Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Talk about embarrassing. You really are one of the dimmest bulbs on this forum.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

If your coach states that they went for the 10 yard pass because the QB currently in couldn't reach the end zone, then I think the complete has merit. The only chance there with no timeouts is either a hail mary, or quick toss to the sideline. I don't see the harm to putting in Geno just to reach the end zone.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

When he didn't go for it on 4th and 6, that's when Coach Ballless lost the game for us.

4. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Bad day on offense, no running game, injuries all over and forced only 18 offensive players active and still scored 30 vs a good defense in a rivalry game. This team is really good.

5. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Punting there was ultimately the right move.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Smith isn't going to do crap with a QB that can't throw the ball 35 yards downfield. People act surprised when we have a deep receiver that rarely sees the field cause we don't have a QB that throws deep on the field.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Can somebody post a few bullet points on things this team did WELL today. All the NEGATIVE NANCYS are making it hard to put this loss in perspective.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, good point but he's not separating on the 30 yard patterns. He did make a good catch on the one crossing route. And for all the fans who say we played scared on that 3rd down play we went to him fairly deep instead of playing it more conservative. Which is what I thought we should have done. One of the key plays in this game. Btw the Raiders are so far blowing out San Diego.

9. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Punting was absolutely the right call; the punt return coverage was bad (though I could have sworn Amendola signaled for a fair catch before running it; but I was watching through Sunday Ticket and couldn't rewind, so I might be wrong). The poor decision was throwing deep on 3rd and 6.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

To me that was the single biggest play of the game. If we get them off the goddamn field in that spot, we still have 2:00 and three timeouts to win the game with a late TD ... And I would have given us a good chance to get that done. When they converted that pass, it was game-set-match.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  11. NYJFan10

Honestly where I thought we played scared was the end of the first half...down three points with all three timeouts and you don't even try to score? With the Pats getting the ball first in the second half? God forbid we gave up a TD on that first drive in the second half the game would really have gotten out of control.

12. NYJFan10

Well the pass defense was crap with no pass rush at all in the second half, the Pats didn't even ATTEMPT to run the ball so not much good to say about the defense overall. The Pats stopped themselves far more than we did with their ten (!) drops. They didn't run the ball great on offense, part of that was the Ivory injury but the Pats were bottling a lot of stuff up too.

The WR's played well, that's about it. Fitz and the receivers kept us in the game for the most part. And Kerley showed how dumb the staff was for preferring Owusu and the other guy who just got suspended that I can't even remember his name - Enuwa?

#972 NYJFan10, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I thought Smith was supposed to learn all the routes? He wasnt just going to be a deep threat. He has been a non-factor and he gets repeatedly manheld by opposing DB's.

14. NYJFan10

This is basically still the end of preseason for him with missing all of camp, and he doesn't get reps in preseason games either.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

How many looks do you expect Smith to get with Marshall and Decker on the field? And if Kerley is playing, I'd look for him too before Smith.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Doesnt seem like Brady just throws to Gronk and Edelman, does he? The Jets need more receivers to get separation and make plays. Smith isnt there yet.

FlaJet and Cman68 like this.
  17. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

2 things lost us the game...... Marshall dropping a td....... And our supposed best defense laying eggs the entire 4th quarter...... That's what lost us the game...... Not our coach.....,

PulseJet likes this.
  18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You don't think mismanaging the time and not giving us a chance to put up a possible total 14 points (7 points at the end of each half) is a factor in losing this game? Are you kidding me?

TNJet likes this.
  19. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

We get stops and Marshall catches the damn ball and we win regardless of everything else...... Face facts...... When we needed our big name d and our Million dollar WR, they where nowhere to be found

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Amendola did signal for a fair catch... I saw it too. I will double check on game pass tomorrow, but in the game thread there were more than a few fans that mentioned it