Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Not sure how to feel about it. Could be good or bad.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm real uneasy about the Washington game. I have the utmost confidence in our defense and with Sheldon coming back...lights out. However, I have flat ZERO confidence in our QB (so what's new here) and I PRAY Ivory is ready to rumble. Hopefully Powell is healed up or, at the very least, Stacy is ready to to on a bigger role because while I'm absolutely not worried about Decker/Marshall...I AM worried about getting the ball TO them.

This sucks...I should be sitting back and revelling in our DOMINANT team...but there's always one damn aspect of it that has to suck butt hole.... <sigh>

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Redskins have a shitty secondary, Marshall and Decker should continue their dominance against secondaries. Quick passes to both of them and let them make plays.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's gonna be how they get DC to back out of the box. Unless their DC is a complete zombie, he'll put 10 in the box and 1 deep just to stop Ivory and make Fitz air it out. Looking forward to a very physical game and a hard fought Jet Win!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Desean Jackson and Jordan Reed both OUT this week for the Redskins. Might be tough for them to score in Atlanta. Should be tough for them to score against the Jets even if both of those guys are back next week though. Though I would be concerned with Cromartie covering Jackson. You would assume Revis would be on Garcon.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I find it kind of difficult to worry about this game. The Skins HAVE to run on us to be successful, and we're getting Sheldon back. Yes we need to be ready for a post-bye-week, pre-Pats week game against a weak team, but we are getting Sheldon back--you don't think our D is going to be salivating all week? I really think Mo is a better player than Sheldon, but his intensity is obvious. How can anybody think that guy won't have the D-line, at least, ready to destroy this Redskins team? Unless they suit up Jacoby and Grimm right out of the time machine, they will be lucky to show up in the box score at all.

Caveat: Our special teams will continue mass suck.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I would feel alot better about this game if we miraculously got a punter who could add 10 yards to his kick and special teams players who could tackle. If the offense sputters field position will be key. But I dont expect a letdown of Eagle proportions because Ivory and Decker should be full strength and Devin Smith will have another week to get in sync with Fitz.

pdxdrew likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The Skins are a decent team with a pretty good defense. We are going to have a tough time scoring next week.

DRCâ„¢ likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

As long as we don't turn the ball over in our territory they will not score. Our front 7 should demolish their front - especially with Sheldon coming back. I can see us winning this game 13-3 or 16-7

13. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I can see you don't watch much NFL. Any given Sunday mean anything to you?

JETS1116, BigGreenUgly and Vida like this.
  14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Washington played a lot better than I was expecting today, particularly Cousins. Also the Washington defense bottled up the Atlanta run fairly well (granted, Atlanta's rushing success wasn't tenable for an entire season). That being said, Cousins lost the game in OT, and their defense came up small to allow Atlanta back into the game. Next week, I don't think the Washington offense will have anywhere near that kind of success against the Jets' defense, especially with a week of rest AND Richardson back.

Vida likes this.
  15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Washington was pretty decent today. But Captain Kirk was Captain Kirk.. Make less mistakes than them and we are in business. Just win, baby. Don't turn this into a trap game.!

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

If we lose this game I quit on this season

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

perhaps utilizing more 4-3 looks this time is in order?

their O-line is vulnerable and our D-line is dominant, lets stack the odds in our favor just a bit more.

Maybe have Wilk on left end, Williams/Coples on the weak side, Richardson at 3 tech DT, Snacks/Douz on 0/1/2 tech depending on the down.

why give Cousins any slack right? blitz Harris and Davis good and often, trust your secondaries ability to stop Garcon and co. and watch the picks arrive safe delivered in bubble wrap.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yes. It means the Jets can beat the 'Skins on any given Sunday. duh

20. Mangold Goldman

Grow some balls