Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

9-7 against much weaker schedule w/ future HOF QB and no Tom Brady around to deal with. not all 9-7's are equal.

stop w/ the Favre hurting his arm excuse, he sucked and that team failed despite an easy road to a div title at least.

Favre was awful most of that season.

bottom line is w/ tougher sched, Brady playing and a rookie QB he took "Mangini's team" to a title game when Mangini couldn't take similar team to playoffs a year earlier and in 3 years couldn't win a single playoff game.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No sane person could ever argue that fact Legs... Rex will be talking shit from beyond the grave. :)

Now I do think Bowles has an opportunity here to instill a more professional style to this team. If he leads both by example and keeps it behind closed doors, you should see and hear a comforting silence coming from TC this summer. No more "I'm the best _____ in the NFL" shit. Amaro will either learn to adapt, or his ass will be planted on the end of the bench just north of the practice squad.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What's so surprising about what Amaro said? he's a rookie out of Texas Tech, where you assume he played for your typical drill sergeant asshole big time college program coach. Then he's drafted into Club Rex, where QB's miss meetings on the West Coast, DE's call timeouts, obviously under-performing players aren't benched, etc. I'd think the difference might be striking enough to comment on.

Charlie Kelly and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

SMH..we're such an ungrateful bunch. Let's hear the explanation how "the Clown" took the "Mangini built" defense from 16th to 1st in total defene. That's one neat circus trick, don't you think?

5. feldspar

feldspar Member

Only in this retarded age of sound bytes and political correctness does a quote like Rex's get so much attention.

It's called honesty. Remember that? This is still football, right? The interviewer was obviously fishing for a reaction, and got it...knowing full well that a lot of idiots out there with nothing better to do will have a strong reaction to it.

What I want to know is what Jace's frame of reference is. This isn't college, and last year was his only season in the NFL. How does he know how much "accountability" to expect in the NFL? The only thing he has to compare it to is college, which is a completely different thing. So, there is that...

Do people REALLY want to live in a world that actually "fighting back" is a no-no after you've been dissed deliberately? "Your wife is ugly and fat," somebody says. Then you're supposed to "take the high road" and say "well, that's like your opinion, man?" That's not human nature. It's dishonest and no fun.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fair points all.. I think folks just don't want to see this become a habit with Amaro (or any other Jet for that matter). Bowles needs to have a chat with the kid and clue him in on how things are done these days. What acceptable behavior looks like. I don't think Amaro will get too many more opportunities to create headlines other than on the field. Lets hope not anyway.

7. nyjunc

it's why we deserve to lose, no appreciation of anything. it's ok to move on and hate Rex now or even be pissed for the last few years but he still brought us closer to a SB than any time since SB III. isn't it amazing how folks think more highly of Mangini and his zero playoff wins than Rex?

8. Dierking

Oh, stop with the "we deserve to lose" nonsense. Fans are idiots sometimes. This fanbase has seen a lot to gripe about.

Bellows1 and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. nyjunc

we have seen a lot tog ripe about which is why we should appreciate what Rex was able to do the first few years but we have too many fans who do not. it's embarrassing.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That statement you do not know yet. Bowles has never been a HC so we don't know how good he will be.

legler82 and nyjunc like this.
  11. Dierking

Fine. Everbody loves a winner, when he's winning. We all appreciated those runs. They don't insulate him (or his quarterback) from genuinely deserved criticism about his performance.

12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

9 pages in you would think that Amaro told Rex to go fuck himself. His comment really wasnt that bad lol,

We have seen time and time again that Rex doesnt hold players accountable. He sticks with his guys a bit longer than he should. And he runs a very lax ship. In the right situation I'm sure its a nice change when your prior coach is a drill sergeant.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I mis-attributed your quote. :p;)

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I think it funny that people don't think Rex should defend himself.

15. nyjunc

he deserves his share of criticism but to see people pumping up Mangini and bashing Rex makes no sense.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Rex killed any gratitude that I had for his talents as a DC with his constant running of his mouth, his false bravado, his lack of holding players accountable, his classless and unprofessional behavior, his refusal to work to develop into a competent and quality HC, his refusal to learn offense, his refusal to adapt on defense when he didn't have the talent at CB to continue playing man coverage, his comments about his wife and other men fondling her feet (and who knows what else?), and the horrible job coaching he did the last 4 years. If he had left after 2010, I would have had some gratitude for him, even though I think much of his success was due to the talent and veteran leadership/character already on the team, the chemistry those players had, and the inevitable bump a players' coach gets when following a strict, anal, micro-managing HC.

egbert souse likes this.
  17. Dierking

I don't disagree. But let's not pretend that Mangini wasn't getting eviscerated daily on this board on his way out the door.

18. nyjunc

he was just like Ken O'Brien was getting killed when he was here, fans forget over time.

19. Dierking

Who is Ken O'Brien?

20. nyjunc

I don't remember