might be reverse. I give him credit for playing well within the system certainly he better then anything we have seen constantly at the position since Chad.
    Everyone here should agree we do not stop looking for our QB of the future but we have a qb now that will not loose us games on his own. Conversely he will not win games on his own either. I hope for his sake we make the playoffs because 10 yrs with seeing the playoffs or winning record is bad and has to grind on him.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Not win us games? You did watch the game last Sunday correct?

Both Decker and Marshall are putting up similar numbers with Cutler and a guy named Manning so I am not sure of your point except you do not like fitz.

#170 cval, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, the negativity during a tough stretch of games is over the top. Recently, I haven't posted as much as I have in the past, skipping the nonsense. Also, I've been very busy with work and travel.

I post when I have something to contribute and not argue with someone who disagrees. I hope you will at least stick around for the draftforum.

Back on topic, I'd like to see Fitz stick around for a few more years........but need to upgrade the O-Line for whoever is QB.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He's at 22 TDs on the year,Only 8 more and he breaks the all time Jets QB TDs in a season record.Can he do it ?4 games to go......its a lock

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wondered where you had been.

I'm gonna try to stick it out, but some days it's about more than I can stomach.

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to contribute as much to the draft forum this year, as I haven't had time to watch much college football, but I look forward to reading yours and others' posts.

I totally agree regarding the OL and FItz.

#173 NCJetsfan, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    WW85 likes this.
  14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I always look forward to your POV in the draft forum.

I will be around more after after the new year and hopefully can help other mods police the site.

I will be posting my first Jets Mock draft in a day or two.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing it!

16. Sixto

Sixto Member

per all the articles today ... he's txt'ing, chatting, videos ... as marshall said he's relentless during the week getting info to them ... the guy might not have the cannon arm or top skill but he's sure into it and a leader.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

LOL. In the how soon they forget department.

who's line was this 20/25 358yds 3 TDs 0 ints

Geno Smith in a 37-24 win over the fish in last years final game. :)

Lam

18. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

358 is not 390

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/12/ryan_fitzpatrick_jets_chan_gailey.html

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick want to return to Jets in 2016? 'I love it here,' he says

FLORHAM PARK — Every so often, the Fitzpatrick family — mom, dad, and their five young kids — makes the short drive from their house in Chatham to downtown Madison.

They'll stop by Nicky's Firehouse for pizza, or pop into McCool's for ice cream. The Fitzpatricks, recent arrivals in northern New Jersey who don't know how long they'll stay here, do their best to make this place feel like home.

PLUS: Jets 23, Giants 20: The good, the bad, and the ugly from a thrilling comeback win

They're used to this — the familiarity of newness — because they've bounced around the country for dad's job.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Jets' quarterback, is on his fourth team in four seasons. First came his last of four years in Buffalo, 2012. Then he went from Tennessee to Houston, which traded him to the Jets for the final year of his contract in 2015.

So what's next? Will the Fitzpatricks need to find a new pizza joint, a new ice cream shop in 2016?

Fitzpatrick has played well enough, thriving lately, that even though he's 33, it seems entirely possible the Jets could re-sign him after this year and welcome him back for his 12th NFL season. He believes he is peaking now, with his sixth team. The Jets are 7-5, and in the hunt to give Fitzpatrick his first playoff appearance.

"I've really enjoyed this year, the guys in the locker room, getting back with Chan," Fitzpatrick told NJ Advance Media, referring to Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, his head coach in Buffalo from 2010-12. "It's been a great opportunity for me. It's been a very refreshing year, just in terms of the guys I've been able to play with and hang out with on a daily basis. So I love it here."

Fitzpatrick wouldn't say definitively if he wants to return to the Jets next season. Gailey's presence in the organization presumably could help entice Fitzpatrick to stick around. But with the way he's played recently, he could enjoy the contract bargaining leverage of at least a few other offseason suitors.

Fitzpatrick has 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions this season, including six touchdowns and no picks in the past two games, both wins. His career high for touchdown passes in a season is 24. His current quarterback rating is 88.1, which stands as the second-best of his career, behind 95.3 last year in Houston.

Since then-teammate IK Enemkpali's punch broke quarterback Geno Smith's jaw in the locker room during training camp, and Fitzpatrick immediately rose from backup to starter, the bearded veteran has commanded respect from the Jets.

Fitzpatrick might never have started this season if not for Enemkpali's punch. But when Fitzpatrick got the starting job, he never let go of it. Now, you regularly see players walking around the locker room wearing "Fitz Magic" T-shirts.

[​IMG]Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
    Despite his overall steadiness this year, and recent uptick, Fitzpatrick balances his happiness about his performance with the awareness that things could change quickly in the final four regular season games.

"Last year, I felt like I maybe had my best year," he said. "I just feel like I'm a much better quarterback now than I've ever been. These four games, they mean so much, just in terms of I'm going to look back on this season, whether it was a success or not. I guess that's yet to be determined.

"I wouldn't be still standing here if I didn't have a lot of belief in myself, because there's not a whole lot of belief in me in the outside world. To me, it's always been believing in myself. I know what type of player I am. I know what I'm good at, and what I'm not good at."

Ever since the Rams drafted Fitzpatrick in the seventh round out of Harvard in 2005, he's learned that planning for — or counting on — anything in the NFL is foolish. So he speaks cautiously about what next season might bring.

Darrelle Revis practicing again 12/10/15(Video by Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
    "It's hard to think too far ahead," he said. "You can't put too much thought into the what-ifs, because you'll end up going crazy."

The life of a journeyman NFL quarterback taught his entire family to enjoy the present, and not worry about what's next. Fitzpatrick and his wife, Liza Barber, have have a full house, with kids ages 8, 6, 4, 2, and seven months. Their 8-year-old son, Brady, is in the third grade. He is in his fifth elementary school.

"It's not easy, but it's all my kids know," Fitzpatrick said of the frequent moves. "We're sort of used to it at this point."

The Fitzpatricks own an offseason home in Arizona, where Ryan grew up, but they spend minimal time there, because of the kids' school schedules. The concept of a definitive home doesn't exist for them right now.

"It's hard to even say," Fitzpatrick said. "We try to make [a new place] feel as homey as possible, as quickly as possible. We've kind of been nomads, so [home] is something that doesn't exist in our life right now. Nomads is our normal, I guess."

Jets coach Todd Bowles describes post-game texts from Bill ParellsNew York Jets head coach Todd Bowles describes the text messages he gets from former coach Bill Parcells after every game. (Video by John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
    Still, they've settled in just fine around here. Fitzpatrick, man of simple pleasures, loves being near lots of Dunkin' Donuts, since they are sparse outside of the Northeast. The kids got a kick out of romping around the American Museum of Natural History and the Lego Store. Fitzpatrick and his wife laughed wildly while seeing "The Book of Mormon" on Broadway. Plus, a bunch of their old friends from Harvard, where they met, live in New York City or northern New Jersey.

Despite all that's new about this experience for Fitzpatrick and his family, part of coming to the Jets did feel like home, because of Gailey and his offense. While others doubted Fitzpatrick, he said Gailey always believed he could thrive in the NFL. Gailey, 63, was out of football for two seasons, since the Bills fired him, before he accepted coach Todd Bowles' offer to coordinate the Jets' offense.

[​IMG]

Jets report card, as they move closer to playoffs with comeback win at Giants

It was a big victory for the Jets.

"He means a lot to me personally and professionally, just in terms of the things that we've been through," Fitzpatrick said of Gailey. "He's just been a guy that has always stood by my side, and I've tried to do my best for him at all times."

And there they were, the quarterback and his coordinator, reunited and rejuvenated, celebrating after Sunday's 23-20 overtime win at the Giants. The thrilling comeback victory put Fitzpatrick one step closer to another new experience — the playoffs.

"Those are just cool moments that mean a little bit more, probably, just because of our history together," Fitzpatrick said.
    _

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

you could not be more wrong check my posts I support fitz. But people here are over the top either they love or hate. He is what he is. A journey man qb that plays well with in the system. With very good receivers, you could argue he never had a receiving 1-2 punch like this before. He has good receivers before but not in this system which he is a fit in.
    But he does not elevate other players games,which is something very few qbs do. I.E. Peyton has made receivers better has Fitz ever done that? Not a knock but a fact. Until the Jets find that guy they should keep on looking.