Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Mangold Goldman

Bowles is gonna blitz the hell out of cousins and show him many different looks to confuse him. Just look at what they did to Tannehill, he was completely flustered by what Bowles threw at him.

Honestly the key is stopping the run, if they are in 3rd and 5+ constantly, I like our chances to force punts and turnovers.

Another key is getting off to a fast start in order to keep the crowd in the game. Against Philly, the crowd was amazing, especially on their 3rd downs but was quickly taken out of the game

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Redskins had a pretty good game plan today. The Falcons came out flat and had an off game on offense. Falcons move to (5-0), Redskins drop to (2-3). Ending the game with a Pick-6 in OT could be demoralizing for the team. This is preached weekly, but the Jets need to come out fast. The Redskins could get buried pretty early if the Jets get out to a quick lead. Easier said than done though.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks this is going to be an easy win needs to have their head examined. The Redskins have looked bad once this year, and that was when they played the Giants. I think we win it in a close one, 20 - 14.

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

We're going to have a hard time moving the ball against a good defense, but I really can't see them scoring more than 13.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't think it will be an easy one. Skins defense looked good today. One good thing is we know out defense will find a way to shut down the Skins. As long as we score around 20, we should win.

6. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

People are underestimating the Redskins. Their defense is good. If they can take away those short slant passes from Fitzpatrick, the team will probably struggle to move the ball. They won't let Ivory beat them

I hope the D gets some turnovers and set up some short drives for the offense

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Didnt know where to post this, but on the Pats:

Bowles has to find a way to screw up Brady's timing. Belli-douche has taken Chip Kelly's innovations and runs them well. (ugh.) I was half asleep during the Pats-Boys game, but I saw a lot of Oregon's system there. It's going to tall order. But I believe we have the personnel to do it. He just needs the right game plan.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I really just don't see Kirk Cousins getting it don't against our defense...It really just isn't going to happen, he's terrible. We can probably score 14 and win. Sitting at 4-1 (what should be 5-0 lets be honest) is about as good a start as could have been imagined.

Just try and stay stride for stride with Pats as best as possible until we get a crack at them. And I'll say it now. I see us destroying the Pats. They just don't match up well. Skrine will be our make or break against Pats, covering the shifty Edelman. If he can take him out of the game, and we can key in on Gronk they are going nowhere against us

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is 100% correct but will be a tall, tall order for the Jets. Brady was literally unstoppable even in the first half, while he was running for his life with 5 sacks to boot.
    I think we have to first and foremost find a way to completely control the clock and keep Brady's ass off the field as much as possible. Find a way to totally gas their defense and get new legs in the fourth quarter running them into the ground. Can we steal a page off of them and fire short passes and screens and reverses and keep them from always stacking the box?
    Offensively once their receivers are marginally open they can tear you up, and their yac is amazing. Our LBs will be destroyed by half time unless we can ring Brady's bell a few times and totally get him off his rhythm. We must absolutely have to win the turn over battle by a bunch.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is right in the money. If skrine can stick with Edelman , we run the ball and control the clock we can leave Foxboro with a win. But first we must take care of business this weekend vs Washington !!!

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They have Edelman and Amendola..both have to be negated to have any chance and Gronk goes without needing to mention and if you watched yesterday's game you saw how quick Brady releases so that's another problem to deal with.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Punch washington in the mouth early and they'll be beaten fairly easy. It's really all about how fitz responds to their defense..

13. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

This should be an ugly game for both offenses, but Jets should win. 17-6. I think Kirk Cousins turns the ball over a few times.

14. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Nobody is concerned about Dion Lewis lined up wide against Demario Davis? That is exactly what they're gonna do to us. Wheel routes, rub routes to get Dion open. And with our tackling issues, he'll juke out everybody. Dion Lewis is who we should fear when facing the Pats.

Edit: Saw some people address the Pats towards the end here and forgot it was a Wash thread lol

tiger8mush, The Dark Knight and joe like this.
  15. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Washington should have Desean back and has known to give Revis fits when they've played each other. Don't trust Cromartie on Garcon. If Jordan Reed plays he will be the focal point; our linebackers can't cover Jordan Reed.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We we lose this game after coming of our bye AND getting Richardson back Bowles should be fired on the spot.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You've been jacking Rex off ever since he left, never mind that in 2014 the fucker came off a bye and faced a team that didn't practice all week and had to catch snowmobiles to the airport to play their "home game" in Detroit and still destroyed Rex's Jets 38-3. Pretty par for the course for a guy whose teams were NEVER prepared coming out of the bye.

But yeah, Bowles should be fired if he loses the week after the bye in his first year as HC. :rolleyes:

Good old Don.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Atta boy Don! - middle of October and already let's blow it all up. .

Name Bowles' replacement.

JETS1116 and Jay Bizniss like this.
  19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I like what that new chap in Buffalo is doing ;)

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Seems like a bit of a stretch there.