All Jets players that have been cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 5, 2015.

1. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Keeping Flynn or Johnson wasn't going to change the issues we have at QB. Fitz was still going start and maybe Geno will be back sooner rather than later to be backup.

2. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

And they signed Powell to PS

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

But shouldn't he be our starting kr? Can't be on the practice squad for that..

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm sick over the fact that we cut Miles.

5. NYJalltheway

The bright side is we got Owusu and Powell back.

6. Jersey Joe 67

I'm glad about that but I think Miles has more upside then both of them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

me too. assume they will get him back on the PS (again)..
    just sucked to demote him in favor of an UDFA who hasn't been here.

glad as hell they got Owusu on the team tho.
    he's primed for real contributions if his brain injuries hold up.

8. NYJalltheway

I respectfully disagree. I think Owusu could turn into a very good wr 2. I think Miles could be a good role player, and surely worth a roster spot, but I can't see him turning into an above average starting NFL safety.

9. Jersey Joe 67

You may be right and now that he's not on our team I hope you are.
    I was upset over all 3 cuts when they happened but out of the 3 I think Miles is going to be a very solid player and seems to always be around the ball .
    Owusu is someone I see as a project that has tons of upside but his head injuries are a big concern.
    Powell is a guy that can always be a step away from a big play and given the fact that we had no one on the roster to replace him in the return game it was certainly a head scratcher for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NYJalltheway

Well we could bring Miles back too. I have a feeling nobody will pick him up.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

When is all well and done, and IMO there is more up their sleeves to solidify the 53 man roster, I will step back and think how fortunate we are to have the group of players we have this year versus last year. Still a couple od positions of weakness but all in all a far cry from 2014. It is becoming abundantly clear to me that we finally have guys at the helm that know a thing or two about football personnel and they will not be easily BS for marginal trades or for protecting players that are perhaps fan favorites but in the grand scheme of things not where you want to stack your resources.
    Miles stings because he is the poster child we all root for, great ethic, hard worker, team player, solid underdog and all. But lets face it, I think Bowles knows extremely well what safety type can play a bigger role and can grow the most in his organization. The release of the last 2 WRs and subsequent return was a damned good strategic move on their parts, because when the opposition is screaming for OL you protect them, and pull the trigger with a trade later. Our OL might not be a problem this year after all....could that even be possible?
    So now we can take a deep breath and see where Mac might go next, will it be a TE on a trade? a Punter? a QB surprise? a back up Center? or just stay pat?
    Who knows, but unlike our past regimes, most all the moves seem to be solid, strategic and a pleasant surprise as the team continues to improve.

Let the damn season begin with a bang and finish with hi hopes of much better things to come.
    TGG fans, we might have something really good here for a change.

VaBchJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm sure one of these years Miles will prove all 32 teams wrong for not putting him on there roster for 3 straight years.

abyzmul and Jets69 like this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't know where to put this, but for those of you who were holding off on buying Leonard Williams jerseys: he just announced that he will wear 92.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Good deal, good to hear.

_

15. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

I think the thing about Miles is that you have to- at the end of the day- trust your coach. Bowles was a d-back in the NFL, knows the position as a player and a coach and coached a heck of a defense last year. This isn't like Rex Ryan picking a half-back because he has a cool nickname (Holla at your boy, John Conner).

If Bowles says the kid is a year away from being an NFL player, I have to take his word for that, it's the one spot on the field where he probably knows that better than anyone else. I'd like to have Miles on the squad, but we also brought in a lot of D-backs this year. It's not like we're throwing away a stud right guard just to play Brian Winters instead, we have some depth at Safety. I would've preferred keeping Miles over the guy they just brought in, but, they must have done that for a reason. Hopefully it all works out.