Ryan Fitzpatrick By the Numbers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 16, 2015.

1. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Bahahaha you're taking ESPN seriously that's cute...

Bring back Sanchez! He was the only reason the Jets went to 2 AFCCG's! Those other two years were just a fluke! Win loss blah blah blah

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You truly have a simple mind if you don't see that the issue of wins-loses was brought up separately and after the fact that I had already labeled Fitz a bad QB. It's in this thread.

My position was that even if Fitz was better than Geno, which is a discussion of ability, it wouldn't improve team win-loss, which is then applying that opinion on ability to win-loss results. There is no way you can interpret that as arguing his ability is based in win-loss when I clearly addressed them separately. That's really sad that simple two component argument is too complex for you and the only way your brain can grasp it is to eliminate the first component, the discussion of his ability, and then argue all I discussed was win-loss.

At this point you are just trolling or a simpleton if that is truly too complex for you.

#182 JetBlue, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  3. JetBlue

So you are arguing ESPN is the only source that keeps QB win-loss records?

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

5. JetBlue

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The point is that ESPN's Qb stats do not include team won-lost record. I thought that was the subject, not some general discussion of Tom Brady.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And you have an extraordinarily simple mind if you can't see how this has played out. You may have labeled Fitz as a bad QB for whatever reasons, but the only one you have put forth in this thread is his w/l record. You then wrongly state that his w/l record with other teams shows that he wouldn't improve w/l of the Jets. That's extremely tortured logic and it's quite simply wrong.

8. JetBlue

No, that's not what happened at all. I was asked a specific question about how wins-losses pertained to my opinion that he was bad which then led the conversation to strictly one of wins-losses. There is no requirement on my part to qualify that discussion that wins-losses isn't the sole element of my opinion of Fitz on any subsequent post just because you are confused. It is your responsibility to understand the total discussion if you then want to enter it or accept my clarification when it us given.

But make no mistake, it was your confusion. Which is no big deal in and of itself, other than the fact that when I corrected you you chose to continue to defend your mistake rather than accept you were mistaken.

It's one thing to mistakenly interpret what I stated; it's another to claim it is impossible that my argument could be anything other than your mistaken interpretation once I correct you.

9. Demosthenes9

I've got to say that I almost admire your pluck. I mean, the degree with which you spin and try to obfuscate things is amazing. Delusional, yet amazing none the less.

Again, using the logic of your argument, Warren Moon, a freaking HoF QB wouldn't have been an upgrade over Geno Smith as Moon had a career record just over .500 and Geno has shown that he can win 8 games.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they got the stat wrong, they were 4-4 w/ Mark as starter and really 5-4 as he came into tie game when Foles got hurt. Also, he faced the much more difficult portion oft he sched and led his O to almost a TD more per game than Foles.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let ESPN throw me a paper bag sandwich.

12. JetBlue

That's not my logic it's your Strawman because you are creating the argument that there could be no other differences between Geno, Fitz and Moon that I would use to formulate my opinion of Moon. I've never intimated anything of the sort so you are making up a Strawman and claiming it is my position. How does the Scarecrows song go again?

I said Geno and Fitz are both bad QBs so even if Fitz is slightly better it doesn't equate to him being able to lead the team to slightly better results.

Warren Moon was a really good QB, so I couldn't apply that same argument to him because the comparison of them aren't equal except for the wins-losses.

One is a comparison of two bad QB's, which is a different argument than a comparison of a good QB and bad QB.

But juggling multiple elements of an argument continue to prove too difficult for you which is why you continuously depend on eliminating actual elements of the he argument and only address the most simple elements that you understand, and in turn create straw mans to argue with yourself.

13. Demosthenes9

You know what ? If you had said that and left it there, I probably wouldn't have said a word in argument. Granted, I think Fitz is a step up from Geno at this point, but not enough to care about arguing it.

Again, this is where you are wrong. Warren Moon's record completely eviscerates the argument that you were making.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

arguing that W-L is somehow a QB stat is one part simple minded, two parts lazy.

i'm not surprised ESPN references it..

15. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

It was posted on December 20th, before the meaningless win in the finale.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Well now, don't be too hasty. What about one of those orange traffic cones? I bet he could run circles around that! Or a quadriplegic.... most likely.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

ok but still 4-4 and led his O to almost a TD more per game against much tougher competition. The D is why they blew it.

18. JetBlue

No it doesn't because my argument isn't based solely on win-loss so his record doesn't negate my opinion that he was a good QB.

19. JetBlue

No, arguing that wins and losses aren't kept as a QB stat is simply one part delusional, two parts head up the ass.

https://db0nus869y26v.cloudfront.net/en/2014_NFL_quarterbacks_win_loss_records

But I suppose the Seattle Seahawks, an actual part of the NFL, are stupid and lazy since they promote QB wins.

https://db0nus869y26v.cloudfront.net/en/2014_NFL_quarterbacks_win_loss_records

Oh, and here is an nfl.com article discussing what? QB career winning percentage, which is calculated how? Wins-losses.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-brady-surpassed-montana-as-greatest-qb-ever

And another from NFL.com:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iew-tom-brady-gets-another-marquee-qb-matchup

But sure, it's not a QB stat. If discussing it is an indictment of ESPN, I guess the NFL doesn't know their own game either then?

These are just a few examples of an internet full of resources discussing QB wins-losses. You may not like the stat, and there are plenty of arguments against it, but it is outright stupid to claim it doesn't exist as a QB stat.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Let me ask you a question (I probably asked this before don't remember) during the '09 and '10 seasons your reasoning for blaming the defense in those years was because they were the strongest aspect of team and what the Jets were built around. So if Philly is currently built around their offense and their offense is the strongest aspect of their team then isn't it fair to blame the offense based on the ressoning you set for blaming the '09 and '10 Jets defense?