Was a big Bowles Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Benny the Jet, Nov 12, 2015.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Revis was never the fastest. It appeared he was running stride for stride be of his technique and body position. Both things typically stop the receiver from running full tilt.

EcKo151 likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Exactly right. All the hate for Bowles on that call is nonsensical BS. We lost because of execution, period. Fumble, BS interception, fumbled KO return, and key dropped passes when it counted.

3. TurkJetFan

if that's the reason that's an abomination

4. TurkJetFan

Exactly right? That was an obvious FG situation and had we taken it we'd of won the damn game...How is that exactly right?

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

How do you figure that? You make it sound like its automatic? We would have needed to drive 40 or fifty yards in 20 seconds with not time outs.
    If we score the TD the game is over...,period. If we don't we still need to hold them with 3 and out( which we didn't by the way) and try again. With 20 seconds on the clock I doubt it we even get close for a second field goal.
    Putting a wounded Marshall and a clueless Davis for the last pass was right down insane, to me it was a great call but a pathetic execution and alignment for that call. Where the fuck is Cumby or Kerly?

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What? We had zero time outs and Twenty seconds when we got the ball back.....field goal or not. What am I missing?

7. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Huh? We had a chance to kick a FG with about 3 mins left, all 3 timeouts and the two minute warning.....and the defense had just completed 4 straight 3 and outs. You are missing a lot if you don't see why we should have kicked a FG.

IDFjet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

What if you don't stop them? That logic makes absolutely no sense. Even if you score a TD there, you have to go for a 2 point conversion right? Let's say at best you convert. You are up by 3. YOU STILL NEED A STOP!!!!!!!!! At worse you don't convert the 2 point conversion and the Bills can still kick a FG to win. Either way your defense is going to need one stop to win the game

IDFjet likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He's telling you without telling you he has no confidence in the D making that stop if he's even bringing up an onside kick with 3 minutes to go and every timeout. Either that or Bowles is even more clueless at clock management than he's looked this year

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

no way. Jets just comitted turnovers. Rex did was Bowles allowed him to do. and was shaking like a pussy at the end of the game, then screamed a dropped a buncha F-bombs as if we didn't basically give them that game. Bills barely even EARNED that shit.

11. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Exactly I am sick of hearing that Rex outreached Bowles. Bowles made some critical mistakes and coached like a baffoon in my eyes, but was not "outcoached." They had no time outs and made no adjustments on offense in the second half and blew all their challenges. Thats not outcoached. Rex was just the better of two awful coaching performances. Thats like saying one guys 400 lb girlfriend is thin because his buddy's girlfriend is 450.

Red Menace and JetLifeLo like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Let me try it again. Ok, you kick the field goal. You even make it.
    As it turned out the next time we got the ball we had 20 seconds and no time outs and a lot of yardage to cover. Do not assume it would have been any different because we kicked the field goal. If you thing an on side kick was the answer, and is less risky than going on fourth down, well think again. We did not freaking stopped them after the fourth down. I think Bowles felt going on fourth down Gave us a better chance than going three and out after the field goal.....and apparently he was right since we did not stop them.
    The game was lost long before that. Even with all that, had we had a TE on that pass we win the game.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

What play are you talking about? If they make the FG, it's a 22-20 game, with 3:30 left to play, the Bills can't run plays to run the clock down.

It's not that hard to figure out, chasing points with 3:30 left is not the way to manage games as HC.

Kick the FG, make it a 22-20 game and let your defense make a stop, if the bills manage to burn 3:30 in the game and make you use your time outs then thy deserved to win the game.

IDFjet likes this.
  14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So I guess it was smart to call the most important play of the night for your least talented skill position player who rarely is on the field? It would be like Rex calling a play for John Connor in a big spot.

15. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

What did Bowels do wrong last night? I've been cirtical of his game management, but for the most part that was fine last night and he was aggresive (which is something most here have been callong for).

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Someone can be a very good coach and not be an expert at clock management and calculation of expect value and I think TB fits this profile. For $500 a game he could get a professor of statistics to advise him on such matters. I really don't get why NFL teams don't seem to value this type of expertise and prefer the HC to wing it by intuition in the middle of a high pressure situation.

bartscott likes this.
  17. roy_miami

roy_miami New Member

Three minutes left with three timeouts is enough time for not only the game winning filed goal but a TD, and not only that but you should actually be milking clock to not leave Buffalo the chance to come back, even with no timeouts. It was dumb to not kick the field goal but Bowles comments about not wanting to have to try an onside kick is mindnumbingly dumb.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I like that Bowles was aggressive even if it went South.

If Parcells pulled the same stunt and failed I think you would be giving him a mulligan.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!

Let's put the blame on Bowles. Forget the abysmal play calling at times. Forget the fumbles, one of which was picked up for a TD. Forget the dropped passes and lack of separation.

No, let's just blame Todd Bowles.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I ranted enough in the other thread. Bowels is still learning. I can excuse the clock management over the past few games and the rookie mistakes, but he really needs to communicate with Gailey better. I don't think he even told him we'd be going for it on 4th that first time we failed, so rather than run the ball, they did that stupid screen play with no blockers.

I agreed with going for it on 4th there. Not because we needed the ball back, but because it wins us the game if we score. We should have kicked the field goal earlier in the game when it was still early (I think it was late 3rd). We kick the field goal then and then that last drive we kick another to put us ahead. We only went for it on 4th there because we did it early in the game. We shouldn't have to rely on 20 second comeback wins. They don't grow on trees.